PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Language Discovered Inside The Vault

Mikatsuki95
08-22-2011, 10:53 PM
(sorry if this is old news) I kept a save file of right when Desmond takes the apple and I'm glad I did. I took a look around the room after all the platform jumping was over with Juno. I tried to make out those markings but I came up short. But....you know that weird pedestal in the center you activated before taking the apple? well there are stairs you can take incase you fall during that platform thing. On those stairs are Sumerian images (numerals if I'm right) all along the sides of those stairs. There's also a few images along side them as well. They looked egyptian to me.

Now I don't what they mean but I think I can find out. If you got a save file in the vault you can see for yourself. If I can figure anything out I'll post it here.

EDIT:If you want to see it for yourself, start a new game. You'll be in the vault at the vatican. Don't exit the room. Look at the wall on the left of the door. It has the image I was talking about. (Note:there's more writing on the floor)

Lot of Sumerian stuff here

Poodle_of_Doom
08-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I've mentioned this before, and it's the same writing on the Papal staff....

Mikatsuki95
08-22-2011, 11:29 PM
No its not. Its something specific, not the markings. You have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Just start a new game and check where I posted and you'll see

Artemis88
08-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
No its not. Its something specific, not the markings. You have to see it to know what I'm talking about. Just start a new game and check where I posted and you'll see

Sorry if I'm being a complete moron here, but do you mean the same text that looks like it has been etched into the wall & can be seen in the room with the stairs, 2 large statues & eery blue glow?

Cercatrova
08-23-2011, 03:36 AM
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/Agent_4/Sacred%20Text/RodInscription.png
I am no linguist of any sort, but I spent a lot of time looking and comparing. I can not single out one language, but I would say it is almost certainly in the Proto-Sinaitic line, which really doesn't round things down much. It is difficult to say with certainty, but this text could be reversed and or inverted. I came up with some matches with Pheonician, Archaic Etruscan, Archaic Latin, Old Hebrew, Aramaic and Coptic. It could be any, or none of these. Most of these languages are very similar.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/Agent_4/Sacred%20Text/PanelInscription.png
Probable Akkadian, although it looks very sparse for your typical extant Akkadian inscription. Also, it should be noted these inscriptions repeat in the presented image. I know this one is rather small; I will try to get a larger capture in the near future.

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/Agent_4/Sacred%20Text/wallcarvings.png
I found this regarding the XP, partially cropped in this image:

The chi rho is one of the earliest Christian symbols. It consists of the first two letters of Christ in Greek (XP) superimposed on one another. It is depicted in a variety of ways, and sometimes combined with the alpha and omega and other Christian symbols.

As a symbol of royal authority, the crown usually signifies Christ
The Chalice with the inverted V, I am not sure, but notice the V is more of 2 seperate lines meeting, almost like the corner of an Abstergo logo. Also visible is some small text scratched in, looks to be repetative, but I have not really taken a close look at it.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Cercatrova:
I am no linguist of any sort, but I spent a lot of time looking and comparing. I can not single out one language, but I would say it is almost certainly in the Proto-Sinaitic line, which really doesn't round things down much. It is difficult to say with certainty, but this text could be reversed and or inverted. I came up with some matches with Pheonician, Archaic Etruscan, Archaic Latin, Old Hebrew, Aramaic and Coptic. It could be any, or none of these. Most of these languages are very similar.

Probable Akkadian, although it looks very sparse for your typical extant Akkadian inscription. Also, it should be noted these inscriptions repeat in the presented image. I know this one is rather small; I will try to get a larger capture in teh near future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The chi rho is one of the earliest Christian symbols. It consists of the first two letters of Christ in Greek (XP) superimposed on one another. It is depicted in a variety of ways, and sometimes combined with the alpha and omega and other Christian symbols.

The Chalice with the inverted V, I am not sure, but notice the V is more of 2 seperate lines meeting, almost liek the corner of an Abstergo logo. Also visible is some small text scratched in, looks to be repetative, but I have not really taken a close look at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The symbols on the staff appear to resemble Norse runes, though I must say it doesn't seem to be an exact match.

What you call Akkadian could really be almost any adaptation of Cuneiform I think, so I don't think we should jump to any conclusions as to which one it is.

The Chi Rho you found is quite interesting. Where exactly did you find it? I wouldn't mind taking a closer look myself.

Cercatrova
08-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cercatrova:

Probable Akkadian, although it looks very sparse for your typical extant Akkadian inscription. Also, it should be noted these inscriptions repeat in the presented image. I know this one is rather small; I will try to get a larger capture in teh near future.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The chi rho is one of the earliest Christian symbols. It consists of the first two letters of Christ in Greek (XP) superimposed on one another. It is depicted in a variety of ways, and sometimes combined with the alpha and omega and other Christian symbols.

The Chalice with the inverted V, I am not sure, but notice the V is more of 2 seperate lines meeting, almost liek the corner of an Abstergo logo. Also visible is some small text scratched in, looks to be repetative, but I have not really taken a close look at it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The symbols on the staff appear to resemble Norse runes, though I must say it doesn't seem to be an exact match.

What you call Akkadian could really be almost any adaptation of Cuneiform I think, so I don't think we should jump to any conclusions as to which one it is.

The Chi Rho you found is quite interesting. Where exactly did you find it? I wouldn't mind taking a closer look myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suggest you, and anyone interested in this type of discussion read an article like this: http://www.ancientscripts.com/cuneiform.html Akkadian cuneiform is not Sumerian Cuneiform, which is not Hittite Cuneiform.

The Chi Ro is on the walls soon as you climb outisde of thie pit to meet Mario, in the very beginning of Brotherhood, before you emerge into the Sistine Chapel.

LightRey
08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Cercatrova:
I suggest you, and anyone interested in this type of discussion read an article like this: http://www.ancientscripts.com/cuneiform.html Akkadian cuneiform is not Sumerian Cuneiform, which is not Hittite Cuneiform.

I know. However, there are many more cuneiform styles almost identical in style to Akkadian Cuneiform. I'm not saying it's Sumerian, because it clearly isn't, but there are many cuneiform scripts other than Akkadian that look very much like what we can see on the walls of the vaults.

rileypoole1234
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Alright let me see, I'm becoming an archaeologist so I should be able to figure this out... Well I just realized that I don't have the time right now to make a screenshot. But one thing I did notice is that a symbol for Christianity (the P with an X through the bottom.) is written on the walls of the Vault door. Legend has it that Constantine saw it in the sky before a battle and painted on his armies shields, and they fought extremely well. I'll do a screenshot very soon and see what I can figure from it.