PDA

View Full Version : No achievements for AC2 DLC? No thank you.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:07 AM
Really, Ubisoft? Why are there no achievements? I understand that the content was cut from the original game, but you're charging us for it, so why not pretty it up a little bit, instead of giving us an unfinished product, and then charging us to finish it? The only reason I haven't traded AC2 in yet was for the DLC, and if it doesn't have achievements, I'm not even going to bother. I'm also not going to support Ubisoft any more. When (if) Assassin's Creed 3 ever comes out, I'll be waiting to pick up a used copy, so Ubi doesn't get my money. Prince of Persia's DLC had achievements, so what's the big deal?

I'm posting this here because I couldn't find an email address to complain to (your site is atrocious), and I figured someone was likely to read it. I am going to hold onto my copy of AC2 just until I find out that you aren't putting achievements in the second DLC either, and then I'm trading it in, and wiping my hands clean of the whole mess. The biggest problem here is that I really wanted to play the DLC, but I'm not paying for content that was originally in the game and then taken out, especially if there aren't any achievements. The pricing is right. Not charging 10 bucks for an add-on is a step forward, but no achievements is 2 steps back.

You've lost a loyal customer, and you should be ashamed of yourselves. I can only think of one other game that has had expansion DLC without achievements, and that was Oblivion. Knights of the Nine didn't have achievements, but the other expansion, Shivering Isles, did. I bought Shivering Isles, but not Knights of the Nine. See how my purchase decisions are influenced? It isn't hard. All I wanted was 250 points (200 would have been okay, too), and you couldn't deliver. So next time, I won't deliver. My cash. To you. Good day.

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 10:10 AM
sorry but why does it matter if achievements are in the dlc or not. It doesnt effect the gameplay in anyway. What if no game had achievements at all. Would you just not play any game at all?

FoxMcKalen
01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
You realize achievements are utterly worthless, right?

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:17 AM
They have no value, but they aren't worthless. I use them as an indicator of my gaming progress. And the question about if a game had no achievements is ridiculous, because no Xbox game has no achievements.

I understand that not everybody goes after achievements, but I do, and they are a deciding factor in many of my purchases. If I finished (all the points) in a game, and DLC with achievements is released, I'll buy the DLC. In this case, I really wanted to play the DLC, but not without any achievements. You may feel differently, but that's your right.

kingbren08
01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
i know that i've been known to overreact and get angry but this may be the stupidest complaint i have ever heard. some of the complaints are reasonable like being dissapointed by graphics or AI but seriously the one thing that pushes you over the edge is the lack of a stupid little 'ting' noise.

i rest my case.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:20 AM
I realize I misread your question. As a matter of fact, I generally don't play games without achievements. I haven't touched my PS3 or my Wii in ages. Once in a while, I'll hook my N64 back up, but only for a romp down memory lane. There are a couple of games that I'll play that don't have achievements, but they're sentimental. Games I grew up with, like the old Lucasarts point and click games, or the even older Infocom text-based games. That being said, I wish those games had achievements too, but they don't.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by kingbren08:
i know that i've been known to overreact and get angry but this may be the stupidest complaint i have ever heard. some of the complaints are reasonable like being dissapointed by graphics or AI but seriously the one thing that pushes you over the edge is the lack of a stupid little 'ting' noise.

i rest my case.

So you think that I try to get all the achievements to hear the noise? That's moronic. I've had the noise turned off since day 2 of owning an Xbox (it got on my nerves). I do it for points, and for an indicator of my gaming progress. Also, I tend to not complain about graphics. Having grown up without graphics, I can appreciate them, even if they do have problems.

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
so if achievements had never been created you would never play games?

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by kingbren08:

i rest my case.

Also, you think I'm stupid for complaining about DLC not having achievements, but your sig lists your trophy progress. Trophies are just as useless. Even more useless, because they didn't have them from the start.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Tony6593:
so if achievements had never been created you would never play games?

