PDA

View Full Version : What the hell, stay on the leaders course

montecristo1981
10-19-2008, 08:28 AM
How long do you have to stay glued to him before he wont say this?? Does he ever give you leave to go dogfight?

montecristo1981
10-19-2008, 08:28 AM
How long do you have to stay glued to him before he wont say this?? Does he ever give you leave to go dogfight?

Feathered_IV
10-19-2008, 08:48 AM
In real life, it was considered very bad manners to leave your wing leader unprotected. Wingmen would pretend not to hear them when they did. We usually just delete the sound files. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gorkyporky
10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
just reading the title made me wanna punch you over the internet.

SeaFireLIV
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
He says it even when you`re in combat sometimes!

It drove me potty.

So I deleted that saying. Much better.

WTE_Galway
10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
get promoted to major

that fixes the problem

M_Gunz
10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Common complaint about the AI wingmen is they never protect you, always somewhere else, etc.

ImMoreBetter
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Common complaint about the AI wingmen is they never protect you, always somewhere else, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The enemy AI seems to cover each other just fine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

WTE_Galway
10-19-2008, 08:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Common complaint about the AI wingmen is they never protect you, always somewhere else, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some commands work better than others.

"Cover Me" usually works, providing there is one bogey and it is actually shooting at you.

If the bogey is just attached to your 6 and is not shooting issuing "Cover Me" is pointless.

Also if more than one bogey is firing at you it is unpredictable which one the "Cover Me" command will send the AI hunting after.

A better solution is to padlock the main bogey giving you the most hassles and tell the AI to "Attack my Target".

M_Gunz
10-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Just noticing how well the shoe fits the other foot.

crucislancer
10-20-2008, 09:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImMoreBetter:

The enemy AI seems to cover each other just fine. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes. I think it might depend on the AI skill level. Just yesterday, I was chasing a P-51D while in a Dora, and then I see his wingman slowly overtaking me until he's about 150-200 meters away at my 1 O'Clock. I quickly forgot about the leader and shot down the wingman. This has happened quite a bit in the past to me.

PhantomKira
10-20-2008, 11:23 AM
^^^^ Same here, to the point where, unless I'm head on, or the wingman's nowhere to be found, I forget about the lead, and get the wingy, then get the lead, if the situation permits.

A note on radio commands that work: Asking ground control to vector friendly fighters into your area works, if the friendly flight is close enough to the action. Half a map away won't cut it, but somewhere fairly close yet out of visual range will. Per FMB.