PDA

View Full Version : Solution for java 1.5 restarts pf

1.JaVA_Hornet
01-08-2005, 07:02 AM
For the people who uses the non microsoft
java 1.5 program. Many people has problems
with restarting il2fb/pf after flying a mission.

---------------------------------------------
Importend... when you AEP or PF has to end it by yourself with crt/alt/del ...

Firstly search in your windowsexplorer for the
java map. Find a .exe file for starting Java.
Disable: searching for update.

I had it also, that after the Javaupdate the PF.exe Task was not ending correctly.That perceives when you want play another game.

I have looked in the System and found the error.
With the Javaupdate comes also Java-Update-Scheduler on your System, that is the jusched.exe that automaticaly with Windowsstart aktivates and online searches for Java-Updates. After I had deactivated the .Exe in the list at Run- >msconfig->Systemstart PF.exe ends normal. This Jusched.exe also uses almost 2.5MB of ram when it is activ!

1.JaVA_Hornet
01-08-2005, 07:02 AM
For the people who uses the non microsoft
java 1.5 program. Many people has problems
with restarting il2fb/pf after flying a mission.

---------------------------------------------
Importend... when you AEP or PF has to end it by yourself with crt/alt/del ...

Firstly search in your windowsexplorer for the
java map. Find a .exe file for starting Java.
Disable: searching for update.

I had it also, that after the Javaupdate the PF.exe Task was not ending correctly.That perceives when you want play another game.

I have looked in the System and found the error.
With the Javaupdate comes also Java-Update-Scheduler on your System, that is the jusched.exe that automaticaly with Windowsstart aktivates and online searches for Java-Updates. After I had deactivated the .Exe in the list at Run- >msconfig->Systemstart PF.exe ends normal. This Jusched.exe also uses almost 2.5MB of ram when it is activ!

carguy_
01-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Does that apply for Win98 also?

tsisqua
01-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I've noticed that when completing a mission that was created by Dgen that the "quit mission" button may take several minutes to apply. Same when generating the next mission. I am sure that his is Java related, as I remember a similar problem in FB while trying to save tracks. It took forever! Some bright individual, I do not remember whom, figured out a change to one of the .dll files that fixed this problem, and it was known at that time that Java was the problem. I do not have this problem with static campaigns.

Thanks for the heads-up!
Tsisqua

1.JaVA_Hornet
01-08-2005, 02:14 PM
After playing today I can say that the
problem with starting il2fb/pf still exists.

grrr.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Nubarus
01-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Then don't use the none MS Java in PF.

RedToo
01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Sun Java gives better frame rates in opengl.

Nubarus
01-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Well, it also gives you problems with the game.

I see no reason to get problems running the game for a few more frames, but that is just me I guess.

AWL_Spinner
01-09-2005, 03:51 AM
Running Java 1.5 with XP SP1a and SP2 (no MS Java) and had no problems at all.

Tried the suggestion at the top of this thread anyway - you only need to do the configuration thing, seemingly, no need to play around with msconfig. Once you've unchecked the autoupdate option the service is no longer loaded on startup.