PDA

View Full Version : a few questions for oleg



XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 11:40 AM
1. Are luftwaffe and non vvs allied AC goingto be continualy undermodeled compared to their VVs counterparts?

2. Are VVS planes eg:la7 which now turns at a ridiculous 15 secs going to be brought into line with reality?

3. Will VVS planes ever get a realistic damage model or have a damage model of a t34 which they now have.

4. Does everyone have to be a fan of VVS planes to enjoy FB?

5. Could people that shell out their hard earned cash on FB have the chance to fly a fairly historicaly acurate representation of their favourite plane regardless of their nationality?

I cant beleive i just wrote this but it now seems to me that nothing is ever gonna change with FB so we might aswell just accept it.....



Message Edited on 09/11/03 10:35PM by johno__UK

Message Edited on 09/11/0310:37PM by johno__UK

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 11:40 AM
1. Are luftwaffe and non vvs allied AC goingto be continualy undermodeled compared to their VVs counterparts?

2. Are VVS planes eg:la7 which now turns at a ridiculous 15 secs going to be brought into line with reality?

3. Will VVS planes ever get a realistic damage model or have a damage model of a t34 which they now have.

4. Does everyone have to be a fan of VVS planes to enjoy FB?

5. Could people that shell out their hard earned cash on FB have the chance to fly a fairly historicaly acurate representation of their favourite plane regardless of their nationality?

I cant beleive i just wrote this but it now seems to me that nothing is ever gonna change with FB so we might aswell just accept it.....



Message Edited on 09/11/03 10:35PM by johno__UK

Message Edited on 09/11/0310:37PM by johno__UK

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Good questions but i think that people here are not ready to have serious discussion of those important issues.

Maybe things in future are not going to be like in 1.1 final.. who knows.

I solved my frustration by trying other sims. Now i play 3 sims and one of them is jet sim. I'm flying FB only once or twice during two weeks and i recommend same for others who are thinking those questions.

Just try to find other sims too and you'll see that flying is fun again and no need to talk BS herehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


Regards:

Sami


Ps. allways use constant 110% power and 100% prop pitch during hole flight. Remember to lower gears when landing. Don't mess your head with complex knobs and buttons, they are not neededhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hllv21/bwstart.ntrk

(track is recorded in 1.1b)

WW2 pilots allways landed with 110% power.

Source: My career in soviet air force, Glen Danzig ISBN 66-666-666666







Message Edited on 09/06/0311:25AM by LLv26_Sami

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Dont expect any kind of objective discussion on these forums - if your not in the "I lurve Oleg " club then every comment is heresy.
Aspects of this game which are blindingly obvious to non "propellor heads" are completely lost on the "more than 500 posts" sado's.
Everyone can see that with every patch the russian aircraft are enhanced or the allied axis aircraft are crippled.
I read the condensed question & answers from this forum on the mudmovers site - Olegs response to any critiscm was a bad tempered rebuttal, but when pressed with facts he grudgingly gave ground admitting that his data was a compromise.
I admire Olegs work but this sim is FAR from realistic.
Dont forget that Oleg.


Tedious unoriginal wooly philoshophical statement the pith of which is lost in repetition.

Tedious unoriginal wooly philoshophical statement the pith of which is lost in repetition.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 06:52 PM
I too have to concure with the above. I've noticed how early model WS planes 1942 and below have slowly and silently crept up in thier performance and DM stature.

I used to have respect for those in a P-39 who scored a kill.

Us who prefered to fly LW had kick bite slash in the pit with Oleg to try and get LW planes modeled correctly.
Take note with the over whelming evidence on the 190 **** pit issue were still told to bite the bone.

It did'nt matter that documented statements from WWII pilots said about certain LW aircraft. It all has to come from what Russian sources say.

Good luck with the P-47 guys.

It gets to the point that arguing FM's for the LW side is fruitless also with the possibility of being penalized.

