PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed.. For Practice or Pleasure?

ROCwd
12-03-2010, 07:37 PM
This has probably been mentioned here before but here goes..

Lately I've been drawn to more and more stories about this alleged New World Order thing and watched events in the news recently and have been able to associate them with it. I wanted to know why this was happening as I never cared for any of the crap before and then it hit me.. ASSASSIN'S CREEED! Think about it, the game is based on a group of people seeking a New World Order (Templars) and a group of people trying the stop it (Assassin's). This makes you notice things outside the game that perhaps you wouldn't if you hadn't been up til 3am playing Assassin's Creed the night before. Then this got me thinking some more, is it possible the Templars from AC could be a symbol for a real life equivelant (i.e. these alleged NWO people) and someone somewhere is attempting to undo the brainwashing we are supposedly enduced to by them via the media, and open our eyes a little, in the form of Assassin's Creed? I'm not saying I believe thats the case, it was just a nice little daydream that I had the other day and it would be interesting to see if anyone else here had been thinking the same thing, think it's plausable or believe in that NWO crap at all?

EDIT: Talking about this has just reminded me of the "bleeding effect" in the game. I came across a thread here about how after playing the game, you begin to become more aware of distances and how you would scale buildings etc. could this be whats happening in terms of what I outlined above? and be in essence a real-life bleeding effect?

E-Zekiel
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
My eyes were already open. What this franchise helped me realize was that I was not the only one noticing these patterns.

ROCwd
12-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
My eyes were already open. What this franchise helped me realize was that I was not the only one noticing these patterns.

So you agree that it could be a tool "opening the eyes" of those who don't believe in that stuff?

X10J
12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I think New World Order is a bad name. But people pulling the strings from behind the curtans, to some extent yes.

Do I think that AC is a tool created to reveal said hands? leaning towards no. Is it functionning as such? obviously.

ROCwd
12-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Interesting. Let's hope if there is somebody pulling the strings, they don't stumble across this thread and shut down Assassin's Creed because they agree with me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

X10J
12-03-2010, 07:58 PM
That'd be too obvious. You hear that string pullers the only way we'll be convinced of your lack of existence is if Assassin's Creed never stops, ever, for any reason, at all, even after Desmond's story ends.

ROCwd
12-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
That'd be too obvious. You hear that string pullers the only way we'll be convinced of your lack of existence is if Assassin's Creed never stops, ever, for any reason, at all, even after Desmond's story ends.

Haha agreed, if it stops, we're taking you down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

X10J
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Exactly.

E-Zekiel
12-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by ROCwd:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by E-Zekiel:

So you agree that it could be a tool "opening the eyes" of those who don't believe in that stuff? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that there is a conspiracy behind the game. I think that, like many mediums of art (yes, a game can be a medium of art), the writers are sticking to a creed that holds truth outside of the game series - that nothing is true and everything is permitted.

I doubt there is an agenda or target in mind, but that they are simply saying to keep an open mind. Question things. Read between the lines. That sort of thing.

I think they have the right idea about capitalism though - that's pretty direct and accurate imo, lol.

matt.lemakos
12-03-2010, 11:27 PM
The only thing that wouldn't make sense is that if there is some kind of MWO conspiracy, than it would stand to reason that before AC came out and it was trying to "open our eyes" than they would have pulled the game off the market/killed the entire team.

Considering the idea of a MWO is a organization that has a hand in ever facet of the modern world including media and video games

LordWolv
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
The real life bleeding effect is quite interesting. Because definatly, after playing 3 games I'm so much more aware of my surroundings, even though some of Ezio's moves may be alittle impossible.

k0br4
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Interesting..

gamertam
12-04-2010, 11:29 PM
Absolutely, anyone who thinks differently is a fool, that's just my opinion. Now, please go see ENDGAME-an Alex Jones Film: Blueprint For Global Enslavement He explained quite nicely in the dvd i may add. There i've said it, just don't track me down and assassinate me that's all i'm asking.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif