PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy

Borenson
11-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Never EVER ****ing order anything from Best Buy. I pre-ordered AC from there last Saturday and paid $10 for the "Express" shipping for it to get here on the 16th, THREE DAYS AFTER IT'S IN STOCK. When it didn't come yesterday, we got an e-mail that said it's on backorder and we could come pick it up at the store if we wanted, all we had to do was call. So we called and the ***** on the phone says on her system it's shown as shipped, so she couldn't change it to store pick up. We asked if they would call back if anything changed and we haven't received a call yet.

XyZspineZyX
11-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Thats not much fun for you is it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Im not sure how consumer laws work in teh US but i would think you should be able to cancel the original order requesting a refund on your $10 especially given they did not meet the agreement, and then go buy it from the shop anyway

Borenson
11-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah but we can't cancel it because at one place it says it's shipped and one place says it's not.

Tela
11-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Too late. I already pre-ordered my copy from them. Second time I have done so, and both times they have sent an "back-ordered" message. It should be coming soon, though. Thankfully. My entire house now says "We will never pre-order from them again". It's frustrating.

Borenson
11-17-2007, 12:22 PM
They're ****ing ******ed, the only reason we got it from them is because I have a $50 gift card, otherwise I would've gotten it from GameStop. If I had ordered from GameStop I'd have paid the same shipping price and it would be here the 15th latest.

Tela
11-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I've never pre-ordered anything from Gamestop. Are they good about pre-orders?

Guild_Assassin
11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Use your brain man...just go buy it from a Best Buy store in the meantime, save your receipt, then when the pre-order arrives in the mail don't open it and then go and return that to the store instead. You should have 30 days and the sku will be the same. Don't let them stick it to you...stick it to them!

: )

Bradeng
11-17-2007, 07:10 PM
My Gamestop is good about pre-orders - no bs. The guy told me they were going down in the morning on the 13th to pick up the copies from the distributor and they'd be available around 3:30-4:00 pm that day. Ended up picking my copy up around 4:30.