PDA

View Full Version : 4.05m patch?????????????????

jamesdietz
05-17-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm trying a fresh install of both 4.04m & 4.05m hoping to get rid of stuttering problems...Only now I can't find 4.05m anywhere...has it been taken away as being a bit buggy?There wasn't much to it in the first place was there?

VW-IceFire
05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Its a pay for addon purchased online in the Ubisoft store. The next three "patches" are pay for addon packages. 4.05m comes with three flyable Pe-2s and two flyable Pe-3s. It also has 4 new campaigns including two for the Pe-2, one for the IL-2, and one for the MIG-3...all are professionally done and are pretty incredible. A gold standard for me to try and live upto. The Pe-2 is a very cool dive bomber in my estimation. Its quite a decent amount...although the next two addons will add plenty more.

Pentallion
05-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Is it EVER coming out on the shelf in America?

Hoarmurath
05-17-2006, 09:31 PM
No, it is never coming out of the shelf in america, or anywhere else, except russia.

It can be purchased online only as a download.

WWMaxGunz
05-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Them Warez Viruses really slow the ole PC down, don't they?

jamesdietz
05-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Gee - I need another cuppa coffee...I knew this & had paid for download...I'm squared away now ...just hope next patch cures the stutters!

WWMaxGunz
05-18-2006, 08:20 AM
If you paid that is a different thing.
Did you keep a backup and are you running 4.04 exe's?

It may be a good idea to run a scan for virus or other just to be sure anyway, internet is dirty.
Like there is no such thing as safe hex since when, 1996? Earlier?
Did you change anything else in your system before the stutters? Sometimes I run something that
I set graphics on high quality and forget to reset to high performance and ouch!

When you upgraded it may have changed your settings and defaults so check those against your old config.

If it still stutters then start backing off on graphics and maybe sound settings, all the while
checking for things like hardware accel that maybe you should or shouldn't have. Cut it down
till the stutters are gone.