PDA

View Full Version : Yak and La's bank?

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Why do these planes always want to bank left on me? no other plane will do this by itslef.

Beta tester for;
C&C Generals,Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,MAX 2, Defiance

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Why do these planes always want to bank left on me? no other plane will do this by itslef.

Beta tester for;
C&C Generals,Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,MAX 2, Defiance

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Engine torque. Interestingly though, the Yak needs left rudder trim and the LA needs right rudder trim on my game to straighten out at high speed. The props turn in different directions on your game, too, no?

Usually, I give 10-15 left rudder trim clicks for the Yaks and 10-15 right rudder clicks for the LAs upon takeoff. This gives a nice, straigh high-speed dive and I'll sometimes click the aileron trim a few times left for the LA, too. Yak is a bit twitchy in the roll and doesn't need a ton of aileron trim.

Your mileage may vary./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 01:37 AM
See, the thing is, I'm not that much inot playing the SIM aspect of the game as it requires to much time to learn and since I'm in my 2nd semester, I don't have much time. Guess I'll just skip those planes. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Beta tester for;

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 01:43 AM
Nothing major to learn, just remember a plane will want to bank opposite the way the prop is turning. That's really all you need to know. Hit that rudder trim in the direction the prop is turning and 10-15 clicks will straighten you out for any plane that's banking on you./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 02:24 AM
It takes about two minutes to learn how to trim a plane for level flight.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 02:45 AM
True, true, Buzz. And really getting down to it, about 5 minutes to learn CEM, too.

FYI one thing to remember, Merlin, is that with Automatic CEM, you'll never make the planes perform to their maximum potential. For that, you need manual CEM and it's as easy to learn as trimming.

It can be as simple as listening to the engine revs at different altitudes or watching the gauge or the smoke pouring out of your exhaust from all the unburned gas from too rich a mixture at high altitude./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

You'll know when to do what. I recommend grabbing a CEM guide for spare time reading and really see what these planes can do and increase your fun online or off. My .50.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:35 AM
also when you trim a plane, usually when moving the stick it returns to how the plane was trimmed. In rb the littlest trim of ailerons and rudder return to how they are centered on the stick

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 05:29 AM
So I take that TRIM is like centering? meaning, when i trim the aielrons(sp) so it doens't bank left anymore it's like if I would be holding the stick right all the time?

Beta tester for;

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Exactly.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:03 PM
ok cool, thx. But there seems to not be enough keys on my KB to assign all these diff things in IL2 FB /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Beta tester for;

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:09 PM
just turn gently, otherwise you get some wierd handling

-McTriggerhappy