Good sim Oleg,but there are issues.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 06:58 PM
Yep,you guys are absolutely right. It's clearly a conspiracy perpetuated by Oleg to make the Germans look bad. I bet he cackles in glee when he reads post like this from his dark,dank cave-hideout. You guys should get up and do something about it. You might accomplish something before the Feds(secretly controlled by Oleg)get on your tail. Now hurry! Go!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif














47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Who mentioned anything about conspiracy? both german and ALLIED aircraft!
bet you've got more than 500 posts.

Tedious unoriginal wooly philoshophical statement the pith of which is lost in repetition.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Well said flapbuster

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 12:24 AM
WEll.. you are partly right, but fortunalety due to the patches, things have chanced quite a bit from FB 1.0.. Now it is possible to defeat yaks and Lags with only 1 shot (MK108), which used to be impossible.. also 109 is not a paper plane anymore.. And Ratas can be killed now too..

Basicly FB1.0 was VVS domination, they had better planes on every era.. all they had to do is fly forward and turn burn everyone.. now after the patches it is now that easy anymore. 109s can dive away from most VVS-planes.. used to be impossible in FB 1.0..

So it is getting better and better.. by 1.2, we should have ultimately best Simulation /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif It just took a lot of time to get there.. 7 months of patch waiting.. but IMHO it was worth it. Still there are some minor issues, but fortunalety they are very minor indeed..

____________________________________



Official Sig:



<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:09 AM
flapbuster wrote:
- Who mentioned anything about conspiracy? both german
- and ALLIED aircraft!
- bet you've got more than 500 posts


So what are you saying,both German AND Allied aircraft are undermodelled? No one mentioned any thing about Allied aircraft in the posts before. The previous posts said Germans are undermodelled and VVS,overmodelled. You're a Luftwhiner who DOESN'T think it's a conspiracy by Oleg to undermodel the German planes? You think it's an honest mistake? That's new. Most Luftwhiners feel Oleg does this on purpose. And your faulting me on my post count?! Hehe...I've heard of discriminating against newbies,but discriminated against seniority? That's also new....if this is true,I wouldn't run into BuzzU if I were you. He's been here 10x longer than I have. Many here don't like egotistical,arrogant newbies. I'm just nice.../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:39 AM
Vipez- wrote:
- Basicly FB1.0 was VVS domination, they had better
- planes on every era.. all they had to do is fly
- forward and turn burn everyone.. now after the
- patches it is now that easy anymore. 109s can dive
- away from most VVS-planes.. used to be impossible in
- FB 1.0..

Ok, this is very odd. The exact opposite has been my experience. Sure, the guns may have improved, and the planes may have gotten tougher (don't know about that, rarely got shot in 1.0), but, nothing could touch me in a 109 so long as I was managing my E. They actually zoomed and climbed like they were supposed to. Even the G-6 early. I'd take that sometimes when I was feeling cocky and still do basically just as well.

Not so anymore.

Only thing that has improved from 1.0 is the P-47, and even then not consistently, and not nearly enough to be accurate.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 08:42 AM
necrobaron wrote:

Blah...Blah...Many here don't like egotistical,arrogant
- newbies. I'm just nice

Your just thick! Why dont you read what I wrote, read it slowly so that it can penetrate your thick skull instead of indulging your own preconceptions.
If the flight models are correct as Comrade Maddox insisted why the hell does he keep changing them?


Tedious unoriginal wooly philoshophical statement the pith of which is lost in repetition.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:43 PM
Seriously guys, give him a break, blame it on UBI

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>On your six 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.<center>
<center>Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW<center>
http://proudbirdswing.tripod.com/proudbirds.htm

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center><marquee><FONT COLOR="RED"><FONT SIZE="+1">"The ProudBirds..Flying High and Proud..~S~"<FONT SIZE> </marquee>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:36 PM
flapbuster wrote:

- If the flight models are correct as Comrade Maddox
- insisted why the hell does he keep changing them?
-
-
-


Oleg is a 109 pilot. I wondr why he would undermodel his favorite planes?

