PDA

View Full Version : Ancestors Character Pack Pricing (PS3)

RedVelvet_Cake
12-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Hey there, I would just like to confirm the price for the DLC.
I've checked around online and they've come up with $3.99, however, when I go to the Playstation Store, it says that it's $6.95.
A friend of mine bought his for 320 MS points on the 360, which is the same price everywhere else.
Is the price for the DLC $3.99 in America only because I'm from Australia and it would seem unfair for those of us in Australia with PS3s having to pay extra when it costs the same for 360 users.

jmk1999
12-28-2011, 06:11 AM
to my knowledge, this would normally be an issue with exchange rates (AUS $ amounts tend to be higher for some reason)... but considering xbl is selling it for the lower price is odd. i would say check with ubi support and bring it to their attention. it could be a number of factors, ranging from mislabeled on either ubisoft's OR sony's end... even could be a mistake on microsoft's end putting a cheaper than usual price. unfortunately, there's not much we can do here on the forum.

Chronomaancy
12-28-2011, 06:35 AM
Australia is always getting stuffed over...

Couldn't see how this would be any different.

Sorry bro. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RedVelvet_Cake
12-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't think it would be the exchange rates, seeing as the Australian dollar is a touch over equal with the American dollar at the moment (1 AUD = 1.02 USD).
It's probably because we're so far away or something; it was the same with Alice: Madness Returns when I went to pre-order it earlier on this year.
It said it was $49.99 for a pre-order but it was $79.99 for Australia.
I checked it using an American proxy and then turned it off. Once it was off, the price changed to $79.99.

Anyway, thank you for the help. I'll send a ticket and hope for the best, just like I'm hoping I can finally get my Animus Edition content like a large portion of people here :/