What makes you assume that? I've been playing games for over 20 years. I got my first system (a ColecoVision - which I still have) when I was three. I'm 25 now. When I play games on other systems (again, not frequently at all), I play for enjoyment, same as I do on the Xbox. As stated before, I use them for indicators of progress, and to give me challenges (some achievements really make you work for them). In a lot of cases, they add replay value.

I realize that this might not have been the best place to post this, as I guess you guys don't really care about achievements, but I do, and I'm angry at Ubi, and I won't be supporting them any more.

You can continue to, but know that this is only the start. Once a game company starts ****ing its customers over, it's a slippery slope.

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
why don't you go back to playing them for enjoymeny instead of getting angry at the fact there isnt any in some dlc. Not all dlc has achievements.

FoxMcKalen
01-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I suppose they figured that most people cared for the game's content over achievements, which is probably true. Plus, you can make your own achievements of a sort. Just set challenges for yourself and go. The game may not make note of it, but does it really matter? Because, let's face it, most achievements are embarrassingly simple, and you can only achieve them once before you run out.

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. I'm just stating it as I see it.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
why don't you go back to playing them for enjoymeny instead of getting angry at the fact there isnt any in some dlc. Not all dlc has achievements.

Most DLC does, and ALL (with the exception of KotN and possible one or two others) expansions do. And if you had fully read my post, you'd see that I do play for enjoyment, but the achievements add another layer of enjoyment for me. Why don't YOU not tell people how to play games?

I didn't come to this forum looking to argue with people over the merits of achievements. I came to speak my mind to Ubisoft, not to you guys. You can continue to reply to this thread, but I'm not going to bother coming back. I've said what I came here to say, and staying here any longer will probably lead me to say something that I'll regret. With that, I leave you.

Legendia667
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
I agree with you 100%

Just don't expect anybody else on here to think the same way as you & I. See this site is for Ubisoft fanboys who think that the company can do no wrong (kinda the same as if you went to another game company's site *lets go with Rockstar for an easy example* & talk about how boring "The Lost & the Damned" is. What do you think the response would be?). If you really want to complain, just go to another site... which shouldn't be that hard to find seeing as almost every other site in the world is *******ing Ubisoft for cutting the content from the game just to charge for it later. I'm pretty sure that they are nore than "*******ing" them now that it has been established that there are no achievements/trophies in it. I mean if you are going to cut it out of the game (yeah... they didn't have the time to finish it.... talk about a bull**** story) then add incentive to purchase it or make the content (THAT WE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE) free.

GhinnReborn
01-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Dreamslayer03:
I agree with you 100%

Just don't expect anybody else on here to think the same way as you & I. See this site is for Ubisoft fanboys who think that the company can do no wrong (kinda the same as if you went to another game company's site *lets go with Rockstar for an easy example* & talk about how boring "The Lost & the Damned" is. What do you think the response would be?). If you really want to complain, just go to another site... which shouldn't be that hard to find seeing as almost every other site in the world is *******ing Ubisoft for cutting the content from the game just to charge for it later. I'm pretty sure that they are nore than "*******ing" them now that it has been established that there are no achievements/trophies in it. I mean if you are going to cut it out of the game (yeah... they didn't have the time to finish it.... talk about a bull**** story) then add incentive to purchase it or make the content (THAT WE SHOULD ALREADY HAVE) free.

Thank you. I'm glad somebody here has their head screwed on right. Most people don't understand that this is a company, and as customers, we have a right to expect certain things if a precedent has been set, which it has (in fact, it's been in place for 5 years or so). I only posted here because as I said in my first post, their website is atrocious, and they have no way to send an email to someone who isn't just a support person.

I just wanted to thank you, and now, I'm gone.

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 10:42 AM
lets just remember one important thing. ITS ONLY A GAME!

Legendia667
01-26-2010, 10:54 AM
lets just remember one important thing. ITS ONLY A GAME!

You are right... it is only a game...