http://www.uploadit.org/files/010903-nedChristie.jpg

Tsalagi Asgaya Equa!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
johno__UK wrote:
-
- 1. Are luftwaffe AC goingto be continualy
- undermodeled compared to their VVs counterparts?
-
- 2. Are VVS planes eg:la7 which now turns at a
- ridiculous 15 secs going to be brought into line
- with reality?
-
- 3. Will VVS planes ever get a realistic damage model
- or have a damage model of a t34 which they now have.
-
- 4. Does everyone have to be a fan of VVS planes to
- enjoy FB?
-
- 5. Could people that shell out their hard earned
- cash on FB have the chance to fly a fairly
- historicaly acurate representation of their
- favourite plane regardless of their nationality?
-
- I cant beleive i just wrote this but it now seems to
- me that nothing is ever gonna change with FB so we
- might aswell just accept it.....
-
-

Does everyone have to know what a crap pilot you are, or were you just bored?



=38=OIAE

47|FC=-

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:52 PM
flapbuster wrote:
- necrobaron wrote:
-
- Blah...Blah...Many here don't like
- egotistical,arrogant
-- newbies. I'm just nice
-
- Your just thick! Why dont you read what I wrote,
- read it slowly so that it can penetrate your thick
- skull instead of indulging your own preconceptions.
- If the flight models are correct as Comrade Maddox
- insisted why the hell does he keep changing them?



Now,"flapbuster",there's no need to get your panties in a twist...I AM nice..no really...You said "allied axis" aircraft. No "and" or "," between "allied" and "axis". I took that to mean that you meant literally allied to the axis,like Romanian and Italian planes,etc. Perhaps YOU should read the rest of MY post. Did I once disagree with you?

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Heart_C wrote:

- Does everyone have to know what a crap pilot you
- are, or were you just bored?


Your inteligence astounds me, guess it took you a while to think of that one. Are you saying that the FM's are ok or are you just a VVS jock who cant stand a bit of competition?.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:26 PM
tsisqua wrote:
- Oleg is a 109 pilot. I wondr why he would undermodel
- his favorite planes?

PR. It worked. Look at what you posted. lol

A better question is, I wonder why he changes them so constantly, getting them close to perfect in initial releases and then slowly chipping away at them with each patch.

Has he really gotten any new information from IL2 1.0 to FB 1.11? Could it possibly have been anything that would result in such drastic changes?

What is the process of FM approval/release. Looks like they get it so it moves around and ship the product. Pretty poor QA, or research, or physics engine, or some combination of the above is what is going on here.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 01:15 AM
johno__UK wrote:
- Heart_C wrote:
-
-- Does everyone have to know what a crap pilot you
-- are, or were you just bored?
-
-
- Your inteligence astounds me, guess it took you a
- while to think of that one. Are you saying that the
- FM's are ok or are you just a VVS jock who cant
- stand a bit of competition?.
-
-
-

Well, either I'm a superb pilot, because I never had any problem with beating the crap out of VVS planes when I flew LW, no matter what IL-2/FB version, or you are just full of crap. Cause I saw plenty of other LW jocks who did and do the same, I guess it's the latter option and you need to learn how to fly, dweeb.

=38=OIAE

47|FC=-

Message Edited on 09/11/0312:16AM by Heart_C

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 09:22 AM
-- Heart_C wrote:

- Well, either I'm a superb pilot, because I never had
- any problem with beating the crap out of VVS planes
- when I flew LW, no matter what IL-2/FB version, or
- you are just full of crap. Cause I saw plenty of
- other LW jocks who did and do the same, I guess it's
- the latter option and you need to learn how to fly,
- dweeb.


You and others may have not had a problem with beating the crap out of VVS planes regardless of FB version but does that mean the FM's shouldn't be changed if they are wrong? Just because you like them as is or because they can be flown succesfuly dosn't mean that they are correct.

Also ive been flying this game since il2 demo on and offline so i can fly buddy.

