PDA

View Full Version : Why do Harlequins sprint?

Shrimpboat_capn
11-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Whenever someone picks the harlequin (in any game mode) it is a Men's Warehouse Guarantee that they will run around the maps on the rooftops lol. I think it is hilarious, just wondering if anyone else has made this observation.

Justin125
11-18-2010, 08:17 PM
I only do it if my target goes up there...normally I stay in a crowd and just laugh as everyone kills civilians instead of me.

Eavath
11-18-2010, 09:22 PM
It's not only the harlequins for me... It's a guarantee there's gonna be 3-4 people in my matches running around on the rooftops... So easy to pick off from the ground with a gun ^^

EvillllllllllL
11-18-2010, 10:23 PM
lol. if i "get a runner" who sits on roofs i just kill a civ and move on. im not going to chase you for 100 points when i could just sneak up and get a kill worth 400-800 on somone playing the game correctly. Enjoy all your 100 point kills. i get 5kills and win where one of the runner gets 10 and looses.

Eavath
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I'd kill a civ too, if it made the Contract cooldown any different... I'll get the usual 400-800 point kills, along with my 100 point, sometimes 200 point runner kills

TheXenon
11-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah, there's always like 3-4 people running around like crazy on roof tops, I just blend in with the crowd and get incognito kills for the most part.

MtnDewAssassin
11-19-2010, 05:08 PM
IDK. I like to run around on the rooftops also because i like to pick people off with my gun. Alot of times i do end up walking by my target like nothing then randomly assassinate them and walk off. I might do that mode often cause it gets more points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DeafAtheist
11-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by MtnDewAssassin:
IDK. I like to run around on the rooftops also because i like to pick people off with my gun.

Sounds like something a COD fanboy would say.

KCizzll
11-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Hah, I just finished a game with both clowns never coming down from the roofs.

It's a very frustrating tactic because you can't ever kill them unless you use the gun. As the good runners avoid all npcs on the ground.

It tends to pull everyone else into running and climbing and the whole match turns to crap for those who like stealthy play.

I recommend trying advanced wanted as I found it to be much stealthier in my limited experience.

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 12:12 PM
I dunno guys. No matter what character I choose, being on the rooftops can be good strategy. Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of time on the ground, but on the rooftops I watch my back and I always can tell when another player is after me. Plus you can use the ariel kill and get tons of points.

I don't like chases either. 100points isn't worth a 2 minute chase.

Gotta admit though, it's when you're trying to mingle in crowds and anyone could be an assassin that the adrenaline starts pumping.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I pretty rarely run for a long period, and I almost never go to rooftops.

I like being the harlequin and being sneaky with it, just because I never see anyone else who likes stealth play choose him.

I think your reasoning s backwards.

Stealth fans think the harlequin looks less stealthy, and don't pick him, so when he is there, he's a runner.

It's not that playing harlequin makes you a runner, it's that runners are more likely to pick him.

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by pntbalr13:
I dunno guys. No matter what character I choose, being on the rooftops can be good strategy. Don't get me wrong, I spend a lot of time on the ground, but on the rooftops I watch my back and I always can tell when another player is after me. Plus you can use the ariel kill and get tons of points.

I don't like chases either. 100points isn't worth a 2 minute chase.

Gotta admit though, it's when you're trying to mingle in crowds and anyone could be an assassin that the adrenaline starts pumping.

Thats why when I notice a roof lover then I have a gun loudout for that type.

Coolgerb
11-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Harlequin's my favourite character, and I always play the game as it's intended (aka. not pathetic sexually-frustrated little 14-year old teen style).

I'm not high level yet, but I really hope that at some point other people know how to play too.

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 09:23 AM
I also see a lot of prowlers on rooftops.

I absolutely hate it when people decide to camp it out on the roof. Your supposed to blend in, your an assassin not a monkey.

CourtJestGaming
11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
I often play as a Harlequinn, and I consider myself a Stealthy player.

Regardless if he is bright colors, it shouldn't make any difference with Stealth and being noticed, as it's your actions that decide that.

I think my total logged online hours of play are something like 12 hours, and I'm already level 44.

Just goes to show that even someone with little online play time, is able to level in a fast time frame if done right.

However, as for Roofing, there is actually a great Strategy I find that works very well for it. Problem is not many see that strategy as I do, and just run amuck like Spider-man on the roof tops.

DeafAtheist
11-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm seeing a trend where most people who choose the Harlequin are running around like idiots while most who choose the Doctor are camping out on rooftops waiting to drop down on their targets

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Today's run as Harlequin so far.

1st match, 2400 points, 4 kills

2nd, 2900 points, 4 kills

I think I'm possibly a stealth joker.

Am starting a 3rd match now.