An INCOMPLETE game that I shelled 60 of my hard earned dollars out for only to be charged 9 more dollars to complete. Whats next? Assassin's Creed III having the beginning & ending sequences of the game? Them charging $5 bucks for each of the other 12 sequences to finish it (all without achievements might I add)? If the game isn't complete then don't release it yet.... it is as simple as that.

Bottom line: Don't charge us for your **** ups Ubisoft & then not give us achievements for it.

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 10:56 AM
if they had delayed it then people would still complain. You can never win with some people

Legendia667
01-26-2010, 11:00 AM
if they had delayed it then people would still complain. You can never win with some people

I would much rather wait for a completed game than get charged full price for an incomplete one that I am going to have to pay more for to actually complete.

NuclearFuss
01-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I haven't touched my PS3 or my Wii in ages.

PS3's have trophies though and they're the same thing as achievements.

Wonderglue
01-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Achievements suck. The only reason why you are crying over them are because your friends can't see that you completed the DLC,so you can't show them how "awesome" you are.

So you think that I try to get all the achievements to hear the noise? That's moronic. I've had the noise turned off since day 2 of owning an Xbox (it got on my nerves). I do it for points, and for an indicator of my gaming progress. Also, I tend to not complain about graphics.Having grown up without graphics, I can appreciate them, even if they do have problems.

So you are saying that you grown up without High Graphics but you haven't grown without Achievements?

Since,Achievements are dated back to 2005,and that was only 5 years ago.

vI Demon Iv
01-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I see the fact that there's no achievements as proof they left this memory sequence and the next one out on purpose, to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us, with as little work as possible.
They looked at the finished game, said "Wait, these 2 sequences don't have any achievements tied to them. We can pull them from the full game, then release them as-is to the people for a price later on. This way we make more money and do less work."

First you announce a multiplayer version of AC, now you neglect achievements on the DLC... I think you should take a look at your projections for this fiscal year Ubisoft. You've already projected making MUCH less money, but I think you're going to make even less than you think if you keep making these idiotic decisions. Are you trying to bury your company?

Wonderglue: You're a PC gamer, you have no business posting, let alone flaming, in this thread. It obviously does NOT pertain to you.

I would much rather wait for a completed game than get charged full price for an incomplete one that I am going to have to pay more for to actually complete.
I fully agree.

Wonderglue
01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DemonI81:
I see the fact that there's no achievements as proof they left this memory sequence and the next one out on purpose, to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us, with as little work as possible.
They looked at the finished game, said "Wait, these 2 sequences don't have any achievements tied to them. We can pull them from the full game, then release them as-is to the people for a price later on. This way we make more money and do less work."

First you announce a multiplayer version of AC, now you neglect achievements on the DLC... I think you should take a look at your projections for this fiscal year Ubisoft. You've already projected making MUCH less money, but I think you're going to make even less than you think if you keep making these idiotic decisions. Are you trying to bury your company?

Wonderglue: You're a PC gamer, you have no business posting, let alone flaming, in this thread. It obviously does NOT pertain to you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreamslayer03:
I fully agree. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you joking? What about Steam/Games for Windows Live??? You better be joking.

vI Demon Iv
01-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Wonderglue:
Are you joking? What about Steam/Games for Windows Live??? You better be joking.
What's there to joke about? You don't have a steam or GFWL sig, you have an xfire sig. You don't support either. You're nothing but a troll looking to start a fight.
It's simple, you've been reported, and I will continue to report your trolling as long as you keep it up. I don't care if Ubi hasn't released the PC version yet, it does not give you the right to troll the forums.

Kranitoko
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I wanted achievements as they are fun to earn and it uses up more time and adds more enjoyment to the game. I'm an achievement hunter so I like my achievements. I think its stupid that Ubi has done such a stupid move.

BTOG46
01-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Calm down people or this thread is going to be closed, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but please don't think your opinion is somehow any more or less important than any other person's opinion.

@ DemonI81

Be careful when using the report button, as using it simply because you dislike/disagree with another member is abuse of the report button, and could lead you to be the one being the subject of moderation, and not the person you report.

vI Demon Iv
01-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BTOG46:
Calm down people or this thread is going to be closed, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but please don't think your opinion is somehow any more or less important than any other person's opinion.

