PDA

View Full Version : Aiming torpedoes?

Foehammer88
06-03-2005, 01:34 PM
I have seen quite a few posts telling us to hit specific areas of the ship.. now how can you aim a torpedo at those? (i have manual targeting off). Or am i just dumb and they talk about deck guns?

T.Rex
06-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Just unlock target and set crosshair over desired area. Don't forget to open tube before shot (better to open it before aiming).

S VIIC_41
06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
If you're not playing at a high realism level, once you get within 1000m of a ship and the shot's gyroangle is something like between 345 and 15 (basically, this means that you're perpendicular or "abeam" of the ship), in the recognition manual entry for the targetted ship, you can see and target all the different points of vulnerability such as the engine room or (my favourite) the fuel bunker.

Actually... ammo bunker would be my favourite but that's obviously not available on most ships. It makes the boat go up like a match http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KillerBotter
06-03-2005, 03:11 PM
The above works on Easy, Normal and Hard settings as well. You have to have near a 90 AOB and within 1000m and have a gyroangle near 0. But if you have a 90 AOB you'll probably have a 0 gyroangle. Then click ship in your Notepad. Next click one of the black boxes and it'll auto target it, and then you fire your torp, and no more fuel tank/ammo bunker/engine/keel/engine room.