PDA

View Full Version : First naval academy mission help!

nstutt
03-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Ok Im really stupid - I cant complete the first naval academy mission. Ive managed to enter the channel at a direction of SSE fine but then it tells me I have to 'navigate the channel' and no matter what I do it wont complete it. I navigated all the way to England and it still didnt succeed! How do you 'navigate the channel' successfully. Cheers for any help.

RobBlanchet
03-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Go see your messages by pressing the M key

Mr_Nakajima
03-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Same problem here - I went through the channel as asked but never received confirmation that the objective was done. Tried it several times because it bugged me to.

But given that it is only a tutorial I don't think it matters that much.

RustyTorpedo
03-19-2005, 01:01 AM
Same problem here, it's bugging the hell out of me... Anyone know ??? I've done all the other objectives of this mission (Head sounth at 25m, navigate with scope).

CrazyDyck
03-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I found that doing that training mission - I got notice a message arrived, but there was no status change to the mission, ie "completed", but I carried on, as soon as depth of water hit 29 meters or so, went to periscope depth for a bit, going through channel (I plotted course using waypoints for navigator to stay in the centre of the channel). Got another "message", but no change to mission status, dropped to 25 feet and went due south once I cleared the channel until I got the "passed the exam" notice and then I resurface and "viola" - all status went "completed". Gotta be a bug.

Crazydick

PS: I couldn't get the AA or Deck gun guys to "fire at will" either so did the job myself. Having read about keeping target locked via binoculars (or USO?) sound like a good thing to try, in order to get the crew to do their job.

durex2000
03-19-2005, 01:31 AM
guys... navigate means you have to use the map (F5) make some waypoints and there you go.

MooseNoodles
03-19-2005, 02:10 AM
If you all did it correctly it wouldnt be a problem :P No u dont need to put waypoints u can just order course changes on the fly.

What you all need to do if you cant get one thing completed in the F8 view is to start again but this time when u get a radio message press 'M' key - and read the messages, follow them exactly and you will finish that tutorial easily.

cheers, http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif