PDA

View Full Version : La Volpe's identity(maybe,spoilers)

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 09:46 AM
I've often wondered, if it's possible, that La Volpe is actually Altair himself?

The reasons I ask are pretty straightforward:

1. Altair hints about possibly becoming "immortal", and La Volpe is said to be immortal.

2. It is said that La Volpe can "see through walls". I never believed that was literal, but perhaps it is a normal person's attempt to describe Eagle Vision?

So, I wonder if Altair and La Volpe are the same, and if he will appear in the 21st. century, to help Desmond?

magesupermaster
11-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Altair could never see through walls..
Anyway, La Volpe is a little bit thicker than Altair.

This is just nonsense..

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

This is just nonsense..
maybe, but he did say that seeing through walls could be eagle vision

JonnyQuickShot
11-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Technically, all true Assassin's should have Eagle Vision. And La Volpe is an Assassin....

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:

This is just nonsense..

Ummm....I said that the whole "seeing through walls" thing could have been a mortal's attempt to explain eagle vision. You know? Like if you had to explain an incredible, seemingly impossible vision quality, you might easily exaggerate the quality to where you could say the person could see through walls? Think a little bit.

Also, how do you know ALL assasins have Eagle Vision? What makes you think Paola, Teodora and Bartolomeo had Eagle Vision?

Furthermore, what does La Volpe being "a little bit thicker" than Altair have to do with anything? If the rumors are true, La Volpe is a 200 year old man pretending to be in his late fifties! OF COURSE he's put on some weight since he was running through the Holy Land in the twelfth century. Open your mind a little bit.

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 10:14 AM
I highly doubt Altair is La Volpe.

SupraCat
11-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

^ What you said.

Cornik22
Mmmmm... I always thought LaVolpe was Rosa in disguise, but who knows for sure?

F4H bandicoot
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

This is just nonsense..

Ummm....I said that the whole "seeing through walls" thing could have been a mortal's attempt to explain eagle vision. You know? Like if you had to explain an incredible, seemingly impossible vision quality, you might easily exaggerate the quality to where you could say the person could see through walls? Think a little bit.

Also, how do you know ALL assasins have Eagle Vision? What makes you think Paola, Teodora and Bartolomeo had Eagle Vision?

Furthermore, what does La Volpe being "a little bit thicker" than Altair have to do with anything? If the rumors are true, La Volpe is a 200 year old man pretending to be in his late fifties! OF COURSE he's put on some weight since he was running through the Holy Land in the twelfth century. Open your mind a little bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe they are not true descendants of the hybrids 'half human half gods'

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by bandicoot17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by magesupermaster:

This is just nonsense..

Furthermore, what does La Volpe being "a little bit thicker" than Altair have to do with anything? If the rumors are true, La Volpe is a 200 year old man pretending to be in his late fifties! OF COURSE he's put on some weight since he was running through the Holy Land in the twelfth century. Open your mind a little bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe they are not true descendants of the hybrids 'half human half gods' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! Only people of Altair's bloodline( Altair, Ezio, Desmond) seem to have Eagle Vision. So perhaps they are true, pure descendants of the human/First Civilization hybrids.

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Bump.

ninja_7_7
11-13-2010, 10:35 AM
Please dont bump threads.

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

Why?

Nick1021
11-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I actually agree with the OP.
Maybe Altair could never see through walls but c'mon after 200 years maybe he could have "leveled up" his eagle vision. And he is much more agile and is better at climbing then Ezio is.
This would be a giant M. Night Shymalan moment.

xsatanicjokerx
11-13-2010, 12:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

This is just nonsense..

maybe they are not true descendants of the hybrids 'half human half gods' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly! Only people of Altair's bloodline( Altair, Ezio, Desmond) seem to have Eagle Vision. So perhaps they are true, pure descendants of the human/First Civilization hybrids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Desmond only has eagle vision because of the bleeding effect

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Yep, but Ezio was just born with it naturally.

F4H bandicoot
11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bandicoot17:

This is just nonsense..

Exactly! Only people of Altair's bloodline( Altair, Ezio, Desmond) seem to have Eagle Vision. So perhaps they are true, pure descendants of the human/First Civilization hybrids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Desmond only has eagle vision because of the bleeding effect </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but was he?? if you dont know that you have something, then you can never use it. maybe he was to be told of his heritage and god like skills when he reached 18 at 'the farm' who knows?? (bar the devs)

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 09:13 PM
As absurd as it is I will not deny the OP's theory. It is extremely likely that La Volpe may be Altair and there is no proof to the contrary. On the other hand, just because there is no proof to the contrary does not make it true.

Skaevola
11-13-2010, 10:41 PM
I never thought of Eagle Vision as being like a superpower, I thought it was more of, like, a hyper-observance. Like, what Desmond actually learned from the Animus was to notice things that no one else really would, like the traces of fingerprints left on the keypad at Abstergo.