@ DemonI81

Be careful when using the report button, as using it simply because you dislike/disagree with another member is abuse of the report button, and could lead you to be the one being the subject of moderation, and not the person you report.
By posting in a thread that is about the CONSOLE version of the game and the way he posted, he is clearly trolling. This is why I reported him.
Notice I did not report the CONSOLE gamers that think "achievements are stupid"? This has nothing to do with opinions, it has to do with someone that has no business posting in a thread flaming/trolling the thread.
Come on BTOG, I know we've had our problems, but you have to see what I'm saying.

Maybe separate forums for PC/Console would stop a lot of the problems on this forum. I know I've noticed that a lot of the fighting is cross platform.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will still buy the DLC, but Ubi will be losing all the sales from the completionists and achievement hunters.
I wont be buying because of what I said earlier: The lack of achievements proves, to me, they left this out of the retail on purpose. If they added achievements at least I'd feel my money was going towards some extra work.

EDIT2: A PC gamer's opinion about the CONSOLE version of a game IS less important than the console gamers' opinions. How they could be of equal importance is beyond me. Especially since Ubi always finds a way to give the PC guys DLC for free, while the console guys always have to pay.

II RedDwarf II
01-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Personally I like achievements also. I will still buy the DLC, as I think its very well priced, but am a bit disappointed that there are no achievements points.

Quite a few people on the Xbox scene purchase DLC on the sole purpose of maxing the achievement for the game. They may lose money on this.

That said, roll on the 28th http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Wonderglue
01-26-2010, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:

@ DemonI81

By posting in a thread that is about the CONSOLE version of the game and the way he posted, he is clearly trolling. This is why I reported him.
Notice I did not report the CONSOLE gamers that think "achievements are stupid"? This has nothing to do with opinions, it has to do with someone that has no business posting in a thread flaming/trolling the thread.
Come on BTOG, I know we've had our problems, but you have to see what I'm saying.

Maybe separate forums for PC/Console would stop a lot of the problems on this forum. I know I've noticed that a lot of the fighting is cross platform.

EDIT: I know a lot of people will still buy the DLC, but Ubi will be losing all the sales from the completionists and achievement hunters.
I wont be buying because of what I said earlier: The lack of achievements proves, to me, they left this out of the retail on purpose. If they added achievements at least I'd feel my money was going towards some extra work.

EDIT2: A PC gamer's opinion about the CONSOLE version of a game IS less important than the console gamers' opinions. How they could be of equal importance is beyond me. Especially since Ubi always finds a way to give the PC guys DLC for free, while the console guys always have to pay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh now i'm trolling,lol'd.

Go cry in a corner console fanboy. What makes you think i don't have a Console?

I have one,it's called Playstation 1,you know,it's still better than that crap called Xbox 360.

So please,explain how are achievements important in any way or another.
Oh wait... They aren't!

I can post my opinion in any thread possible,that doesn't mean it's a fact. But then again,you should learn what trolling is,and how is it done.

Achievements are worthless,good for nothing pile of junk.
If you like that pile of junk,fine by me. But games aren't based on achievements.
Achievements are just triggers,by earning them,you get nothing.

And i don't need to post my Steam/WL Account.
I have every right to post here about anything just like you and every other user here on this forum.

Just don't QQ about PC users getting the DLC for "Free" since we aren't. We are paying a full price for a 4 month old game with a stupid Online Protection for a Singeplayer.

We are the victims here.

Enjoy your report button,like it's gonna change anything lulz.

icrash
01-26-2010, 01:43 PM
EDIT2: A PC gamer's opinion about the CONSOLE version of a game IS less important than the console gamers' opinions. How they could be of equal importance is beyond me. Especially since Ubi always finds a way to give the PC guys DLC for free, while the console guys always have to pay.

