PDA

View Full Version : (ACR) Was anyone else disappointed by....

Notion_
12-21-2011, 09:18 PM
...the fact that we did not get another chill-worthy "Ezio's Family" by Jesper Kyd moment in Revelations?

I would have loved that during that touching final dialogue Ezio had towards the end of the game (don't want to spoil anything with specifics.) It would have been very fitting, especially given the circumstances.

Even the ending credits would have been nice...maybe an extended version of the song.

Kind of a shame really. That's the only thing I thought was missing. Would have been a perfect way to say "goodbye" to Ezio, and Italy...and this whole experience.

It will always hold true, that there is always at least one thing I think a game misses after I finish it.

Oh well.

goclo822
12-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Totally. That was my biggest disappointment with ACR. That song has always been like Ezio's theme song so to not have it play at all during his last game was incredibly disappointing. I missed having it play during the beginning credits. It always gave me chills and got me really emotional at the beginning of the game. Even if they didn't play it at the starting (because they had that cutscene), they should have played it during the end cinematic or during his last scene. Even during the credits would have been the least they could have done.

The game lost a bit of emotion without it.

massmurdera_666
12-21-2011, 09:28 PM
theres always dlc to look forward to, i just finished the book and there is lots they can do. Ezio's wedding, and it mentions more work that he does but doesn't go into detail

Sarari
12-21-2011, 09:38 PM
I thought it wasn't a very good way to say goodbye to Ezio. After all they put as through with him, at least give him a great ending. I thought it could've been done better.

Serrachio
12-21-2011, 11:11 PM
I got the feeling that they used Madeline Bell's theme too much in ACR, and it drained all of its appeal.

Notion_
12-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by go_clo:
Totally. That was my biggest disappointment with ACR. That song has always been like Ezio's theme song so to not have it play at all during his last game was incredibly disappointing. I missed having it play during the beginning credits. It always gave me chills and got me really emotional at the beginning of the game. Even if they didn't play it at the starting (because they had that cutscene), they should have played it during the end cinematic or during his last scene. Even during the credits would have been the least they could have done.

The game lost a bit of emotion without it.

Good to see I'm not alone on this.

It's amazing how such a small piece of the overall experience can tie everything together.

Even if they have it on some DLC, between the ending of ACR and Embers, the chapter is basically closed.

That's another thing... at the end of Embers would have been a good place.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 03:14 AM
You know I'm sorry, but that Family song is just way overrated imo.
Other than one little violin segment in it, it does nothing for me.
ACR's soundtrack is excellent.

The only thing I thought ACR needed w/ Ezio was stronger emotional, romantic interaction w/ Sofia. & more w/ Ezio on a personal level even tho I truly enjoyed the Humor all through it.

Other than that, I think it's just fine.

Assassin_M
12-22-2011, 03:25 AM
No, I wasnt disappointed..

Rakudaton
12-22-2011, 03:59 AM
Yes, I was really upset by this... it could have been awesome...

Originally posted by BatemanKID:
theres always dlc to look forward to, i just finished the book and there is lots they can do. Ezio's wedding, and it mentions more work that he does but doesn't go into detail

Ezio's wedding, what a cracking idea!

No, seriously. They should do a DLC of Ezio tying up things across the assassin world -- going through all the cities he's visited (Constantinople, Venice, Forli, etc) and basically saying goodbye but perhaps performing small missions for them. Then he could go back to Monteriggioni to leave the message for Desmond.
Finally Ezio and Sophia get married. To echo Altair and Maria's love scene from ACII, they climb up that big building in Florence (the one with the prison tower where Giovanni was taken, in front of the gallows square) and look out across Florence. Then cue Ezio's Family; the camera pans and zooms out slowly above the city, showing Florence at night in all its glory. Then at last we get "Assassin's Creed: Revelations", and it ends.

This is presmably where Ezio's tale would REALLY end from Desmond's point of view -- when Ezio and Sofia conceive their first child, which would probably be immediately after their wedding. And it'd be a nice happy ending considering all the horrible things that have happened to him.

lukaszep
12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Um, not really. I think the AC:R soundtrack is incredible.
If you're expecting another Ezio's family, you're never going to get one. If it's too similar you'll be disappointed, if it's too different, there won't be a comparison. I thought there were more "spine-tingling" tracks in AC:R than in the whole series so far.

Maybe it would have been nice to get a few bars of it in Embers, but i certainly wasn't disappointed.

value_zero
12-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Well expect one last sequenc e of his life in the game with this song

Sarari
12-22-2011, 07:31 AM
I agree with Serrachio a lot on what he said. Madeline's singing was in almost all songs in the soundtrack. They over did that in ACR.

I also agree with ProdiGurl. Ezio's Family is far over rated. It doesn't touch my heart in anyway, even the violin part didn't do much. I only got a good feel for it in the beginning in AC2 which suit it very well. Them adding it in ACB was alright, but didn't fit as well as AC2.

If they added it in ACR, it would've been a disaster. Then for sure they would've over done the song and it just wouldn't fit the game.

One exception by me (excuse me if I'm sounding very selfish right here lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) is if they played it when Ezio climbed back to the platform in Masyaf where Altair did his first leap of faith, and they show Masyaf's snowing mountains in the distance, and then the song kicks in.

That would've been really cool.

ProdiGurl
12-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I agree with Serrachio a lot on what he said. Madeline's singing was in almost all songs in the soundtrack. They over did that in ACR.

I also agree with ProdiGurl. Ezio's Family is far over rated. It doesn't touch my heart in anyway, even the violin part didn't do much. I only got a good feel for it in the beginning in AC2 which suit it very well. Them adding it in ACB was alright, but didn't fit as well as AC2.

If they added it in ACR, it would've been a disaster. Then for sure they would've over done the song and it just wouldn't fit the game.

One exception by me (excuse me if I'm sounding very selfish right here lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) is if they played it when Ezio climbed back to the platform in Masyaf where Altair did his first leap of faith, and they show Masyaf's snowing mountains in the distance, and then the song kicks in.

That would've been really cool.

^That, only change it to "City of Rome"

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
12-22-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Same here. Ezio's Family didn't fit ACR's theme.

phoenix-force411
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
Same here. Ezio's Family didn't fit ACR's theme. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True! Ezio's Family was more of a Renaissance Era song in Ezio's Italy days, but since the environment and city has changed to West Asia, that music piece will not have its powerful effect like it did with ACII and ACB!

LightRey
12-22-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by joshuathao64:
True! Ezio's Family was more of a Renaissance Era song in Ezio's Italy days, but since the environment and city has changed to West Asia, that music piece will not have its powerful effect like it did with ACII and ACB!
Indeed. It might've fit in Embers, but they went with a specific theme there that didn't really make it fit there either.

Macky_1
12-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi,
Yes I am TOTALLY disappointed...the controls have all changed (ps3)and no documentation! I am just starting the game and just am going in circles as I cannot climb, etc.etc.
Jim

LightRey
12-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Macky_1:
Hi,
Yes I am TOTALLY disappointed...the controls have all changed (ps3)and no documentation! I am just starting the game and just am going in circles as I cannot climb, etc.etc.
Jim
Only 2 of the controls were changed...

De Filosoof
12-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Jesper Kyd http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif