PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed Bloodlines not working on my PSP-go

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Okay the game just come up on psn a few hours ago, i downloaded it and installed it etc, started it up, the logo in the bottom right spins for a second, then screen freezes and finally the psp looses power, Wondering if its affecting anyone else out there?

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 01:09 PM
you tried updating your firmware? as this can cause problems with some games, also by the fact the PSP is turning it's self off it sounds like it's crashing the console.

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Im on the most current one, as you have to have the latest firmware in order to access psn, Im in the UK if that makes any difference, using version 6.20

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
is there anyway to verify what you have downloaded on the go? (not sure as I have a standard) but from my experience the crash on PSP's generally happens when the software is damaged or has signing problems (could be caused by a bad download)

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Im in contact with someone else on the official psp forums whos also having the problem, redownloading is resulting in the same problem, Thinking its a possible firmware problem as 6.20 came out today also, well thats my thought any who.

MikePL1980
11-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Benjammin1110:
Im in contact with someone else on the official psp forums whos also having the problem, redownloading is resulting in the same problem, Thinking its a possible firmware problem as 6.20 came out today also, well thats my thought any who.

I'm having the same problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif has anybody got it working yet?

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Thinking its a fireware issue so either wait for sony to release a patch or Ubisoft to update the file on psn with one that works! Would love for an official comment to be honest!

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 04:54 PM
it wouldn't be the first time a firmware update has caused problems, but your only way to find out if it was the firmware is to find some1 with a go who has the game and the previous firmware.

since the go software is different to the standard PSP software, it is also possibly a Ubi problem as the UMD version has an optional install (that is offered when the game starts up) so it could be failing were they removed this as the lack of a UMD would remove the need for that option due to the internal memory in the go being faster than the UMD's.

MikePL1980
11-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm so starting to regret buying my PSP go.. First there are so few games on the PSN compared to UMD and now when a game is released i've been waiting for a while for it doesn't work! Very poor..

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by MikePL1980:
I'm so starting to regret buying my PSP go.. First there are so few games on the PSN compared to UMD and now when a game is released i've been waiting for a while for it doesn't work! Very poor..
really you should never buy anything when it first comes out but the lack of games is due to sony not forcing developers to release on PSN (even the new games don't need to be released for go it's entirely up to the developer)

tomtom45_511
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Okay the game just come up on psn a few hours ago, i downloaded it and installed it etc, started it up, the logo in the bottom right spins for a second, then screen freezes and finally the psp looses power, Wondering if its affecting anyone else out there?
im having the same problem mate im in the uk downloaded it instaled it starts up the assassins logo spins freezez and the console shuts off i have the same version as you have you spoke to the psn people yet?

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I think Sony's fees for putting content on the psn is the big put off, im still all for digital distribution, but the amount of money it costs developers when putting a demo up on psn is stupid, I dnt know if its the same with full games mind you, if it is then its something that needs to be changed so psp go is actually a success.

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by tomtom45_511:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjammin1110:
im having the same problem mate im in the uk downloaded it instaled it starts up the assassins logo spins freezez and the console shuts off i have the same version as you have you spoke to the psn people yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not spoken to the psn people yet, Ubi/Sony should be working on a fix i hope, got a fair few people on the psp fourums with the same problem, hoping its not gonna affect umds too if it does then itll be a flop of a launch!

tomtom45_511
11-19-2009, 05:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomtom45_511:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjammin1110:
im having the same problem mate im in the uk downloaded it instaled it starts up the assassins logo spins freezez and the console shuts off i have the same version as you have you spoke to the psn people yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not spoken to the psn people yet, Ubi/Sony should be working on a fix i hope, got a fair few people on the psp fourums with the same problem, hoping its not gonna affect umds too if it does then itll be a flop of a launch! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that would be rather dissapointing im picking upp AC2 tomorrow anyway i hope it works out for you m8t http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

caswallawn_2k7
11-19-2009, 05:17 PM
UMD version of the game works, like I said the crash sounds like it's around the time the UMD copy would ask if if you wanted the optional install to speed up load times.

as for the fee's for listing games on PSN it will be no different to the cut the game store would normally take for selling the game. the developers don't actually get a lot of the money from a game sales (may be different with Ubi as they don't need to pay a publisher) but generally the store, the disc manufacture, the publisher and taxes would come off before any money got back to the developers. I've heard in some cases the developers can get as little as 10% of the actual sale price.

deadlylemon1991
11-19-2009, 05:18 PM
i didnt like the idea of the psp-go causes 2 much hassle, most pple have a college or work near a game retailer anyway, but i hope bloodlines get fixed asap for u guys

Benjammin1110
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Surely the game would be tested on a psp go prior to release, thus making me think its more firmware related, but you could be right, ubi could have given sony the wrong file also I havnt heard any reports of this from America, it seems to be a Europe thing, thus the firmware issue seeming more likely, as assassins creed was out tuesday in America when there was no 6.20 and it was out here Thursday when we had to have the firmware! Any way hope the issue is recognised and someone makes a statement and its fixed by the weekend!

mattwillis30
11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
hey guys its not the firmware. i get the same problem on my psp 2000 running fw 6.10 as i do on my pspgo running 6.20. looks like ubisoft released a corrupt game to the store. just thought id let u all know

MikePL1980
11-19-2009, 06:06 PM
cheers matt..

I wonder how and when they will get round to fixing this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

kahuna390
11-20-2009, 10:36 AM
right i was just on the psp store and i noticed earlyer that ac bloodlines wasnt appearing on the menu of the latest section. just went on there found that the icon for ac bloodlines is back and when i click on it it says to buy it and that the memory is around 560. the one i bought last night wass 750 mb. i therefore think they have released a new product. instead of giving us a patch they have literally released the game again. im not sure yet whether downloading the game again now that the game has been re released but im sure they have scammed us here. on the store if you buy something the option to buy it again is taken away, all you do to re-download the game is go o your download history. in my download history there is the orginal product with 750mb whereas the latest section has only 560mb. im quite worried that they have scammed us here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Benjammin1110
11-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Sony are getting in contact with people, should be sorted by Monday so everyone who got the faulty version will get the newer one at no extra fee, if you dnt hear from them by monday, get incontact with support and they will help, thast what ive heard on the psp boards for europe.