PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Robes in Altair's time

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 08:15 AM
So in the ACR ign clip, we see Altair save a couple of assassins from danger. My question is why are Altair's robes so long? Everyone else wears short robes and I always thought Altair was wearing master robes, just with the equipment off because of his demotion in AC1. I'm not sure if Assassins who...well, go on assassination missions wear longer robes or the ones who act as guards wear shorter ones. We've never really seen another assassin out in the fields besides Altair. And if you go around Masyaf, he's the only one with these types of robes.

Lmao, just another thing from the AC series that's been bugging me.

Randy 355
09-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Interesting. Could they possibly be his father's old robes? Might just wear an older variant, or maybe a custom variant made by either him, or his father.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Croson-5:
Interesting. Could they possibly be his father's old robes? Might just wear an older variant, or maybe a custom variant made by either him, or his father.

Yeah, and it's not just the length, the belt, the little designs around the edges, how it's more white than the grey the others wear....

I like your ieda about him inheriting them from his father. Maybe Al-Mualim gave him some leeway?

Lol, you know the forum didn't tell me that someone replied? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif Not cool.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 09:18 AM
It's still a symbol of rank. He still outranked those guys even though he wasn't a master yet.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
It's still a symbol of rank. He still outranked those guys even though he wasn't a master yet.

Altair was 17 at the time, he was raised to the rank of master later on after he saved Al-Mualim according to some game dialogue as well as the books.

Weird that nobody else has his robes. If it was a matter of rank, then we'd see others wearing them.

RzaRecta357
09-27-2011, 10:29 AM
It's not a matter of rank. Else he would of lost it during the first game. No?

More like it's to distinguish the main character from the rest.

notafanboy
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Altair was 17 at the time, he was raised to the rank of master later on after he saved Al-Mualim according to some game dialogue as well as the books.

Weird that nobody else has his robes. If it was a matter of rank, then we'd see others wearing them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Malik in AC1 had the same robes as Altair, he was a master assassin too untill he lost his arm

BK-110
09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Actually Malik wears the same robes in the beginning of the first game, where he happens to be one rank beneath Alta´r, if I remember correctly.

ShaneO7K
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Probably just due to rank, the only time you see any other assassin wearing them in AC1 is Malik, when Altair is in Solomon's Temple with him and his brother.

ShaneO7K
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BK-110:
Actually Malik wears the same robes in the beginning of the first game, where he happens to be one rank beneath Alta´r, if I remember correctly.

They were the same rank until he lost him arm as far as I know.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
AHHHH, that's right, Malik did have those! Thanks for helping me clear that up guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Will_Lucky
09-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Doesn't Altair specifically say I am your superior in Skill and Rank?

AltairsFinger
09-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Altair did outrank Malik I think, well, till the debacle that cost Malik his arm. I think Altair was just the best of the best among the Assassins, and as such he had a different robe to signify that and presumably he had it from early in his life too as it was probably clear to all how skilled Altair was and how he would become, just as Al Mualim had a black robe to signify he was the leader of the Assassins Order.

Also, Al Mualim's reluctance to kill Altair for his blatant violations of the Creed in Solomon's temple pretty much would indicate he was the best the Assassin's had at the time. So I think with that said, it is pretty cool that Altair had his own special one of a kind sort of Robe. But, the flip side, it makes him easier to identify him.

Moultonborough
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Doesn't Altair specifically say I am your superior in Skill and Rank? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, he did. I was figured it to be just Altair being a jerk though. Just because Malik lost his arm does not mean he lost his rank as well. He was fighting at the end though we don't see much of it.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Doesn't Altair specifically say I am your superior in Skill and Rank? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he was talking to his Malik's little brother and saying that he had skills instead of fortune. He was basically showing off and he doesn't make mention of Malik's rank or skill.

Oh yeah, I forgot, lol, but Altair actually wasn't a master assassin until after he saved Al Mualim.

LightRey
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

No, he was talking to his Malik's little brother and saying that he had skills instead of fortune. He was basically showing off and he doesn't make mention of Malik's rank or skill.

Oh yeah, I forgot, lol, but Altair actually wasn't a master assassin until after he saved Al Mualim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, he directly says to Malik "I am your superior in both rank and ability", when they spot Robert and Alta´r figures he should kill him.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

Oh yeah, I forgot, lol, but Altair actually wasn't a master assassin until after he saved Al Mualim. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, he directly says to Malik "I am your superior in both rank and ability", when they spot Robert and Alta´r figures he should kill him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I'm thinking of the scene, thanks. Can you answer my other question about why Altair has master robes so early?