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:42 PM
I just gotta ask-WHY, in God's name, is the theory "absurd"? La Volpe is an assasin of mysterious origin, who is seemingly fitter than Ezio, despite being far older than him. And he's alleged to be immortal.

Now, in the AC universe, who is the ONLY OTHER PERSON whose name is connected with the notion of "immortality"? Altair.

This truly ain't difficult to comprehend, folks.

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
I never thought of Eagle Vision as being like a superpower, I thought it was more of, like, a hyper-observance. Like, what Desmond actually learned from the Animus was to notice things that no one else really would, like the traces of fingerprints left on the keypad at Abstergo.

Good enough theory, but keep in mind that no matter _how_ observant a person is, they would be hard pressed to notice someone's fingerprint on a regular surface. I believe Eagle Vision is a super power.

Also, who knows- if La Volpe truly IS Altair, then maybe during the 200 years between AC1 and AC2 his eagle vision "evolved" to allow him to see through solid buildings.

Then again, like I said earlier, it could be that someone attempting to describe Volpe's Eagle Vision, exagerrated the description a bit.

Like I said, it would be cool if Altair/La Volpe shows up in 2012 to help Desmond and Lucy.

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I just gotta ask-WHY, in God's name, is the theory "absurd"? La Volpe is an assasin of mysterious origin, who is seemingly fitter than Ezio, despite being far older than him. And he's alleged to be immortal.

Now, in the AC universe, who is the ONLY OTHER PERSON whose name is connected with the notion of "immortality"? Altair.

This truly ain't difficult to comprehend, folks. It's absurd because there is no proof of any kind to support it, not even a hint. This theory, to be frank, is one step above "picking at straws" as it is based on observations which have virtually nothing to do with the other

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 11:00 PM
There's no "proof" about alot of things in the AC universe!

Besides, the fact that La Volpe and Altair seem to be the only two people in the AC universe who are "immortal" might just mean something.

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 11:10 PM
Ah but there we have a major hole in your theory. We do not know if Altair used the Apple to research immortality, we do not know if the Apple found a way to be immortal, and we do not know if Altair, in his extremely old age, was capable of obtaining it. As for La Volpe, his immortality reminds me of the Thieves Guild Master in Oblivion. He isn't really immortal, he's just the latest in a long line of individuals who have taken up the mantle.

Theassassin4756
11-13-2010, 11:12 PM
lol..I think we have learned that almost ANYTHING is possible with the AC Universe.

AubreyWilborn
11-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Ah but there we have a major hole in your theory. We do not know if Altair used the Apple to research immortality, we do not know if the Apple found a way to be immortal, and we do not know if Altair, in his extremely old age, was capable of obtaining it. As for La Volpe, his immortality reminds me of the Thieves Guild Master in Oblivion. He isn't really immortal, he's just the latest in a long line of individuals who have taken up the mantle.

Hmmmm-I've never played Oblivion, so I'll have to take your word for that. It's just so interesting that La Volpe as a character is so mysterious....and yet well respected. It makes you wonder, and think.

Sparty2020
11-13-2010, 11:29 PM
If it makes you feel any better, this theory is more logical and well-thought out than 92% of the theories on these forums :P

Theassassin4756
11-13-2010, 11:33 PM
this^ lol

tyrce111
11-13-2010, 11:53 PM
The Gray Fox is the Oblivion thieves guild master...

La Volpe stands for Fox or Wolf dosnt it???

ESTER EGG???JK

E-Zekiel
11-14-2010, 04:39 AM
There's no "proof" about alot of things in the AC universe!

Besides, the fact that La Volpe and Altair seem to be the only two people in the AC universe who are "immortal" might just mean something.
It was never outright stated, but Altair's codex implied that he looked at it once before dying. The context to me implies he may well have achieved immortality.

Or he may well have just died, too. We don't really know.

Piflik
11-14-2010, 06:01 AM
La Volpe doesn't even remotely look like Altair/Ezio/Desmond...and the time between AC1 and 2 is more like 400 years, not 200...

Also...if La Volpe was Altair, wouldn't he at least have commented a little bit on Ezio wearing his armor and sword, completing his codex or using his apple?

It is not impossible that the theory is correct, but highly improbable...and if it turns out to be true in Brotherhood or later, at least to me it would look tacked on...

RobinJoo
11-14-2010, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
Ah but there we have a major hole in your theory. We do not know if Altair used the Apple to research immortality,

Actually, he did.. In the codex was writtin' that AltaÔr would look "just 1 more time" in the apple because he was old and ill...

So maybe he didn't want to die, so he could used the apple to be immortal, so he could help other assassins.. but.. that leaves a question for me.. how did he get in Italy? because AltaÔr lived in the middle east...?

