PDA

View Full Version : Just had to reinstall everything - question about track IR

sledgehammer2
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Been down for awhile but finally getting back up and running. I have the track IR 3 Pro. Which version of the software should I d/l and install? Thanks.

sledgehammer2
02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Been down for awhile but finally getting back up and running. I have the track IR 3 Pro. Which version of the software should I d/l and install? Thanks.

T_O_A_D
02-21-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm running the latests version of software with my 3 pro, its the best its ran with the vector. Still not completly satisfied, but closer.

BrotherVoodoo
02-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Toad...Have you considered relacing your vector clip? I replaced mine recently and was happy to see that they rediesigned it a bit making it much more accurate. It was the best 15$ I've spent in awhile. I have not tried the LED thing they have out now.

LT.INSTG8R
02-23-2007, 03:54 AM
I finally got TrackIR for myself for Chrimbo because of the Clip(have issue with sitting in front of my PC with a hat on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif )
So I got both the Clip and the Regular Vector/Hat with mine(was a deal with eDimensional) So having them both and normally used to playing with my 5.1's(much to my wifes displeasure of course)I of course have given the Vector/Hat and the Clip both a fair go in all my Games(pretty much all of are TIR supported, IL-2 GTL, GTR2, rFactor, ArmA) and the Clip is much better at tracking and well it has never lost track on me yet, the hat does at least once everytime I use it(I believe you call it "Broken Neck")
I would reccomend the clip to any TrackIR user as an upgrade worth the dollars there IS a definite difference between the two.

T_O_A_D
02-23-2007, 07:52 AM
BrotherVoodoo My clip and hat are about 6 months old. Not sure if they are the new release or not.

I gave up and added 3 reflective balls to the hat. Its smooth now in IL2 short the Broken neck if I look too far down.

I'm not sure its loosing traqck when I look down or not, the bill of hat block my view of the tracking screen to tell. I guess I need to recruite the wife or a kid to watch.

BrotherVoodoo
02-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Here is a link to a picture of the "new style clip". http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/0-resources...p-black-isoRight.jpg (http://naturalpoint.com/trackir/02-products/0-resources-products/TrackClip-black-isoRight.jpg) Does it look like this Toad? I'm not sure when they updated the style. Maybe there is another light source getting in your way from a window. Mine gets crazy if I leave my closet light on which sits directly behind me. When I look down I only move my chin down a couple of inches, no neck breaking should be necassary. Though I did experience exactly what is happening to you before I replaced the clip. I think my old one got sat on too many times and it lost its original shape. To my understanding the clip needs to remain at factory specs to properly do it's math and track smoothly. The new one is a much better design than my oldie. Also if you are using tthe track ir hat with the reflector on the brim you might want to put some electrical tape on it as it seems to interfers with performance at least for me.