SupremeCaptain
09-27-2011, 11:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

No, he directly says to Malik "I am your superior in both rank and ability", when they spot Robert and Alta´r figures he should kill him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I'm thinking of the scene, thanks. Can you answer my other question about why Altair has master robes so early? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wanted to wear them, whilst the others chose shorter variants.

AltairsFinger
09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Oh, I'm thinking of the scene, thanks. Can you answer my other question about why Altair has master robes so early?

I think my reason is perhaps the main obvious one. Altair was just THAT good, and it showed clearly he was that good, so he had that masters robe because while he had the skills of a master, he didn't yet have the rank.

Also, Al Mualim didn't kill Altair when Altair poo pooed the Creeds rules in Jerusalem, because Altair was the best he had, and Al Mualim obviously felt no other Assassin had the capabilitiy to get the job done in killing off 9 leading Templars.

notafanboy
09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
well, al mualim said "you fit your father┤s shoes as if they┤ve been tailored to your feet" in the gamescom demo, so maybe it was his father┤s ?

LightRey
09-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Who said they're master robes? they're just the kind of robes an assassin got after reaching a certain rank. Since Malik also wore them, I'd say they aren't master robes, since he wasn't a master at the time.

HIBEE12
09-27-2011, 02:26 PM
aagghh, every time someone metions malik a pain grows inside me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif its ll because oliver bowden **SPOILERS** <span class="ev_code_WHITE">killed him off</span> **END OF SPOILERS** poor malik

Sarari
09-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Malik wears the same robes as him in Solomon's temple. Those robes are for higher ranks.

At least I think it is.

ShaneO7K
09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Who said they're master robes? they're just the kind of robes an assassin got after reaching a certain rank. Since Malik also wore them, I'd say they aren't master robes, since he wasn't a master at the time.

Very few must've been at the rank being that Altair and Malak are the only ones we see wearing the robes at this time.

The only other reason I can see why we rarely see any assassin wearing these robes could be that they are kept for the high ranking assassin's that go after high value targets, the assassin informants within the cities definetly don't look suited for well guarded targets and the assassin guards in Masyaf look too obvious. So possibly we don't see assassin's in these robes is because they are constantly out in missions.

CRUDFACE
09-27-2011, 03:13 PM
@Lightrey: I concidered them master assassin robes because of his rank and how rare they seem to be. But then again, the assassins in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood get your same robes yet they're only the rank of Assassino.

So higher rank means you get the longer robes, and then you'll be given the rank of master later on after you're given them? Okay, good enough.

Originally posted by HIBEE12:
aagghh, every time someone metions malik a pain grows inside me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif its ll because oliver bowden **SPOILERS** <span class="ev_code_WHITE">killed him off</span> **END OF SPOILERS** poor malik

DAMN YOU BOWDEN! I hope what he wrote isn't cannon. Especially concerning Altair after you know who messes up the order.

Animuses
09-27-2011, 05:08 PM
I hate The Secret Crusade with a fiery passion! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

LionHeart XXII
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
I always thought that he had those robes because the "class" of assassin he was. like the other assassins that were guards were like the soldier class. The assassin's that you used as informants during the first game were like scouts. And the the type that altair and malik were, were the ones that actually carried out assassination missions. That makes the most sense to me atleast. As for why you didn't really see anyone else wear these kind of robes,is like it was said above, they were always out on missions.

Calvarok
09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Sylynceshhh:
I always thought that he had those robes because the "class" of assassin he was. like the other assassins that were guards were like the soldier class. The assassin's that you used as informants during the first game were like scouts. And the the type that altair and malik were, were the ones that actually carried out assassination missions. That makes the most sense to me atleast. As for why you didn't really see anyone else wear these kind of robes,is like it was said above, they were always out on missions.

Exactly. Even Malik's brother wore Altair's robes, and he was a much lower rank than Malik. I think the greyish robes were soldiers, and then the black ones were scholars or the mentor Mentor.