Piflik
11-14-2010, 07:16 AM
One more thing...La Volpe has all is fingers...

Fuglegalskap
11-14-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Piflik:
One more thing...La Volpe has all is fingers...

good point

tijn1996
11-14-2010, 08:56 AM
I do think altair is still alive but i don't really think it's la volpe because he doesn't really have altair style of thinking he is much hapier then altair my theory is that he follows ezio from out of th pictur if he already is following ezio but this is possible
its just how far your imagination goes

AubreyWilborn
11-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Good point La Volpe's fingers, although we don't really get a good look at his hands.

As for La Volpe commenting on Ezio using his equipment-umm, why would he do that? If Altair is living as La Volpe he WOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT IT. Especially if he saw his great-great-grandchild using his gear to fight his enemies.

As for Altair getting to Italy from the Holy Land-that's easy. Italy was a huge center of trade, between Europe and the Middle East. It would have been simple for someone to catch a ship....

And finally-as for La Volpe not looking like Desmond or Ezio: keep in mind that we don't really know what Altair looked like. The animus just shows him looking like Desmond for reasons of resemblance. Same thing with Ezio-although Ezio has been given an Italian accent due to improvements in the Animus 2.0.

I'm not saying that Volpe truly is Altair, but..., it would add to La Volpe's awesomeness, right?

RobinJoo
11-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Good point La Volpe's fingers, although we don't really get a good look at his hands.

I'm not saying that Volpe truly is Altair, but..., it would add to La Volpe's awesomeness, right?

Aint gonna argue with that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

digitalkun
02-02-2013, 03:13 AM
I literally stumbled upon the thread. I find myself intrigued with the idea and can only conclude two things:

1. If Altair did use the apple and gained his immortality, then the apple itself changed his body: thicker body, more advanced Eagle Vision, restoring his ring finger, and changing his color eye

2. Altair died, left all his material possessions, and there is no mystery.

Iím going more for the second, because: if the first one happened, Altair stopped being Altair. He decided to leave everything behind, and lock once again the apple. To leave his armor behind, his hidden blade, his hood, and everything else, and so, he becomes La Volpe, opts to help the thieves, and began wielding a dagger.
Since old habits die hard, he opted for another, red hood (for you who are picky, is the color salmon?) and still be an assassin.
Even if it did happen, he would no longer be Altair, else he would have taken a more personal approach and taken the apple and slap Ezio in the back of his head for his lack ... I cannot even find the word, control and observance. Even if he is speaking to his enemy after dealing the fatal blow, one should never lower the guard as for said enemy to find the chance of striking back.
He wouldnít have just watched, he would have kept a closer eye on the apple and be able to prevent it from happening.
Sure, Altair as Volpe would just watch, but once the apple was found, he would ďresumeĒ his Altair persona, and take a more hands-on approach; the Apple is Altairís main priority, his main concern. If it was found, he would have kept a closer look.
Else, he is no longer Altair.
And if he is no longer Altair, what would be the joy in believing he was back?

itsamea-mario
02-02-2013, 03:21 AM
.....seriously?

And we saw Altair's corpse.

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 03:41 AM
I literally stumbled upon the thread. I find myself intrigued with the idea and can only conclude two things:

1. If Altair did use the apple and gained his immortality, then the apple itself changed his body: thicker body, more advanced Eagle Vision, restoring his ring finger, and changing his color eye

2. Altair died, left all his material possessions, and there is no mystery.

I’m going more for the second, because: if the first one happened, Altair stopped being Altair. He decided to leave everything behind, and lock once again the apple. To leave his armor behind, his hidden blade, his hood, and everything else, and so, he becomes La Volpe, opts to help the thieves, and began wielding a dagger.
Since old habits die hard, he opted for another, red hood (for you who are picky, is the color salmon?) and still be an assassin.
Even if it did happen, he would no longer be Altair, else he would have taken a more personal approach and taken the apple and slap Ezio in the back of his head for his lack ... I cannot even find the word, control and observance. Even if he is speaking to his enemy after dealing the fatal blow, one should never lower the guard as for said enemy to find the chance of striking back.
He wouldn’t have just watched, he would have kept a closer eye on the apple and be able to prevent it from happening.
Sure, Altair as Volpe would just watch, but once the apple was found, he would “resume” his Altair persona, and take a more hands-on approach; the Apple is Altair’s main priority, his main concern. If it was found, he would have kept a closer look.
Else, he is no longer Altair.
And if he is no longer Altair, what would be the joy in believing he was back?
What....a complete....bunch of HORSE****

TangentialShark
02-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Just because La Volpe has access to Eagle Vision it doesn't mean he is in any way related to Desmond and much less the legendary Altair himself. Although Eagle sense is a very rare gift it is possessed by thousands of individuals one of them being La Volpe in 15th-16th Italy/Rome. If your theory were true and Altair found immortality in one lifetime then why in the world weren't "The One's Who Came Before" able to find immortality in their extended thousands of years lifetime? In addition the precursor relic/key in Revelations showed Ezio Altair's final moments of life and those were spent sitting in the library of Masyaf. There are too many flaws in your theory to make them true.

