PDA

View Full Version : Is FB1.1 enemy AI less aggressive?

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi, I haven't read too many posts and I'm wondering if anyone feels enemy aircraft in single-player missions are easier to shoot down with patch 1.1. As time has gone on I know I've improved some, but compared to pre-patch flying...the AI seems much less aggressive.
Now, if I leave my formation and pursue alone, enemy fighters may give token pursuit when they are in formation and I'm within range to fire. Many times I'm picking them off and they generally continue on path with relatively mild offense. Before any patch, I was usually pursued by fighters once in sight. And if I was alone, I would have been stupid.
My settings are for almost complete realism.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi, I haven't read too many posts and I'm wondering if anyone feels enemy aircraft in single-player missions are easier to shoot down with patch 1.1. As time has gone on I know I've improved some, but compared to pre-patch flying...the AI seems much less aggressive.
Now, if I leave my formation and pursue alone, enemy fighters may give token pursuit when they are in formation and I'm within range to fire. Many times I'm picking them off and they generally continue on path with relatively mild offense. Before any patch, I was usually pursued by fighters once in sight. And if I was alone, I would have been stupid.
My settings are for almost complete realism.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 11:52 AM
With the totaly unpatched FB the AI was Very nasty particualy with regards to head on's,now it more depends on what settings you have them on.

No1RAAF_Pourshot

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/CAC-15.jpg

CAC CA-15 Kangaroo

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure what the official line is from Maddox games, but yes it does seem as if the AI is a little easier to shake then before. Of course it may be now that it's more realistic and that they lose you from ground interference or they are conserving fuel/ammo. The rookies seem to fly more like rookies and the aces seem to really hang on your tail more now though overall. Bombers seem to be more aggressive though and fighters a little more passive.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Nige_Reconman wrote:

- Bombers seem to be more aggressive though

Great.... I was just getting a handle on
fighters, and still have problems with sniper
bomber gunner AI.........

So fighters will be easier, hmmm.... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
got the final patch, still havnt installed it, I'm
30 missions into in a Kursk campaign (FW 190 A5)
and want to finish it first.
(ie; dont know if the patch will screw it up, and
I have to start over, like with DCG)

Al

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 03:56 PM
My campaigns are ok with the (now-removed) "final" patch. Ask on the board again when the next iteration of the patch escapes from QA.

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1951.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 10:36 PM
Hi,

i think, this has more to do with the shooting skills of the AI. The biggest differencies where in hitting! Aces made hits even in very strange situations. Now, the AI- flyers are no longer those Uber- snipers like in 1.0 version. And, i recognized, that now it happens, that some enemies flee!!

In version 1.0, Ace and veteran flew nearly equally good, allthough aces knew some more tricks when flying very low. Normal flew really normal niveau. only rookies made a real bad job flying straight when shot at. It seems, that the differences in AI- level where primay in hitting ability and the time to react when attacked in version 1.0. Aces always ever knew, when they where attacked, rookies never knew. Give a rookie a ground target and he never made any evasive manouvers when you where at his six.

I am building a campaign and now i will change the AI - levels for the new versions. Now i have to raise the niveau of the enemy AI planes.

Definately, the AI is much more careful and shoots no longer so good. All in all it is much more realistic now.

Well done, Oleg!

Morg.

XyZspineZyX
09-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!

TOO MUCH/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!