ShaneO7K
09-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sylynceshhh:

Exactly. Even Malik's brother wore Altair's robes, and he was a much lower rank than Malik. I think the greyish robes were soldiers, and then the black ones were scholars or the mentor Mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kadar didn't wear Altairs robes, he wore the same robes as the Masyaf guards.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 09:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sylynceshhh:

Exactly. Even Malik's brother wore Altair's robes, and he was a much lower rank than Malik. I think the greyish robes were soldiers, and then the black ones were scholars or the mentor Mentor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kadar didn't wear Altairs robes, he wore the same robes as the Masyaf guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I always wondered why they sent two high ranked assassins alongside someone of lower rank. Maybe Kadar was about to get to the next rank?

Markie577
09-28-2011, 09:18 AM
In brotherhood I also send assassin's with lower ranks with high ranking assassin's. Perhaps al mualim wanted to lvl up malik's brother? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ShaneO7K
09-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Markie577:
In brotherhood I also send assassin's with lower ranks with high ranking assassin's. Perhaps al mualim wanted to lvl up malik's brother? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Yeah it was pretty good way of boosting their levels.... except for that time where 2 of my master assassins died in doing so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Markie577:

Yeah it was pretty good way of boosting their levels.... except for that time where 2 of my master assassins died in doing so http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lmao Markie577

Wow, where did you send them? I accidentally killed two of my master assassins because of a glitch in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

souNdwAve89
09-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Besides the robes indicating rank, the hidden blade gauntlet does as well. In the latest IGN videos, Altair's gauntlet is full plated while the other assassin's had maybe 1 or 2 plates.

dewgel
09-29-2011, 12:00 PM
My guess is that he has different robes because he is the main character and a distinguished look is needed? Altair was not like the other Assassin's.

AdmiralPerry
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Aside from Altair, Malik, and Al Mualim, I remember the informants had long robes too--much longer than Altair's. I'm wondering if they were, like, freshly recruited or something, because they don't even have weapons, and they're doing the things that Altair doesn't really want to do--collecting information about his target, which he calls (at least in the beginning) the work of novices.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Aside from Altair, Malik, and Al Mualim, I remember the informants had long robes too--much longer than Altair's. I'm wondering if they were, like, freshly recruited or something, because they don't even have weapons, and they're doing the things that Altair doesn't really want to do--collecting information about his target, which he calls (at least in the beginning) the work of novices.
Well they were under cover, so it's hard to say if their robes indicated anything other than that they were trying to look like regular citizens.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 04:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Well they were under cover, so it's hard to say if their robes indicated anything other than that they were trying to look like regular citizens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only things I know are...

They did kill people, but the thing is, I think they lived in the city, so they couldn't leave unless something bad happened to them, like when someone knew of their Assassin affiliation. They gathered info then made me work for it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

LightRey
10-01-2011, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
Well they were under cover, so it's hard to say if their robes indicated anything other than that they were trying to look like regular citizens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did kill people, but the thing is, I think they lived in the city, so they couldn't leave unless something bad happened to them, like when someone knew of their Assassin affiliation. They gathered info then made me work for it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, they only had temporary homes there. Most of them went back to Masyaf not long before the Robert Assassination.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 05:19 AM

They did kill people, but the thing is, I think they lived in the city, so they couldn't leave unless something bad happened to them, like when someone knew of their Assassin affiliation. They gathered info then made me work for it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, they only had temporary homes there. Most of them went back to Masyaf not long before the Robert Assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Read that from the books or from the game?

LightRey
10-01-2011, 05:52 AM

Actually, they only had temporary homes there. Most of them went back to Masyaf not long before the Robert Assassination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Read that from the books or from the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The game. At least one of the informants in Jerusalem said that he was about to return home to his family in Masyaf.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 06:23 AM

Really? Read that from the books or from the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The game. At least one of the informants in Jerusalem said that he was about to return home to his family in Masyaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now way, really? The guy I talked to said that his whole family was there with him at the city you were talking to him in. But your version makes more sense.

Abeonis
10-01-2011, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIBEE12:

DAMN YOU BOWDEN! I hope what he wrote isn't cannon. Especially concerning Altair after you know who messes up the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The book is canon, deal with it.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HIBEE12:

DAMN YOU BOWDEN! I hope what he wrote isn't cannon. Especially concerning Altair after you know who messes up the order. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The book is canon, deal with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every book? TBH, he does get stuff wrong sometimes and does things his own way as well. The author that is.

dxsxhxcx
10-01-2011, 07:54 AM
[SPOILERS - THE SECRET CRUSADE]

I liked the way they made Malik die in the book, it seemed something that Abbas and Swami were capable to do since they had guts to kill Altair' son...

