PDA

View Full Version : Complete Edition DVD Box



Cold Meat Platter
04-19-2006, 07:28 PM
I've recently bought the Il-2 Complete collection : already had FB+AEP+PF but thought i'd stump up the readies to Oleg and co. for a nice easy to install DVD.
On the back it states "MORE THAN 200 FLYABLE AICRAFTS" (in big a-team capitals)
Not that it matters any great deal but just to confirm i'm not going mental, the plural of aircraft is just....aircraft is it not? no S?

bit of a howler for an aviation title(if you're a pedant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
Still an amazing package though. Hail to all at Maddox: 1C

Actually, I don't care if we're fighting the Bottle of Bratain as long as they keep making games but it's the sort of thing you might expect a publisher to notice..

SATAN_23rd
04-19-2006, 08:42 PM
The developers of LOMAC need to learn a lesson from Oleg and !C/maddox.

R988z
04-20-2006, 08:12 AM
its not uncommon for spelling errors to appear in this game, like the inflight messages, 'so and so has beed captured by the enemy force' http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

major_setback
04-21-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Cold Meat Platter:
I've recently bought the Il-2 Complete collection : already had FB+AEP+PF but thought i'd stump up the readies to Oleg and co. for a nice easy to install DVD.
On the back it states "MORE THAN 200 FLYABLE AICRAFTS" (in big a-team capitals)
Not that it matters any great deal but just to confirm i'm not going mental, the plural of aircraft is just....aircraft is it not? no S?

bit of a howler for an aviation title(if you're a pedant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)
Still an amazing package though. Hail to all at Maddox: 1C

Actually, I don't care if we're fighting the Bottle of Bratain as long as they keep making games but it's the sort of thing you might expect a publisher to notice..

I just bought it today. Mine doesn't say that on the back...maybe they changed it (?)....Or there may be different boxes. Mine was bought in Sweden.

Treetop64
04-21-2006, 06:18 PM
My ex-wife and I actually got into an argument once over the plural spelling of "aircraft" while I was preparing my resume. She continually, and vigorously insisted that it was spelled with an "s" at the end.

I calmly suggessted she look it up in the dictionary. Her reply:

"I don't have to look it up, because I know what I'm talking about! 'Aircraft' is singular, and 'aircrafts' is plural!! You actually majored in English in college?!"

A tiny, tiny example of why she is now an "ex-wife"...

Cold Meat Platter
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Hmm Major S maybe there are different boxes, i'm from Scotland and mine's got the Ubisoft UK address in Surrey on it.
Maybe i've got a "limited edition" box worth thousands in years to come.....

major_setback
04-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Cold Meat Platter:
Hmm Major S maybe there are different boxes, i'm from Scotland and mine's got the Ubisoft UK address in Surrey on it.
Maybe i've got a "limited edition" box worth thousands in years to come.....

I must be blind!
Yes, it does say that....in big lettters at the top of the box.
I've been trying to read the small-print and missed it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

Tully__
04-22-2006, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by major_setback:
I just bought it today. Mine doesn't say that on the back...maybe they changed it (?)....Or there may be different boxes. Mine was bought in Sweden.

AFAIK Ubi distrubite to their national representatives electronically and the discs we buy (and their boxes) are pressed/printed by the local agent or their subcontractors. I had another Ubi game that was distributed in Australia without the CD keys for the initial production run http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

major_setback
04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
strangely though, they don't credit the aircraft manufacturers on the box. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif