PDA

View Full Version : DGEN errors while using DGEN Beta

Chuck_Older
11-04-2004, 04:52 PM
I really liked the DGEN Beta, until this evening, when I decided to embark upon a tour of duty with the USAAC, starting with Pearl harbor.

I clicked 'generate', and it just clicked...that's all that it would do. Click, click. Oh, what the %#@*

I went to my USMC campaign flying F4Fs at Wake...couldn't play the campaign. Windows gave me an "error has occurred while using DGEN. Please send Microsoft an error report, blah blah" message http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I had backed up my DGEN files and considered using the original DGEN. But I re-booted first. Same deal, no new careers would get generated, and old ones wouldn't respond.

So I put the old DGEN back in, and checked a USMC campaign. Yup, P-39s are back.

I also started up a USAAC campaign in 1941, no problem

Well, I knew it was a Beta, but I am still disapointed.

Be aware that you may need to re-install the DGEN that came with PF if you are using the DGEN Beta. It's great that Lowengrin made this available, but protect yourself by backing up your original DGEN before you install.

Remember: uninstalling PF will uninstall FB if you use PF as an add-on to FB

MK2aw
11-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Sad to hear that. First i hear of it. BTW it's not Paul (lowengrin). it is someone else that develops it (Starshoy at simhq, not sure here).

Paul (lowengrin) wrote DCG.

Did you by any chance install DGC?

Mk2aw

Chuck_Older
11-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Oops, my mistake, not DCG, not Lowengrin. Don't know whay I posted that...definitely DGEN. Thanks for pointing that out, I must be losing it...