PDA

View Full Version : few queations about the demo or game

Moo12
08-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi,

How do you drop the tablet?
I am standing in front of that raining thingie, i am suppose to copy the sign from that plate onto the tablet and drop the tablet on the plate. if I let go of the tablet it doesn't land on top of that symbol plate but next to or in front it, and I cant get closer!

Can you save in this demo?

I have played all Myst version sofar but these kind of pussles freeks me out. I have no idea if it is a bug or that i am doing something wrong.

Mowog
08-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Moo --

Just move your pointer to the edge of the tablet, and it will change into an icon of a tablet with a down arrow. Then you just click to drop the tablet. If I understand this right, you can only drop the tablets on the floor in the bubbles, by the pedestals.

Elkestra
08-25-2005, 12:20 PM
You don't need to drop the tablet onto the symbol before the 'altar'... it just needs to lie on the ground. By the way, the natives are 'shy', they won't have a look til you've moved a distance away.

Oh, and you can drop the tablet anywhere, but so far, the pedestals are the only places where it physically appears (everywhere else, it'll be a blue glowing shape on the ground.

Moo12
08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
OK, thanks for that. I will try it.

Moo12
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
OK, done that.

I am now at the top and running around, opening windows and looking at the order side for the corresponding sings. Not even knowing if I have the right sign, turning those headstones into maybe the right order, going back, down the ladder, after I have been running around the top to find that ladder back. Coming downstairs finding that the passage is still locked. Climbing back up, trying different settings, climbing back down the ladder again (if i can find it). Still no luck!

I just doesn't fasinates me anymore!

End of Myst

Kallikanzaroi
08-25-2005, 03:27 PM
You are doing it all the wrong way.
use your head and solve the puzzle, THEN do the walking.

TenaciousTorch
08-26-2005, 01:29 PM
Without giving much away, like in Riven, some things are for learning.
Other things on the surrounding periphal are to operate mechanisms deep within. The two are not necessarily related to each other...