PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

TH2TH1
03-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi Guys: I am new to this site. Prior to buying Pacific Fighters, I wanted to ask you all if it is a good fighter shooter type game.

I am not looking for any startegy type games, just me against them.

Also, does this work with a joystick or force feedback. I did not see that anywhere in the specs.

Thanks Tony Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Crash_Moses
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, Tony.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. PF is a flight sim with varying level of realism depending on what you're looking for.

If you're looking to play online there are quite a few servers on HyperLobby that range from full real (no outside views, complex engine management, etc.) to arcade type (unlimited ammo, no cockpit view, etc.)

If you're looking for just one on one type fights then the dogfight servers will probably suit you best. If you decide you want to dive in a little deeper you can check out the co-op and online campaign servers.

Your first stop should be some of the FAQ pages here on the forum. They will answer a lot of your questions right off the bat (and maybe a few you didn't know you had).

S! (salute)

CM

Capt._Tenneal
03-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Welcome !

For every dude who says "that's it I'm done with FB or BOB" we get a new guy like you to take their place and the world is right again. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Troll2k
03-29-2005, 11:10 AM
The Il2 series does support joysticks and force feedback.It also supports rudder pedals,throttle quadrants and other macro input devices.

VW-IceFire
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TH2TH1:
Hi Guys: I am new to this site. Prior to buying Pacific Fighters, I wanted to ask you all if it is a good fighter shooter type game.

I am not looking for any startegy type games, just me against them.

Also, does this work with a joystick or force feedback. I did not see that anywhere in the specs.

Thanks Tony Ft. Lauderdale, Fl <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hello!

Joystick is definately recommended. Its very hard to fly with just a keyboard.

This game is not a strategy game but there are strategy elements going on behind the scenes in dynamic campaigns. I think that'd probably suit you just fine. But otherwise, its just you in a cockpit and your wingmates and thats about it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

This is the best of the genre game. Its very realistic and you may spend a few hours getting used to the controls and how aircraft fly. But once you do, you're good as gold. The game also offers enough types of planes to find where your best skills are at.

Some guys are fighter aces. Some guys prefer to fly level bombers and use a bombsight to place a few thousand pounds of bombs on a ground target. Some guys are like me who prefer to fly low altitude tactical fighter sorties and shoot up ground targets with machine guns and rockets. You may be good at one, maybe all.

Get it for sure.

Also consider getting the Forgotten Battles Gold Pack. That will let you combine Pacific Fighters with the previous two releases to form one huge game. Most online servers run that version.

Maple_Tiger
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Welcome aboard m8.

Pacific Fighters is a WW2 aircombat flight simulation. It will take some time to learn how land lol, but it's fun.

kutyaxxon
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
i played with most of the new sims(and old ones too),and it looks the best all of them.the phisics modelling is outstanding.

HotelBushranger
03-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Yeam mate, this is really what you're lookin for.

Its got:
Stunning scenery/graphics
Awesome physics
MASSIVE range of planes, espcially if you get FB Gold (just did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)
Mulitplayer-Hyperlobby, great fun chat with lots of people
Good campaigns, PF ones are meagre though
Very good game support from Oleg and Co
Reasonable sounds
Varying options
Overall, incredibly fun, I can never get enough of this game.

Hope this helps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

pettera
03-30-2005, 03:07 AM
Welcome aboard.

Great value for money but you really need the IL2 Forgotten Battles (FB) with the Ace Expansion pack (AEP) to make the most out of it. They come in a gold pack in US I think.

Together these make a tremendously varied and exciting game. You will not be able to try every twist unless you devote a year or two.

The complexity of the game is quite scalable. Start on easy. Otherwise you might feel dicouraged.

Great to have you around.

Petter