-- Heart_C wrote:

- you are just full of crap

Well i wouldn't know if you are a superb pilot or not i dont make assumsions like that about someone i don't know,
are you saying that anyone who thinks the FM's are wrong or the luftwaffe planes are undermodelled in some ways is full of crap?

I think you'll find most people here will disagree with you, also if you think VVS palnes turning with times of 15secs, taking several 30mm hits, not overheating as they should, 109's overheating way too quickly etc etc is fine then you are a FOOL and an IDIOT.





Message Edited on 09/11/0308:59AM by johno__UK

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:28 PM
dont bother asking everything gets overlooked been like that since il2 sturmovik till current day


http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 06:44 PM
necrobaron wrote:

Now,"flapbuster",there's no need to get your panties
- in a twist...I AM nice..no really...You said "allied
- axis" aircraft. No "and" or "," between "allied" and
- "axis". I took that to mean that you meant literally
- allied to the axis,like Romanian and Italian
- planes,etc. Perhaps YOU should read the rest of MY
- post. Did I once disagree with you?


There seems to be an unhealthy tendancy in these forums to make personal attacks on anyone who criticizes FB/IL2 sims.
Rather than addressing the issue/s raised the ctitic is slapped down with deragory/contemptious remarks by people who egard thenselves as ( I can't write this without laughing )SENIOR??! therefore fulfilling the role of COMISSAR!
Anyone who makes a personal attack is automatically granting permission for others to respond in kind.
Anyone with more than 500 posts is spending far too much time at this site and should go outside and get some fresh air/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Tedious unoriginal wooly philoshophical statement the pith of which is lost in repetition.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:02 PM
flapbuster wrote:There seems to be an unhealthy tendancy in these
- forums to make personal attacks on anyone who
- criticizes FB/IL2 sims.
- Rather than addressing the issue/s raised the ctitic
- is slapped down with deragory/contemptious remarks
- by people who egard thenselves as ( I can't write
- this without laughing )SENIOR??! therefore
- fulfilling the role of COMISSAR!
- Anyone who makes a personal attack is automatically
- granting permission for others to respond in kind.
- Anyone with more than 500 posts is spending far too
- much time at this site and should go outside and get
- some fresh air


Did I make a personal attack?/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Anyway,the fact that someone has over 500 posts doesn't mean they spend all their time on the boards. Some of these folks have been here since the original IL2 Demo. Even if they only posted occasionally since then,they'd likely have a high post count by now. As a full-time college student,I can promise you,a don't spend a copious amount of time here. My point is post count doesn't matter,whether you have 10 or 1000. The fact that you care how many posts someone has is outright silly...

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:33 PM
@johno__UK:

Well, it's quite simple: Never did I have a problem with criticism on IL-2 or FB. In fact, it's quite the contrary: Lately I was critizising this software pretty much. Mostly because I know quite a lot of other flightsims, also in the online environment, and saw plenty of things done better than FB does. However, when you were serious with your initial statement, which went like this:


johno__UK wrote:
-
- 1. Are luftwaffe AC goingto be continualy
- undermodeled compared to their VVs counterparts?
-
- 2. Are VVS planes eg:la7 which now turns at a
- ridiculous 15 secs going to be brought into line
- with reality?
-
- 3. Will VVS planes ever get a realistic damage model
- or have a damage model of a t34 which they now have.
-
- 4. Does everyone have to be a fan of VVS planes to
- enjoy FB?
-
- 5. Could people that shell out their hard earned
- cash on FB have the chance to fly a fairly
- historicaly acurate representation of their
- favourite plane regardless of their nationality?
-
- I cant beleive i just wrote this but it now seems to
- me that nothing is ever gonna change with FB so we
- might aswell just accept it.....
-
-


...I have to say you are indeed just full of crap...

Regards
heartc


=38=OIAE

47|FC=-

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:33 PM
Well seems as though you disagree with me but unfortunately for you alot of people do so go boil yer head brown noser.

If my original post is a load of crap like ya say yer offending an awful lot of people here fool.