PDA

View Full Version : Question about Techlands Models and Uvs

Mr_Bluesman
02-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Just wondering guys,

With your building Models do you tend to use multiple tiling textures on them like Brick/Wood etc, or unwrap each model into the 0-1 UV space and texture it accordingly.

From looking through the .pak files I'm finding a lot of tiling textures and then specifics like windows with their own textures.

Obviously unwrapping a building model onto 0-1 space that the player is so close too doesn't seem viable, unless your textures were at extremely large res, which they don't seem to be.

Just trying to see what is the best workflow practice for the models I'm making t try in your engine.

seir
02-04-2010, 03:38 PM
We have several cover textures like wood or plaster that is tileable. The rest is geometry and engine. It means that when you'll add some details then they will "fill" the model. Also engine supports ambient occlusion and few postprocess effects that will make your model look nice in engine.

I'll try to prepare some example models for Community to look up to.

Mr_Bluesman
02-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by seir:
We have several cover textures like wood or plaster that is tileable. The rest is geometry and engine. It means that when you'll add some details then they will "fill" the model. Also engine supports ambient occlusion and few postprocess effects that will make your model look nice in engine.

I'll try to prepare some example models for Community to look up to.

Cheers,

Thought so and this is the way I've been working for this engine