PDA

View Full Version : Why is it you hate runners/roofer's?

DarkKing166
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
i mean get over it, so your target is doing warp ten across the map and the only likely way your gonna get to kill him is if you turn it into a chase, does that give you the right to get at them and then about how ubisoft should remove running or limit it? big floppin deal, if you don't like it kill a civ and move on or go after him for the 100 point's.

and roofer's, who care's? get off your lazy "stealth" and break a sweat! climb after them, easy to get high point kills. most of the time they focus on whatever they are doing and wont even notice you till its too late. being able to go on roof tops has been a major part of AC since the first one, its what made it such a free run and roam game, not only able to go just about anywhere you want but your able to basicly anything, and thoughs of you who hate roofers want ubisoft to get rid of it or lessen it so they play more how the game was "ment" to be played?

granted both can be annoying and you off but thats life and thats the game, play like them, learn how to beat them, or just shut up and play. they gave you the ability to quit the games for a reason.

the reason i chose to post this is cuz of some i played with an hour ago, i was on a roof after my target and after the game i get an mile long message of him in short basicly calling me a little nooby ***** who should get plua im tired of seeing posts of people saying how stupid it is, sorry for the rant.

why do you not like roofers and or runner's?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post inappropriate content.</span>

Sprint-Please
01-13-2011, 05:45 PM
because the sound you get when running while your enemy can see you is irritating. ):

mild jog BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ discreet!

DUN chase meter starts.

Rainie
01-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Runners I have no problems with but I hate roofers lol, but only cuz I don't like going up on the roof so it takes awhile for me to get my target lol

Johno_efc
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
My team mates being runners urines me off, not my enemy.

Plus when your looking for a target and your teammate bolts towards them at 100mph and spooks them and they run off into the night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

J4mes4125
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
I dont hate them I just get really annoyed when I'm the only player on the ground who isnt running.

cptn_k
01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Johno_efc:
My team mates being runners urines me off, not my enemy.

Plus when your looking for a target and your teammate bolts towards them at 100mph and spooks them and they run off into the night. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I never go for the same target as the rest of my team.
It stops the above happening and helps individual and team scores to get multi kill bonuses/slow poison/focus/etc.

Look at the blue target icons lit up in the top right corner, which tells you how many of your team are after the target you are, and if there are more than 2 lights change your target, and go hunting somewhere else, ideally a target with just one light.

I also always change my target at the start of every game from the default allocation, and usually go in opposite directions to my team mates.

If your team mates are runners then work solo - can be just as rewarding as teamwork but without the in-fighting for targets!
Or just let your team mates drive your target to you, they always will at somepoint and it's funny when you get their prey http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

I had a 'running' team a couple of days ago, and when I waited for my team mates to push 2 targets towards me together I managed to kill both before they could, getting major points and bonuses - they ended up running round trying to charge and shoulder barge me in a massive fail rage...oh how I laughed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I will usually outscore running team mates by a significant margin, so play your own game and don't get drawn in to tactics you don't want to.

obliviondoll
01-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Great advice cptn_k.

Except the very common moments when your runners show up after your target's poisoned, but before they died. Or come flying from a rooftop for a 150 point kill (50 points for co-op, of course, not for anything they did themselves) right before you land your incog+hidden one.

At which point switching to griefing mode (targeting any and every player who stole your kills) on defense can be a surprisingly effective, but more importantly, entertaining strategy.

If they hide in a haystack, jump in when you see your pursuers, kicking them out, then throw smoke before jumping back out yourself and running - They'll rarely see it coming in time to react, the smoke will prevent pursuers from doing anything to you personally if you do it right, and the "friend" will almost always die horribly wondering how it just happened.

More reliable, and even more confusing for them, is when you use disguise, then morph on the group they're hiding in.

Again, doing this as your pursuers arrive ensure maximum entertainment value. It also usually makes them not bother with TV, thinking they know which one morphed first, and usually guessing wrong, guaranteeing at least one stun, and usually letting you get away if you don't go for a second.

RebeccaLH
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Roof runners annoy me.
They waste my time.

FearlessSpeach
01-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by DarkKing166:
and roofer's, who care's? get off your lazy "stealth" and break a sweat!

Aww man, but I keep my PS3 and tv controllers on the nightstand and my gf is a robotics major and made me a remote controlled mountian dew delivery bot so I don't even have to get out of bed to play and now you want me to be active? laaaaaaammmmmeeeeeee

TheF00L82
01-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by FearlessSpeach:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkKing166:
and roofer's, who care's? get off your lazy "stealth" and break a sweat!

Aww man, but I keep my PS3 and tv controllers on the nightstand and my gf is a robotics major and made me a remote controlled mountian dew delivery bot so I don't even have to get out of bed to play and now you want me to be active? laaaaaaammmmmeeeeeee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL!!! This! 100% this! LOL!

cptn_k
01-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:

At which point switching to griefing mode (targeting any and every player who stole your kills) on defense can be a surprisingly effective, but more importantly, entertaining strategy.

Brilliant - a fun new mode to play without the need for DLC

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Originally posted by obliviondoll:

More reliable, and even more confusing for them, is when you use disguise, then morph on the group they're hiding in.

Again, doing this as your pursuers arrive ensure maximum entertainment value.

This is genius and will be my new strategy for dealing with annoying team mates from now on
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

DannyStrong
01-14-2011, 06:31 PM
i hate free runners, it's difficult to kill them quietly.

But I still think it's a legitimate "tactic", quickly getting into a proper killing position quickly is important. Addiitonally climbing onto the roof can bring your pursuers out in the open (though the tradeoff is youre also out in the open for your target to see you).

What I really dissaprove of is when my teamates on manhunt race to get each kill and will happily run high profile in sight of the target so they can be first to get the kill. I also hate when I get a solid incognito poison and my teammate then kills the target because he is putting number of personal kills above the team score.