PDA

View Full Version : RPG element?

Dawnfang
09-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey all,

I've been following this game for like a year now and I can't wait till it will be released... like everyone says: 'The last bits are the hardest...'

Anyhoo, I was wondering the following: What I've seen from the trailers and screenshots and the (little) information we get from Ubisoft, I know the game will be some sort of action/adventure game. However, there are also some RPG elements, like upgrading your skills. Does anyone know what the other RPG element will be? Like for instance, can we buy new armor and weapons. I also heard Altair has a house... do you think the house will incorporate new RPG elements?

Just wondering, no need to flame me if it's a stupid question...

l0rd_0f_w4r
09-16-2007, 07:16 AM
yeh im curious too

the_assassin_07
09-16-2007, 07:18 AM
He doesn't have a house it's just the place of the guild or whatever....

moqqy
09-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Dawnfang:
Hey all,

I've been following this game for like a year now and I can't wait till it will be released... like everyone says: 'The last bits are the hardest...'

Anyhoo, I was wondering the following: What I've seen from the trailers and screenshots and the (little) information we get from Ubisoft, I know the game will be some sort of action/adventure game. However, there are also some RPG elements, like upgrading your skills. Does anyone know what the other RPG element will be? Like for instance, can we buy new armor and weapons. I also heard Altair has a house... do you think the house will incorporate new RPG elements?

Just wondering, no need to flame me if it's a stupid question...

He gets new boots, gauntlets, etc. They all have different abilities.

Dawnfang
09-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Okay, but how do you get them? Do you collect them or do you have to buy them? And after you've got new boots, is it possible to switch them with your old ones?

jonavoly
09-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
He doesn't have a house it's just the place of the guild or whatever....

No but he's married (apparently) and if it is based on genetic memory he would have to have children as well so I assume his wife (and mabey children) live in jerusalem or something...

Okay, but how do you get them? Do you collect them or do you have to buy them? And after you've got new boots, is it possible to switch them with your old ones? It's probably money, you can pickpocket and pay beggars to leave you alone so there must be some form of currency...

moqqy
09-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Okay, but how do you get them? Do you collect them or do you have to buy them? And after you've got new boots, is it possible to switch them with your old ones?

Ermm.. Dunno, but why would you want to switch your new ones with a good ability to your old ones with no ability?

the_assassin_07
09-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Maybe the new boots have a disadvantage....

AldirTheKnight
09-16-2007, 09:28 AM
yes, they're Nike, and we all like Adidas

the_assassin_07
09-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif.

Robbinho1992
09-16-2007, 09:45 AM
AFAIK, You get new equipment and etc as you complte missions, and gain your higher rank in the Creed. With these ranks, come new possesions to help you on the harder missions that lie ahead of our Adventuer Altair.

moqqy
09-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
Maybe the new boots have a disadvantage....

Unlikely, since they are rewards.. The boots let you just roll when you normally would be knocked down, the gloves let you grab something again after you fell..

Dawnfang
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
Ofcourse you wouldn't want to switch your new shoes with the old ones you used to wear. But it would be rather kewl if you could for instance swap robes or something... Don't get me wrong, I really like the current white one, but come on, a change of suit once in a while never killed anyone right?