PDA

View Full Version : 6DOF Yadda- Yadda -yadda....got mine!

jamesdietz
12-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Well mines on its way.so I'll let you know:...
Dear James Dietz,

Your order has been shipped! The UPS tracking number
for this order is 1ZP6A735341420904.

Thanks again for your order.

Natural Point Sales Team..

Bearcat99
12-13-2004, 09:10 AM
So does this mean you will subject yourself to CFS3 to use it or do you have FS2004?

jamesdietz
12-13-2004, 09:29 AM
No Chance ( I've seen comments on CFS...)will give it a try on off line missions with FB/PF & hope it improves FW-190 views ...If not will hold on to it for Bob.....

Aaron_GT
12-13-2004, 09:34 AM
I have CFS3 and spent some time with it over the past week adding additional planes. I'm already bored with it... Time to delete it so I don't waste any more time with it. I have X-plane 8 on its way for general aviation, PF for combat stuff... (and other sims that seem to give a better experience overall than CFS3). 6DOF support isn't enough to make CFS3 worthwhile...

Capt._Tenneal
12-13-2004, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesdietz:
No Chance ( I've seen comments on CFS...)will give it a try on off line missions with FB/PF & hope it improves FW-190 views ...If not will hold on to it for Bob..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha ! Someone (or should I say, a 6DOF owner) who finally gets it. Thanks for your patience, may you be rewarded with a great looking (and playing) BOB. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fehler
12-13-2004, 10:00 AM
It is too bad that 1C didnt incorporate head lean in IL2/PF/AEP because this would really be a nice feature in the game.

Gibbige posted some pics of what the P-39 pit (For one) would look like if you had head lean the way the pits are drawn now.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the lack of a tail section behind the seat. Minor clipping issues are one thing, but a total absense of a complete section of a plane that would obscure your view no matter how far you could lean, is totally unacceptable to me. We might as well play cockpit off for the same effect now.

I totally understand the amount of effort it would take to get all the cockpits ready for a feature like this, and realistically, I dont see how it makes much sense for 1C to go and rework all the cockpits without any compensation (Money) Still, it would be nice for it to work properly... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Old_Canuck
12-13-2004, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aaron_GT:
I have CFS3 and spent some time with it over the past week adding additional planes. I'm already bored with it... Time to delete it so I don't waste any more time with it. I have X-plane 8 on its way for general aviation, PF for combat stuff... (and other sims that seem to give a better experience overall than CFS3). 6DOF support isn't enough to make CFS3 worthwhile... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This helps me to resist the temptation. CFS3 can stay on the shelf - I can wait for BoB and head lean.

Fox_4
12-13-2004, 11:09 AM
If IL-2's cockpits were made properly 3D it'd take longer to make them. We therefore wouldn't have as many flyable planes as we do now. Fehler kind of suggested that but I thought I'd make it explicit.

BuzzU
12-13-2004, 11:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jamesdietz:
No Chance ( I've seen comments on CFS...)will give it a try on off line missions with FB/PF & hope it improves FW-190 views ...If not will hold on to it for Bob..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't understand your thinking? It's not going to work in FB/PF. Online or offline.

I have it on the way too, but I ordered it for FS2004.