PDA

View Full Version : WHAT COMES NEXT FOR IL2 OLEG?

Golden_Eagle_FM
09-17-2008, 04:13 AM
We got the message from Oleg that BOB will not be released before end 2009 if all goes well but could be even later.

Fine. Good to know. Thanks for the info. We can now let BOB slide into oblivion as it is not any more a topic of interest to talk about it.

What interest us is what we can expect with what we have and that is IL2.
I do hope then that we can expect not only to have a final 4.09 patch but a 4.10 patch until end of next year. There are many possible improvements and not only to add maps and airplanes, but also to improve shaders, visual effects, additional objects also more adapted to the pacific operations.
If the community around IL2 is to remain active and interested then it would be good business to release (I do not mind for free) additional improvement packages and why not some additional functionality for the FMB or improve the sound effects etc.

We have had the improvements of the increased visual distance which visually brought really a plus but it is frustrating to still have the smoke and object disappear at a short distance. This also could be improved and will bring a plus in visual realism.

To say that we must not disturb the development of BOB by asking to get moreon the existing product is fine when the time schedule is tight but here it is not anymore the case. If you postpone sear after year then you must manage the in between and plan some investment for it.

So Oleg what comes next for IL2?

Gold

csThor
09-17-2008, 04:21 AM
4.09 final ... and then nothing.

JG52Uther
09-17-2008, 04:27 AM
The only development for il2 now is mods.

Bearcat99
09-17-2008, 06:04 AM
Yeah I doubt that 1C would take the time to continue top develop the sim after 4.09 since they said already that they would not and the mods have become a fact of life in this sim not.

-HH-Quazi
09-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Really curious as to what exactly we will see in the 4.09 final patch. It has been eighteen months since the release of the 4.09 beta. Seeing as what can be done by one person over at the AAA site, just wondering what could be taking so long. Personally I would like to see some of the map mods included and able to be installed into the game without having to do all the circumventing that it takes to install third party mods.

DKoor
09-17-2008, 08:10 AM
He he that's why I turned my attention to RoFhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif ... besides that, it's obviously a great game.

lbuchele
09-17-2008, 08:31 AM
1C is fully commited to finish BOB and after then, releasing patches to it.
I really believe that Il2 is already finished for them and we will not see anything new outside the mods.

joeap
09-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by lbuchele:
1C is fully commited to finish BOB and after then, releasing patches to it.
I really believe that Il2 is already finished for them and we will not see anything new outside the mods.

No, they did say 4.09 will come just not when.

Il-2 is still "it" for me til SoW and RoF, I still have so much to try, and frankly have less time to play these days.

...and that's just with vanilla 4.08 and 4.09 beta. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chivas
09-17-2008, 09:34 AM
There will be no new work done on IL-2. They are all commited full time to the completion of BOB SOW. Their pay checks depend upon it. 409 will be completed when BOB is near completion and they can afford to spare people who have finished their assignments for the new sim.

IL-2 will live on and prosper in the interm.

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by -HH-Quazi:
Really curious as to what exactly we will see in the 4.09 final patch. It has been eighteen months since the release of the 4.09 beta. Seeing as what can be done by one person over at the AAA site, just wondering what could be taking so long.

They're not adding anything if thats what you're hoping. Oleg said he just does not have anyone to spare to work on finalizing what they already have. They are not doing a thing with it right now, hopefully when they have time to put someone on the project it won't take too long.

money_money
09-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Golden_Eagle_FM:
We got the message from Oleg that BOB will not be released before end 2009 if all goes well but could be even later.

Who is "We" and where did "We" get "the message"

links pls.

Urufu_Shinjiro
09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by money_money:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golden_Eagle_FM:

links pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was posted by Oleg on the banana forum. He did indeed say that the target, assuming nothing went wrong (and it always does), was 3rd or 4th quarter of 09.

LEXX_Luthor
09-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Late 2009? Maybe Oleg is doing some real sim advances and dropping the "online dogfight first" focus that dragged down this sim.

LEXX_Luthor
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Ufo::
It was posted by Oleg on the banana forum
I call it the <span class="ev_code_yellow">Yellow Wallpaper</span> forum. Looking at that 1C forum makes me think of the imprisoned wife in Charlotte Perkins Gilman's "Yellow Wallpaper" and crawling on the floor scratching wallpaper.

Golden_Eagle_FM
09-17-2008, 03:32 PM
If as you all say Oleg will not do anything more (beside closing 4.09)on Il2 then to my opinion he should disclose the source in a way that real modding can be done for those who want and have the capacity to improve the sim.
He has nothing to loose as the technology in it is becoming outdated.

Gold

DKoor
09-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Urufu_Shinjiro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by money_money:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Golden_Eagle_FM:

links pls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was posted by Oleg on the banana forum. He did indeed say that the target, assuming nothing went wrong (and it always does), was 3rd or 4th quarter of 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes some linkage would be perfecthttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif.

Xiolablu3
09-17-2008, 04:36 PM
I am pretty sure that Oleg is watching the whole mod scene carefully and wondering hard himself what to do about 4.09.

Hard questions :-

Is 4.09 to 'lock' the code again?

SHOULD 4.09m 'lock' the code again?

Are the mods actually turning out to be a good thing or are there many cheats just around the corner/already out there?

Basically should 4.09 embrace the mods or lock them out?

At this point in time it s a very tough question, and will be for a few months yet too.

He's possibly holding back and watching with interst to see if the code needs 'locking' again.

blairgowrie
09-17-2008, 04:47 PM
I think you may be right X3.

HayateAce
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Third.

IL2 has long been a BoB test bed.

WTE_Galway
09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
All I want from 4.09 final is that awesome winter Slovakia Map http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Otherwise I am happy as a pig in a poke with the beta.

Probably sux to be you if you are needing the dedicated server though. I sympathise with the online people.

BillyTheKid_22
09-17-2008, 05:32 PM
WOW!! Sure!!

Testus01
09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
See Oleg posts on 1C forum, like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
I know your situation is very resource driven to fall back to the final 4.09, though after seeing the Slovakia Winter map I am feeling very sad for that development team - what about the community 'chippimg in' for some overtime payment?

Oleg:
I din't say it is canceled isn't it?

----------------------------------------------
Or pictures at:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=49316#post49316
----------------------------------------------

That does not tell us when 4.09 & 4.09m (online version) are available...

hsj43
09-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Why dont they hire more workers 'GET HER DONE' http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif End of 09 that sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gifThay should release 4.09 NOW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

RED_BEAR8
09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Well i don't think oleg will do any thing more on IL2. He for sure is looking to do money and it is on the BoB SOW now i am happy because i could see that some guy is developed a Korean war game using SOW engine that would be nice.

Does any body of you have a link to the places where the mods for IL2 could be found. I know this is not good to put them here but could you send me those by PM.