PDA

View Full Version : *cough*

istyrr
11-14-2007, 09:57 PM
I was a big AC fan...until I realized that a version, which I believed (and was made to believe, until VERY shortly ago) would be out. Yes, the PC version. And now *gasp* they are telling us how long? (what, 1 year, half a year..sometime in 2008 IF it comes out in the US?) It's very annoying, and honestly, I'm not shelling out over $300 for a system to play ONE game, so at this point I'm not planning on buying AC when it comes out. Yes, I realize I'm "just one person" and I won't make a difference, but I just had to say this.
Ya'll have fun with AC, I won't be playing it, Ubi has let me down, along with a couple of my friends.
And yes, you're going to flame me, and no, I don't care. At this point, all I'm doing is telling Ubi and you guys what they did wrong here, and maybe, just MAYBE they will learn from it, and realize that they should release the PC version with everything else.
Mods-if your going to lock this, fine-just leave it up long enough for your Ubi rep/reader/or w/e to see this, and to know how PC gamers are feeling slighted here.
Have fun ya'll...
I won't be joining you.

Gypsy816
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, while I can see your point, I'm with everyone else who has household consoles and it sucks you won't be playing. It's a great game. Epic, even.

To each their own. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

cooldude6681
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM
To start off, I'm not going to flame you.
Second, did you consider that maybe they're taking a longer time with the PC version so it doesn't suck as much as SCDA or GRAW did on the PC?
Third, I bought a 360 just for one game: SCDA. Then I found that I can play all these other awesome games on my 360 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

robatubisoft
11-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I would imagine, amongst other things, that the control scheme for Assassin's Creed does not translate well to a mouse and keyboard, so they are having to re-do it entirely.

If my theory is correct, be glad they are taking the extra time rather then releasing the game with a horrid control port.

xionethic
11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by istyrr:
I was a big AC fan...until I realized that a version, which I believed (and was made to believe, until VERY shortly ago) would be out. Yes, the PC version. And now *gasp* they are telling us how long? (what, 1 year, half a year..sometime in 2008 IF it comes out in the US?) It's very annoying, and honestly, I'm not shelling out over $300 for a system to play ONE game, so at this point I'm not planning on buying AC when it comes out. Yes, I realize I'm "just one person" and I won't make a difference, but I just had to say this.
Ya'll have fun with AC, I won't be playing it, Ubi has let me down, along with a couple of my friends.
And yes, you're going to flame me, and no, I don't care. At this point, all I'm doing is telling Ubi and you guys what they did wrong here, and maybe, just MAYBE they will learn from it, and realize that they should release the PC version with everything else.
Mods-if your going to lock this, fine-just leave it up long enough for your Ubi rep/reader/or w/e to see this, and to know how PC gamers are feeling slighted here.
Have fun ya'll...
I won't be joining you.

meh, pc's were never built for games anyway.
------edit-----
most people don't have the leisure of upgrading their pc and rather have consoles, it's fact and i guess ppl haveto accept it.
------edit-----
are you suffering from depression? or just not optimistic?

Zikro
11-14-2007, 11:06 PM
You should buy a console. A lot more enjoyable than a PC. You don't have to worry about upgrades until the next console comes out. Overall, it's a lot cheaper than purchasing a PC and then new parts every 6 months to a year (if you want the latest, highest tech gaming PC). Also you get great game performance and cheap online play (instead of paying for each individual online game, you pay for all possible in one payment).

Faylinks
11-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by robatubisoft:
I would imagine, amongst other things, that the control scheme for Assassin's Creed does not translate well to a mouse and keyboard, so they are having to re-do it entirely.

If my theory is correct, be glad they are taking the extra time rather then releasing the game with a horrid control port.

or delaying the relice of the xbox/ps3 verstions

and they make more money off people buying the consul aswell.

Devine-Debris
11-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry, looks like my cup of care is empty >[_]

Seriously now,
Mate, complaining to us about this won't get you further. Ubisoft has their reasons to delay the Pc-version and you're going to have to respect that and wait just like we did. (only a little bit longer lol)

The way you say that you are: "Dissappointed and let down" is just Emo and won't get you the game.

You better buy that game when it comes out...

cooldude6681
11-14-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by xionethic:
meh, pc's were never built for games anyway. You've obviously never heard of Alienware http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

bokeef04
11-14-2007, 11:34 PM
I was a big AC fan...until I realized that a version, which I believed (and was made to believe, until VERY shortly ago) would be out. Yes, the PC version.

so your saying your not going to play it because you believed the pc version was going to be released the same day as the 360 and ps3 versions dispite it having a tbc 2008 tag on it the whole time, i dont think i have ever seen it listed as 2007 since they listed the console versions as nov 2007

xionethic
11-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xionethic:
meh, pc's were never built for games anyway. You've obviously never heard of Alienware http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can't compare pc's to console... they are totally different.

