PDA

View Full Version : Sapphire X850XT

MJDYKAS
04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if anybody else is running one of these puppies. I'm still looking for the best settings in the both the game setup and the CCC.
I'm still having some tweaking problems in PF, I haven't tried FBAEPPFm yet or good ole IL2. I've upgraded my PC zilla with a AMD 3800, 1 gig of Corsair XMS, X850xt and a Audigy 2 sound card. Running on Xp. Everything was pretty much just built with a clean install of XP Pro. I'm also using a samsung 915n syncmaster FP sreen.
I hope I can get this thing running right so I can finally enjoy the game !!!
Mike

MJDYKAS
04-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Just wondering if anybody else is running one of these puppies. I'm still looking for the best settings in the both the game setup and the CCC.
I'm still having some tweaking problems in PF, I haven't tried FBAEPPFm yet or good ole IL2. I've upgraded my PC zilla with a AMD 3800, 1 gig of Corsair XMS, X850xt and a Audigy 2 sound card. Running on Xp. Everything was pretty much just built with a clean install of XP Pro. I'm also using a samsung 915n syncmaster FP sreen.
I hope I can get this thing running right so I can finally enjoy the game !!!
Mike

Udidtoo
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Several of us have the Sapphire X800 XT PE but your the 1st 850 user I've heard yet. Will be intresting to see what sort of avg's you get. You will likely find much the same as we have. Several brand new "grapically intense" games like Half Life 2 and Far Cry & Doom 3 are limeted only by what reso you choose to play in while AEP/PF combined will still slow you down more than you might have imagined. Any of the original FB maps will scream on that system and you should, I say Should be able to play in 1600X1200 with 6 and 16 eye candy and still get frames in the high 50, lows 60's. Then just for fun get over a large amount of the goofy looking palm trees or even worse, the shallow greenish water and look from open water and back and watch the frames rise and fall.

On a positive note if you have a skin collection from before the site went down you are going to love those custom skins with everything maxed. Which reminds me...why am I taking about flying when I could be doing it?? later M8

madsarmy
04-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Hi MJDYKAS

I have been running that card for aabout a month now. I don't use CCC so I don't know what setting's are different from the standard control panel.
I run perfect offline & excellent online.
OpenGL 4x AA & 4x AF with vsync on.

My rig:
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
AMD 64 3500+
1Gig Corsair XMS3200 (dual)
ATI Sapphire X850XT (5.3driver)
Audigy2
ViewSonic VX912

Your best bet is to post your DXDiag in the community help forum. You will get some good advice over there.

PS. I flew a mission today in PF with 50 aircraft & the carriers etc opened up with the AA & it bought my rig to its knees. So don't expect miracles.

All the Best with the tweeking.