I hope we are able to play the memory where Altair saved Malik from prison right before his death... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LightRey
10-01-2011, 09:16 AM

Only the parts that don't contradict the games, which gives it about the same status as fan-fiction.

CRUDFACE
10-01-2011, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Only the parts that don't contradict the games, which gives it about the same status as fan-fiction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what I'm thinking, because the books very clearly go against some things in the game.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
The book isn't canon, deal with it.
I fixed your typo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
I fixed your typo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The developers confirmed that they were canon.

So yea...

Animuses
10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
The developers don't give a flying crap about that book, so yeah...

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM
The developers don't give a flying crap about that book, so yeah...

Show me proof :P

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I fixed your typo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So yea... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only canon in the parts where it doesn't contradict the games, the same can be said for any random idea about AC really, since you can actually consider any random idea to be canon as long as it doesn't contradict the games.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:

So yea... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only canon in the parts where it doesn't contradict the games, the same can be said for any random idea about AC really, since you can actually consider any random idea to be canon as long as it doesn't contradict the games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The developers never said that any fanfiction was canon, but they have said that their official books ARE canon. We could just wait to see what the Encyclopedia confirms though, as there is much too much anger coming from my posts for my taste.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:12 AM
The book is the proof.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
The book is the proof. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol?

That's not proof, and the book was pretty solid on events anyway. The writing wasn't great, but all game novelizations are like that.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:17 AM
The developers never said that any fanfiction was canon, but they have said that their official books ARE canon. We could just wait to see what the Encyclopedia confirms though, as there is much too much anger coming from my posts for my taste.
You're missing the point. They only said that the parts of the books that don't contradict the games are canon, which means that, until they stop releasing AC games, any part of the books that doesn't contradict the games might be canon, but could still be contradicted by one of the upcoming games, the same can be said for fan fiction really.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:19 AM
You're missing the point. They only said that the parts of the books that don't contradict the games are canon, which means that, until they stop releasing AC games, any part of the books that doesn't contradict the games might be canon, but could still be contradicted by one of the upcoming games, the same can be said for fan fiction really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It actually can't, seeing as they never confirmed Fanfiction as canon.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:24 AM
You're missing the point. They only said that the parts of the books that don't contradict the games are canon, which means that, until they stop releasing AC games, any part of the books that doesn't contradict the games might be canon, but could still be contradicted by one of the upcoming games, the same can be said for fan fiction really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It actually can't, seeing as they never confirmed Fanfiction as canon. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They don't have to. Anything you think of that could've happened could be part of the story until it's contradicted.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:26 AM
They turned an insignificant character (Abbas) and made him pathetic. "Oh my daddy died and Altair told me about it. I'll hate him forever, rebel against the Assassins and act like a big ******."

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
They turned an insignificant character (Abbas) and made him pathetic. "Oh my daddy died and Altair told me about it. I'll hate him forever, rebel against the Assassins and act like a big ******."

It's actually a common character trope...

One of my best examples of this would be in the anime/manga Naruto, with Naruto being Altiar and Sasuke being Abbas.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:28 AM
You've got a point there. It's actually quite unrealistic for someone to overreact like that and then keep that attitude for the rest of his life.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:29 AM
You've got a point there. It's actually quite unrealistic for someone to overreact like that and then keep that attitude for the rest of his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still a common character trope.

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:32 AM
So much of the plot revolved around that annoying character. It is definitely what ruined the story.

While I was typing this, I missed my chance to give Leonardo a hug. He looked sad... now I feel bad. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

LightRey
10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
You've got a point there. It's actually quite unrealistic for someone to overreact like that and then keep that attitude for the rest of his life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still a common character trope. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know, but it's such a bad one. Sometimes I think writers should discuss the actions and decisions of their characters with psychologists to make sure they don't make them do things people like that just wouldn't do.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I like hugging Leo..

Will this cheer him up?
http://cloud.steampowered.com/...45CAFA895DCC213649B/ (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/559791921196861574/E6C405BE04C87A4CB0B0445CAFA895DCC213649B/)

Animuses
10-01-2011, 11:36 AM
He seemed happy when I returned to him with Codex pages.

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 11:40 AM
:P