PDA

View Full Version : where are the new planes in 4.01

harold x
06-16-2005, 11:49 AM
where is the ju88, mosquito,torpedo bombers.

Zyzbot
06-16-2005, 11:55 AM
New Aircraft in 4.01

Flyable aircraft:

Ki-100-I-Ko, 1945 *
G4M1-11 Betty, 1941*
Spitfire MK.Vc (2), 1941 - 2 cannons, RAAF, Pacific.*
Spitfire MK.Vc (4), 1941 €" 4 cannons, RAF, North Africa.
Mustang MK.III, 1944 - RAF only, 25 Lbs (8l inches) engine boost, 642 km/h on Sea Level
P-38L late, 1944 €" 1720 hp engines.*
Buffalo MK I.*

AI aircraft:

Tempest MK.V, 1944
G4M2E Betty, 1945*
MXY7 Ohka, 1945*

msalama
06-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Where's your nanny?

HoneySeeker
06-16-2005, 01:04 PM

Where they have always been - either in development, in the queue, or in one's imagination.

Doug_Thompson
06-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Like it or not, the thread does have a valid point. There was a long list of planes that the developers were hoping to get in the patch.

Granted, the developers never promised anything, but the limited number of new craft is a letdown.

It's not much of a letdown for me, for I'm a fan of the Ki-100, and I'm impressed with the new fllight model.

So I don't care. If I did, though, I wouldn't blame the developers. It's the market.

If I ran a software company, I'd produce a flight sim called 'Spits and 'Stangs. That's all a lot of people want. That's what they got. A new Spitfire. A new Mustang. A new Lightning. Whoopee. Add a British Empire Buffalo to appease the Singapore lobby, and that's it.

The irony is that Il-2 got started as a sim that offered planes you couldn't fly anywhere else, featuring the under-represented Russian Front. In plane selection, it looks more like MS-CFS3 with each new version.

msalama
06-16-2005, 01:50 PM
the developers never promised anything

My point exactly.

Monty_Thrud
06-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by HoneySeeker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Where they have always been - either in development, in the queue, or in one's imagination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the queue...i hope

HoneySeeker
06-16-2005, 03:11 PM
There was a long list of planes that the developers were hoping to get in the patch.
Well, into *a* patch - it just turns out not to be this one. Hopefully there'll be others.

Doug_Thompson
06-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by HoneySeeker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There was a long list of planes that the developers were hoping to get in the patch.
Well, into *a* patch - it just turns out not to be this one. Hopefully there'll be others. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BoB will come out before any new patch, I'd expect. I'd also expect to see a lot of the Italian planes there.

LEXX_Luthor
06-16-2005, 05:59 PM
crazyivan says, in that crazy way of his, that we are getting these planes in paid Expansion Pac.

wOOts http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

EDIT....no...he says not true. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

AerialTarget
06-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Doug_Thompson:
If I ran a software company, I'd produce a flight sim called 'Spits and 'Stangs. That's all a lot of people want. That's what they got. A new Spitfire. A new Mustang. A new Lightning. Whoopee. Add a British Empire Buffalo to appease the Singapore lobby, and that's it.

The irony is that Il-2 got started as a sim that offered planes you couldn't fly anywhere else, featuring the under-represented Russian Front. In plane selection, it looks more like MS-CFS3 with each new version.

Oh, I see. You think that American airplanes are inferior to Russian aircraft? And you think that those of us who like American airplanes are somehow inferior to you who like Russian aircraft? And you think that we only deserve to fly representations of American airplanes in truly miserable "simulators" like Macrocruft Wombat Fight Simulator?

You have earned my disgust, Doug Thompson. May your favorite aircraft's flight model be exceedingly annoying to you!

heywooood
06-16-2005, 09:21 PM
actually - if there is any hope of getting the planes that some were 'led to believe' would be forthcoming, it will only be in a paid addon...

We do know that Ian Boys will have a CD with campaigns for Kurland and Murmansk eventually.

JaguarMEX
06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by AerialTarget:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doug_Thompson:

Oh, I see. You think that American airplanes are inferior to Russian aircraft? And you think that those of us who like American airplanes are somehow inferior to you who like Russian aircraft? And you think that we only deserve to fly representations of American airplanes in truly miserable "simulators" like Macrocruft Wombat Fight Simulator?

You have earned my disgust, Doug Thompson. May your favorite aircraft's flight model be exceedingly annoying to you! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's got a really valid point AerialTarget. IL-2 offered us a theatre that had never been visited before, now with each new patch the Eastern Front is almost dissapearing

sapre
06-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by JaguarMEX:
He's got a really valid point AerialTarget. IL-2 offered us a theatre that had never been visited before, now with each new patch the Eastern Front is almost dissapearing

I guess the new Murmansk and Kurland map is my hallucination

MS_Siwarrior
06-17-2005, 01:11 AM
Wombat Fight Simulator

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
Please do not use "Wombat"