Faylinks
11-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by xionethic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude6681:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xionethic:
meh, pc's were never built for games anyway. You've obviously never heard of Alienware http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can't compare pc's to console... they are totally different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes you are right, i definatly prefer the controller/tv screen.

but there is a way where you can achieve both with a PC

bobbylucifer
11-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Faylinks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robatubisoft:

or delaying the relice of the xbox/ps3 verstions

and they make more money off people buying the consul aswell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually microsoft lose money on every 360 sold (so do sony on ps3's). this is normal for consoles and the companies make the money back from games, peripherals etc. Strangely nintendo are actually making money on every wii sold so thats +1 to them.

Bobzer77
11-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Zikro:
You should buy a console. A lot more enjoyable than a PC. You don't have to worry about upgrades until the next console comes out. Overall, it's a lot cheaper than purchasing a PC and then new parts every 6 months to a year (if you want the latest, highest tech gaming PC). Also you get great game performance and cheap online play (instead of paying for each individual online game, you pay for all possible in one payment).
Actually the average lifespan of a console is around 3 or 4 years, my previous pc lasted me around 5 or 6 with 200 euro worth of upgrading since. You were right when you said you need to upgrade it every six months but thats only if you want your pc to stay top of the range. An average xbox360 in Ireland Is 400 euro (Elite) that xbox will probrably last 5 years before you need to dish out 500 euro for the next one, a pc would last 5 or 6 years and then cost three hundred euro to upgrade again.
I apologise, this post is kind of long and confusing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Malmer_DK
11-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by robatubisoft:

The 360 controller should work just fine on his PC.
I recently completed PoP: Two Thrones, and the controller worked flawlessly, rumble and all.

Personally, I can see why people would prefer the PC version for better performance and resolution (it might cost you, but on consoles you are stuck with whatever performance).

Personally I'm getting it for my blu-ray player, the PS3, for two reasons.
1. It's HERE! NOW!
2. No PC Collector's.

I might get the PC version later, who knows =)

bobbylucifer
11-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Bobzer77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zikro:
Actually the average lifespan of a console is around 3 or 4 years, my previous pc lasted me around 5 or 6 with 200 euro worth of upgrading since. You were right when you said you need to upgrade it every six months but thats only if you want your pc to stay top of the range. An average xbox360 in Ireland Is 400 euro (Elite) that xbox will probrably last 5 years before you need to dish out 500 euro for the next one, a pc would last 5 or 6 years and then cost three hundred euro to upgrade again.
I apologise, this post is kind of long and confusing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is AC is likely gonna need a top-spec computer so with a quick google price search, a top end graphics card is gonna cost you around $400-500 (200-250). If you need a new processor then budget another 150-200 for a decent dual-core and then you've got the hassle of making sure you're motherboard will take all the new **** (you'll probably want a couple of gigs of ram aswell). Add to that the hassle of installing the components and downloading drivers for everything and you have the reason that I decided to just give up and buy a 360. I have nothing against using computers to run games and I'd love to be able to play AC with graphics improved over the console version but I just don't have the willpower - as far as games are concerned I'd rather have something that just works without the hassle (admittedly 360's aren't famed for never breaking lol)

avsrule247
11-15-2007, 05:03 AM
Have fun ya'll...
I won't be joining you.

Yes you will, you know you'll want to. You are just lying to yourself right now, but when the release approaches you will get the game.

Bobzer77
11-15-2007, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by bobbylucifer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bobzer77:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zikro:
I apologise, this post is kind of long and confusing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is AC is likely gonna need a top-spec computer so with a quick google price search, a top end graphics card is gonna cost you around $400-500 (200-250). If you need a new processor then budget another 150-200 for a decent dual-core and then you've got the hassle of making sure you're motherboard will take all the new **** (you'll probably want a couple of gigs of ram aswell). Add to that the hassle of installing the components and downloading drivers for everything and you have the reason that I decided to just give up and buy a 360. I have nothing against using computers to run games and I'd love to be able to play AC with graphics improved over the console version but I just don't have the willpower - as far as games are concerned I'd rather have something that just works without the hassle (admittedly 360's aren't famed for never breaking lol) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That PC would last you a very, very long time.

bobbylucifer
11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
for normal use, but in a couple of years you'd want to upgrade it if you wanted it to remain top-spec

MiniAssasin
11-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Have fun ya'll...
I won't be joining you.

um this was found out months and months ago. not our problem ya didnt follow the updates

jonavoly
11-15-2007, 06:43 AM
um.. tc... how long have you known this game exists? Really... because no-one ever said it was comming out now (on pc)... So this entire topic has been dedicated to someone who just can't read...

great.....