PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about the XP and Loot...

x_maxpower204
06-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Was watching an interview Dan Hay did with AusGamers.com, and he was asked about XP.

Excerpt:
AusGamers: In terms of rewards, I saw that thereís an XP system. How is that going to work?

Dan: Iíd love to tell you. Iíd love to tell you! ... But I canít. But, letís talk about that for a couple of seconds. What did we show you? We showed you that you kill somebody, you get XP. We also showed that you can loot bodies and that you can find certain things. So what I canít tell you is what weíre doing, but what I can say is Ė imagine what weíre doing, and I bet itís exactly like that.

I'm not sure exactly what this means.

What do you think the XP earns? Does it unlock special moves or abilities?

Also, it appears the loot is randomized. In one version of the demo, the player loots an ivory sculpture and $25. In another version of the demo, that same victim yields a repair tool and $32.

Does the cash mean we are going to have gun stores again?
If so, does that mean a safehouse and weapon storage?
Are these loot items required to complete certain objectives/side missions? Or just more trinkets to sell?

killa_677
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
Well it seems we may have an inventory so perhaps the XP is for a RPG-like leveling system?

Sangine12
06-11-2011, 03:54 AM
What I think:

Far Cry 3: The RPG

There will be different Classes to spec in to and you can freely spend XP into any:

Sniper
Increases proficiency with long range weapons and sniper rifles, increases accuracy, reduces sway and longer 'hold breath' (if there is a system)...

Assault
Increases HP, boosts Medium-short range weapon damage, extra ammo...

Stealth
Increases your camoflague/hidden abilty, increases profiency with silenced weapons, gives you more ways to melee stealth kills, ability to add traps.

Explosives
Carry more explosives, increases explosive damage and radius etc...

Im way too hyped up http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

x_maxpower204
06-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Sangine12:
What I think:

Far Cry 3: The RPG

There will be different Classes to spec in to and you can freely spend XP into any:

Sniper
Increases proficiency with long range weapons and sniper rifles, increases accuracy, reduces sway and longer 'hold breath' (if there is a system)...

Assault
Increases HP, boosts Medium-short range weapon damage, extra ammo...

Stealth
Increases your camoflague/hidden abilty, increases profiency with silenced weapons, gives you more ways to melee stealth kills, ability to add traps.

Explosives
Carry more explosives, increases explosive damage and radius etc...

Good list. I just hope they don't mimic COD perks. This is Far Cry and we should get some unique abilities.

Wonder if we can use the $$ to buy assistance from mercs, or maybe bribe your way out of hostile situations...

x_maxpower204
06-11-2011, 09:03 PM
According to this Machinma interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT98BAUXpBM&feature=related), the video shows a skill point being earned just before Brody boards the helicopter (thanks to Igniter RC for the tip).

So that confirms what the reward is for XP.

killa_677
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by x_maxpower204:
According to this Machinma interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT98BAUXpBM&feature=related), the video shows a skill point being earned just before Brody boards the helicopter (thanks to Igniter RC for the tip).

So that confirms what the reward is for XP.

Yet the question still remains. A skill point for what?