I have notice that when in a FW190D 75% feul

Alt 3000 diving to around 700kmh wanna pul up or go left or right

Bamb wing breakes of !!!

did it again same result

any news on this ?

i did it on wc server

Zen--
12-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Structural failures are modelled now for high speed manuevering. Use a light hand on the stick for changing directions at high speed, less risk of snapping the wings off. The D9 isn't the only plane that will lose its wings at those speeds.

S.taibanzai
12-10-2004, 12:20 AM
wel i think its a bug !!

because the FW series are built to operate at high speeds

didend now that fw can not manouver at high speed it was built that way to use high speed

if i am incorect please some one tel me that

otherwyse its a bug

thx

BBB_Hyperion
12-10-2004, 01:00 AM
Do you see the red marking on the speed indicator ever wondered what it is for .) White markings for stall speed .

Anyway this markings are set lower than really trouble range to give pilots the time to react early enough. Airframe Limits is for all Planes 15g that in itself is wrong cause each plane is different in construction .)

I heard of mustangs loosing wings at pullout but not fws that doesnt mean it couldnt be done if you try hard enough .) But Airframe stress is not feelable nor modeled correct you cant hear something is wrong or you cant see the wings bend etc.

We still have the no divelimit no deacceleration at higher speeds problem so this problems are a a result of this and we can only hope sometime they model it .)

faustnik
12-10-2004, 01:14 AM
Something might be wierd with you settings S.taibanzai, or maybe you had some damage. I just tested the Dora (75* fuel) in a dive to 800+kph (indicated) and a pullout to blackout, with no problem. I dove to 860 kph and pulled out fine be just letting up on the stick.

Hetzer_II
12-10-2004, 02:00 AM
For me this only happens when i trimm the elevator completely up like in the 109....

Dont do this and everything works fine here...

S.taibanzai
12-10-2004, 02:07 AM
can you try it again online please

ofline i cant seem to do it also

but online the wingbroked of

can some one test it please it was around 810kmh and it happens also at 750kmh

dont now wat is wrong

TheGozr
12-10-2004, 02:07 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=6841048052

Please need a review on that.. thx

VW-IceFire
12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S.taibanzai:
wel i think its a bug !!

because the FW series are built to operate at high speeds

didend now that fw can not manouver at high speed it was built that way to use high speed

if i am incorect please some one tel me that

otherwyse its a bug

thx <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't confuse operating at high speed with a maximum G pullout that would tear the wings off of any conventionally built plane.

The Mustang is by far the worst in this respect...its elevator has such high authority and it can achieve such power in a dive that it can easily break 15G's and take a wing or two off. The FW190's and the P-47's are next...although I've never snapped a wing off despite a 800 kph pullout. Just keep in mind that when the plane is buffeting...you've got to be careful on the controls.

S.taibanzai
12-10-2004, 09:56 AM
try it with Feul at 25%

faustnik
12-10-2004, 09:59 AM
OK, I'll try and test tonight online, I didn't think of that. I'll try both the Fw190D9 and the P-51D online and off and see if there is a difference.

Gwalker70
12-10-2004, 07:29 PM
acoording to many things I have read.. including scanned reports from Tank himself.. and other reports.. which if I can actually get motivated can scan and send to oleg (which I am sure is a waste of time).. the Dora/TA could reach on the verge of mach 1 in a high speed dive as long as it did not break the deck around 2000 meters or lower. of course if this was made to be in the game, EVERYBODY would be flying Doras and TA's in full cockpit servers .. hence Oleg knows this and will not give those planes thier true dives... thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

VW-IceFire
12-10-2004, 10:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gwalker70:
acoording to many things I have read.. including scanned reports from Tank himself.. and other reports.. which if I can actually get motivated can scan and send to oleg (which I am sure is a waste of time).. the Dora/TA could reach on the verge of mach 1 in a high speed dive as long as it did not break the deck around 2000 meters or lower. of course if this was made to be in the game, EVERYBODY would be flying Doras and TA's in full cockpit servers .. hence Oleg knows this and will not give those planes thier true dives... thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Spitfires, Thunderbolts, Mustangs, and other types also reached near Mach speeds (or broke up just at the threshold) in power dives. The 190 isn't a special case in this scenario...although its a good example.

Gwalker70
12-10-2004, 11:10 PM
TB yes.. umm spits even late war.. no f-ing way... P51 more so along with the TB.. but could not outdive Dora and TA specificly.. you must be smoking good stuff let me have some http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif seriously

Bremspropeller
12-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Well, in a stress-test, a 190 broke apart at 18g's. This is an incredible amount of stress.

NO pilot could pull 15g's - he was either preventd from doing this by excessive stick-forces or by black-outs (have in mind that there were no g-suits for the most planes).

I personally cannot imagine a human being pulling 15g's while flying an a/c without boosted control-surfaces (speaking of warbirds - aerobatic-planes are a different chapter).

p1ngu666
12-11-2004, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bremspropeller:
Well, in a stress-test, a 190 broke apart at 18g's. This is an incredible amount of stress.

NO pilot could pull 15g's - he was either preventd from doing this by excessive stick-forces or by black-outs (have in mind that there were no g-suits for the most planes).

I personally cannot imagine a human being pulling 15g's while flying an a/c without boosted control-surfaces (speaking of warbirds - aerobatic-planes are a different chapter). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

in fb, any time at all over 15g = snap. most things can take colosal loads for VERY short time. your skull could take 20,000 tons or something, for .1 of a second or something like that.

gwalker, spitfires rocked at highspeed dives, wings gave very little drag compaired to other wings (p51/p47) so at highspeeds, it was uber http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Bremspropeller
12-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Well, human bones burst at ~30g's.

Bogun
12-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Just tested Fw190D-9 (1945) in COOP.
Settings €" €œFull Real+No cockpit€, Crimean map.
I dove from 7500m with WEP.
I did not brake the plane, so TAS (in cockpit) speed reached €" 890km/h.
IAS speed (no-cockpit) €" 1040km/h.

LeadSpitter_
12-11-2004, 03:52 PM
It happens to all planes if you noticed not just the 190d.

Dont stick yank