I don't recall seeing anything about platform of choice until brought up by you. It's simply a difference of opinion on achievements. Wonder cares nothing for them & you do. It increases replay value & enjoyment for some. Others simply don't care about them. It is what it is; to each their own.

I do agree that is it a bit much to pull content out & sell it back, regardless if any achievements were there or not. What can I say, that's big business for you. UBI wouldn't delay the console versions to add achievements in for a "complete" version & miss Christmas; not considering that Christmas is one of the biggest money making times. I don't care for achievements but if the sequences were already done, why not add them in to draw in a bigger crowd even if it takes them a little longer to get the content out?

ljd184
01-26-2010, 01:49 PM
thats the only thing that i did't like the achievement where to easy you almost get them all by just completing the main story .
i think they should add achievement in the dlc just make 4 achievements (25 each)

ljd184
01-26-2010, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BTOG46:
C

@ DemonI81

EDIT2: A PC gamer's opinion about the CONSOLE version of a game IS less important than the console gamers' opinions. How they could be of equal importance is beyond me. Especially since Ubi always finds a way to give the PC guys DLC for free, while the console guys always have to pay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apparently Microsoft makes them put a price on the dlc or at lest thats what happen with valve

spazzoo1025
01-26-2010, 02:21 PM
People need to chill out, it's a game...and I'm sure Ubisoft doesn't really care about losing a few customers; they've screwed up before yet they still have a loyal enough fanbase to keep the company in the green.
And honestly, if you want achievements and you're willing to spend $10 to get them, go buy a use a game from Gamestop for $10. You'll get more than 250 gamerpoints and you might discover a great game you'd never tried before.

Dragonfire126
01-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Totally agree, but you should release the game when it's finished, and not keep adding content on-disc, like Gran Turismo 5. They have delayed the game again.

But yeah, alot of DLC is free, which adds some real value to the game, like a multiplayer map pack. But to charge us money for something that should be in the game is a bit ridiculous.

And am i the only one who thought it added some Animus effect when the sequences where corrupted? But then again, how can your DNA be corrupted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif?

mikeh1294
01-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Right, I may have missed this in the ranting in the thread, but could someone provide a link to a RELIABLE source that says there are no achievements/trophies?

vI Demon Iv
01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ljd184:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DemonI81:
C

@ DemonI81

apparently Microsoft makes them put a price on the dlc or at lest thats what happen with valve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To give the PC gamers DLC for free (which Ubi has done with every one of their PC games as far as I've been told by the PC community), they get companies to "sponsor" the DLC. Intel says "We sponsor Far Cry 2 DLC, so you get it for free".
Why can't Ubi do this with consoles, then give part of the "sponsorship" proceeds to MS and Sony?

Originally posted by icrash:
I don't recall seeing anything about platform of choice until brought up by you. It's simply a difference of opinion on achievements. Wonder cares nothing for them & you do. It increases replay value & enjoyment for some. Others simply don't care about them. It is what it is; to each their own.
So if I came into a discussion about the PC version of a game, where all the gamers were talking about something that they didn't like with the PC version, told them they were all stupid, crying, babies, etc... that would be fine? That wouldn't be trolling or flaming?
How would my opinion matter about a version of a game I don't have?
That's like saying I have the right to complain a Chevy Blazer, which I don't own, is slower than a Chevy Camero, which I do own.

You PC gamers and your arrogance make me sick. Ubi is the only company/forums that allow you to behave like this, flaming and trolling the console users on the forums.

Originally posted by mikini:
Right, I may have missed this in the ranting in the thread, but could someone provide a link to a RELIABLE source that says there are no achievements/trophies?
This is the best I can do:
http://www.xbox360achievements...ew-Achievements.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4245-This-Week-s-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Won-t-Have-New-Achievements.html)

Captain Tomatoz
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
i fail to understand why this thread is for only console users. Did it not occur to you people can have opinions on something that isnt something they have. Also you need to understand that the world doesn't revolve around you. Other peoples opinions are just as important as yours

Realjambo
01-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Can't play nicely - Topic closed.