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 06:38 AM
It seems like a very interesting theory but I never knew that La Volpe is immortal... Interesting how he could become one.

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 06:40 AM
It seems like a very interesting theory but I never knew that La Volpe is immortal... Interesting how he could become one.
Interesting how ?? D:

We saw Altair`s death D:

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 06:48 AM
Interesting how ?? D:

We saw Altair`s death D:

Not talking about Altair, I'm talking about La Volpe. How the hell can he be immortal and what's the point of this possibility?

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Not talking about Altair, I'm talking about La Volpe. How the hell can he be immortal and what's the point of this possibility?
Oh.......Sorry then xD

But Yes, If TWCB did not find a way to live forever, then why can someone like Volpe ?? It does not make any sense...

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Oh.......Sorry then xD

But Yes, If TWCB did not find a way to live forever, then why can someone like Volpe ?? It does not make any sense...

Exactly, my friend. That's what I was saying :D
It's not like he's a main protagonist that the game just wanted to put a reason for him to keep on coming back. If he found the means to be immortal then why didn't TWCB could find his history somehow and do as he did?

roostersrule2
02-02-2013, 07:04 AM
La Volpe's Immortal? How and why?

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 07:10 AM
La Volpe's Immortal? How and why?

They gave a possibility somewhere (I don't know where) and that's why me, Assassin_M and some others are wondering about the point of it. Why? how? why not Altair? why not Desmond? why not Ezio? why not any other more essential character?

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 07:17 AM
They gave a possibility somewhere (I don't know where) and that's why me, Assassin_M and some others are wondering about the point of it. Why? how? why not Altair? why not Desmond? why not Ezio? why not any other more essential character?
In the Database, Shaun mentions urban legends that circled around about a mythical fgure who was very similar to Volpe. Shaun deduces that it was indeed him as there exists NOTHING in the History books about an Individual nicknamed La Volpe. He was said to see through walls (Eagle vision ?), Appear in 2 places more than once (POE ?) and live forever(Impossible)

Nothing supports him being Immortal. Just Urban legends

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 07:24 AM
In the Database, Shaun mentions urban legends that circled around about a mythical fgure who was very similar to Volpe. Shaun deduces that it was indeed him as there exists NOTHING in the History books about an Individual nicknamed La Volpe. He was said to see through walls (Eagle vision ?), Appear in 2 places more than once (POE ?) and live forever(Impossible)

Nothing supports him being Immortal. Just Urban legends

I have the book, the Encyclopedia, though I honestly haven't read it entirely, I only read the parts I was REALLY curious and interested in but I sometimes read the Wikia of AC. They wrote that he has a pink/violet eyes? WTH? and POE are a perfect analogy for appearing in more than one place but we didn't know he had one. Immortality? it is impossible in our life and AC universe for sure although they did show him less aged in AC:B than ACII which can probably be explained by graphics and development rather than a story related change.

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I have the book, the Encyclopedia, though I honestly haven't read it entirely, I only read the parts I was REALLY curious and interested in but I sometimes read the Wikia of AC. They wrote that he has a pink/violet eyes? WTH? and POE are a perfect analogy for appearing in more than one place but we didn't know he had one. Immortality? it is impossible in our life and AC universe for sure although they did show him less aged in AC:B than ACII which can probably be explained by graphics and development rather than a story related change.
Nothing stating him having any of the PLAUSIBLE abilities mentioned above. but Immortality ?? That`s just out the window....

And you really should read the Encyclopedia, it`s pretty good. I wont say it gives any extra info, but the perspective is a good change

RinoTheBouncer
02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Nothing stating him having any of the PLAUSIBLE abilities mentioned above. but Immortality ?? That`s just out the window....

And you really should read the Encyclopedia, it`s pretty good. I wont say it gives any extra info, but the perspective is a good change

I'm doing so as we speak xD
I read Ezio, Desmond and Altairs' chapters as well as the First Civilization but I'm sure there's a lot more to know.. It's way of stating things is so good.

Assassin_M
02-02-2013, 07:33 AM
It's way of stating things is so good.
Yes that`s it:D

It gives a different experience. Like reading the Forsaken Novel, and hearing of Connor`s Actions through Haytham and his buddies. When they said "The Native boy with the same Necklace. he had the blades and Robes" "What Robes ?" "Of an Assassin" That was just badass to read:D

pacmanate
02-02-2013, 10:55 AM
AH so La Volpe is Altair!