PDA

View Full Version : more Time Compression requested

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Flying bombers in Campaign, we are ofthen tasked to cover long distances; and the 8x Time Compression is sometimes too small.
I'd suggest to insert more levels of Time Compression, such as 16x and 32x, if possible. This will avoid excessively long wasted time.
As an advanced feature about time compression, I'd suggest also an hot key to "switch to next event": if the hot key is pressed, the simulation will go automatically to the next significant event (target approach, enemy sighted, ecc...). Many Simulations have this good and useful feature.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
Flying bombers in Campaign, we are ofthen tasked to cover long distances; and the 8x Time Compression is sometimes too small.
I'd suggest to insert more levels of Time Compression, such as 16x and 32x, if possible. This will avoid excessively long wasted time.
As an advanced feature about time compression, I'd suggest also an hot key to "switch to next event": if the hot key is pressed, the simulation will go automatically to the next significant event (target approach, enemy sighted, ecc...). Many Simulations have this good and useful feature.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 02:03 PM
this is great. i agree.. even with 8x, it takes me forever to get to those objectives.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Macchinista wrote:
- Flying bombers in Campaign, we are ofthen tasked to
- cover long distances; and the 8x Time Compression is
- sometimes too small.
- I'd suggest to insert more levels of Time
- Compression, such as 16x and 32x, if possible. This
- will avoid excessively long wasted time.
-

I think this is an excellent idea that would definitely enhance offline game play.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 05:48 PM
If this helps, Oleg has stated in the past that 8x currently is the maximum time compression that can be modeled without too many errors occuring.

I'm not fully sure what he means by this. But I suppose it has something to do with visual rendering and speed and placement of objects in relationship to your aircraft(position) after you return to normal time.

Oh the magic of time travel.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 06:19 PM
i would say its got nothing to do with visuals
but rather the massive amount of AI routines that will need to be calculated greater than 8x the speed limit of normal set at the moment

I've seen normal people. I wasn't impressed.

XyZspineZyX
06-13-2003, 06:34 PM
AhrimaaN wrote:

"i would say its got nothing to do with visuals"

-----------

Perhaps.

But I would say that if an AI routine caused an error that caused an 'AI' aircraft or moving object to be out of position when one returns to normal time, I would say that is a visual or lack thereof.

As all computations are for the sole purpose of rendering visuals, their positions or damage/activation according to the script of the mission.

XyZspineZyX
06-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Well, if 16x or 32x time compressions are hard to fit in Il2/FB, then we could have the hot key for "switch to next event", as I written over.
Somewhat solution has to be taken, since flying long paths with bombers in Campaigns is really wasted time. When I fly He-111 missions, I barely manage to complete 1 mission every 20-30 minutes, half the time spent watching the clouds during cruise flight!

XyZspineZyX
06-16-2003, 03:00 PM
bump

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Yep bring on the hot key, liek Quick Cruise in 1942 and The Red Baron they were great old games

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 01:51 PM
We don't need more compression! We need a skip to next waypoint key, that will solve it all.

Also, an unconditional skip to next waypoint might be needed.

It might be a real pain in online servers though.

--------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 07:13 AM
cannot be done at the moment, return tomorrow

"Never forget the past so we dont make the same mistakes in the future"