PDA

View Full Version : Biggest bug in PF yet

pdog1
10-31-2004, 03:44 PM
Online tracks don't work.
They don't show up.
They load but stop at 100% and then nothing happens.
WTG UBI.

Amer82nd
10-31-2004, 04:17 PM
You are more than welcome to writwe code for your own game.

e5kimo
10-31-2004, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amer82nd:
You are more than welcome to writwe code for your own game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
your point being ?

TAGERT.
10-31-2004, 04:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Amer82nd:
You are more than welcome to writwe code for your own game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You know.. I reserve that kind of useless responce for guys who drone on and on about something that can not even be backed up.. But in this case I think your way of base telling pdog to write his own game.. He simply pointed out a bug.. And, though I dont agree it is the biggest bug in the world, he did it in a very decent way.

fluup
10-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Works here, man. I have PF standalone and I record all the MP sessions. Never had any trouble loading them.

RocketDog
10-31-2004, 04:26 PM
Online tracks work fine here. I can watch Mr Nakajima fly into that ship's mast over and over again if I want to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Is the problem with AEP tracks from before PF or in PF alone?

Regards,

RocketDog.

-HH- Beebop
10-31-2004, 04:38 PM
I read elsewhere on the forums that this may be a bug for those who have integrated PF into FB/AEP.
If so, I'm sure it will be addressed in the next patch.

Freycinet
10-31-2004, 06:15 PM
no prob here, and i have FB+AEP+PF

Menthol_moose
10-31-2004, 06:28 PM
I thought the biggest bug was able to stick your head out of a plane going at 500km/h ?

heywooood
10-31-2004, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by heywooood:
Well - it seems there are more than a few issues with PF...I do not have my copy yet so I cant totally relate but...

Some issues are not bugs but quirks of the game related to CEM or just interfacae stuff that is only new to newcomers.

Some are small issues that cropping up related to settings and config. of some users who may be trying to get more out of their systems than they realistically can get.

And some are bona fide buggs

It seems that all of this cascade of PF problems is stirring up the native communities' ire. People need to back up a little and remember to be patient with newcomers...myself included.

Remember...my Chargers kicked the stuffins' out of the Chokeland Faders today so all is Right with this world.

http://www.chargers.com/images/feature_item_images/Peelle_343x175.jpg

If the man says he cant replay tracks..suggest he take it to the bug reporting thread and post his Dx so it can be addressed by the right ppl. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

pdog1
10-31-2004, 07:24 PM
You are more than welcome to writwe code for your own game. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you on the ubi pay roll?
You ******.
Its not tracks from FB, its PF tracks recorded from mp coops don't play back

LuftKuhMist
10-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Amer82nd:
You are more than welcome to writwe code for your own game.

Fanboy.

Bearcat99
10-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Does the same thing for me too..... Hmmmmmmm..

Mezcal_Head
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
posted Sun October 31 2004 17:28
I thought the biggest bug was able to stick your head out of a plane going at 500km/h ?

NOT A BUG

You are probably just being a smart *** but, Oleg already stated that they dont spend time trying to fix all things that users do that are not realistic. i.e. folding wings in flight, opening canopy during highspeed flight, fireing the guns while folding wings etc..... if you report it as a bug you would recieve almost the same response.

weasel75
11-01-2004, 01:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pdog1:
Online tracks don't work.
They don't show up.
They load but stop at 100% and then nothing happens.
WTG UBI. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here, FB+AEP+PF, Dogfight-tracks work fine, but COOP do not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
And since most COOPs are flown under full-real it was always a lot of fun to review what was missed, what worked, and what not....

Future-
11-01-2004, 07:01 AM
I don't record myself, but I had a fellow pilot sending me a few recordings from a Coop we ran a few times... but I so far had no luck with the tracks:

they load up, stop at 100%, and do nothing

The loadiong screen stays, with the "100%" in the middle, and nothing happens.
Checked my system if PF had crashed, but to my surprise it was still shown as working normal - however, CPU usage was at full 100%; so even aborting the track loading didn't help, had to close PF from desktop.

I use FB/AEP/PF, btw.

S!

Wolkenbeisser
11-01-2004, 08:07 AM
FB/AEP/PF:

- MP-dogfight: *.ntrk works
- MP-coop: *.ntrk doesn't work

Oleg said the bug is known (and kind of intetion). There were problems with recording moving carriers etc. So it was kind of disableb for the release version of PF. Should be fixed in the (next?) patch.