PDA

View Full Version : Finding the Apple **SPOILERS CONTAINED**

Alpha Ender
11-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Okay, so what the hell? Why do you kill Lucy? I mean...no one probably has an actual reason, just wild guesses, but still! Minerva said something about "the cross darkening on the horizon", so my thoughts were that Lucy would turn or something, especially because Minerva mentioned balancing (though it may have just been balancing the number of Assassins to Templars; still seems like they have the numerical advantage by far).

Any ideas anyone?

flyingeaglemile
11-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Minerva was just being a ****-block

Vaddix
11-18-2010, 10:41 PM
So its Juno that makes you stab Lucy. Minerva only appears at the very beginning of the game just before you speak to Mario.

Juno makes you stab Lucy, because Desmond had to unite with Eve. Its obvious that Juno deems Lucy a threat to this union with Eve. Whats unclear is whether it is because Desmond has feelings for Lucy, or Lucy still has ties with the Templar's. Juno mentions she needed to balance out the cross. When they refer to the cross, they are talking about the Templar's. So it could well be that Lucy still has Templar ties.

oldnewsglory
11-23-2010, 09:04 PM
I clearly remember in the first game, Altair bedded this Templar chick who looked EXACTLY like Lucy...it's been clear to me ever since that she is a descendant of this chick...I guess I just thought they were taking it in a completely different direction. At any rate, I'm pretty upset that they wrote her out like they did. I really thought Desmond and Lucy would go down in history as one of the all-time great video game couples haha...

Maybe I'm just in denial - even though the achievement is titles "a knife to the heart," it's still possible he may not have killed her. It's going to be really sad to see Assassin's Creed III without her.

Side-Note: Kristen Bell/Lucy is soo sexy.

BAMB0
11-23-2010, 09:41 PM
So you thought Maria, the templar girl, who Altair does looks like Lucy and that Lucy is a descendant of Maria. And seeing as how Desmond is a descendant of Altair and you say Lucy is a descendant of Maria, that Desmond is going to have a intimate relationship with his long descendant of a family member. Incest lost in time? lol

And yes, its Juno at the end of AC:B not Minerva, I thought this was very clear just due to the fact they look nothing a like and that it's said many times to be the Tomb of Juno.

E-Zekiel
11-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Maria doesn't look anything like Lucy. For one, Maria has brown hair. Lucy has light blonde hair. That's a pretty stark contrast right off the bat.

BAMB0
11-24-2010, 09:15 AM
Because if you had a different hair color from your parents it automatically makes you not look like their child at all? lol Facial structure is what make people look a like, not the color of your hair.

I'm not defending his theory because I don't agree with it either but that was a weak example to counter what he said lol

Steelbadger
11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by BAMB0:
Because if you had a different hair color from your parents it automatically makes you not look like their child at all? lol Facial structure is what make people look a like, not the color of your hair.

I'm not defending his theory because I don't agree with it either but that was a weak example to counter what he said lol

Videogame genealogy is rather different from real-life genealogy. Video game 'family resemblance' isn't about high cheek-bones, prominent noses, deep-set eyes or strong brows; it's about the obvious stuff. Look at Desmond, his family resemblance apparently includes things like scars.

That said though, Maria looks nothing like Lucy, to my mind. Wrong jaw, wrong eyes, wrong lips.

Alpha Ender
12-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Eh, sorry about the confusion between Juno and Minerva. All I saw was glowing holographic thing, never really paid attention to who it actually was.