PDA

View Full Version : Damage team on strike ?

Oulton
10-12-2005, 03:13 AM
I sometimes assign a crew to damaged areas and I see a wrench working away at repairing. This is ok, othertimes the damge crew don't do anything when assigned to repair the damage.
Maybe I'm not assigning them properly ?,
perhaps you can advise me please ?

Thanks - Oulton

fizilbert
10-12-2005, 03:25 AM
99% of the time when this happens, it's because you forgot to secure from silent running. When you are in silent running mode, the crew will not repair damage (because it makes a lot of noise to do it.)

WilhelmSchulz.-
10-12-2005, 04:06 AM
I second that. Its was a DOH!!! when I found that out.

Maj_Solo
10-12-2005, 08:07 AM
I never go to silent running anymore, havent done that in at least 5 month. I just say slow speed. If I have damage to repair then i guess it really need repair then so let them work .... when they are done it will be silent and you can sneak.

Dominicrigg
10-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Also some things can be so damaged they are unrepairable. I forget but i think this makes the compartment red for the rest of the journey.

If you check the compartment description it will tell you what things are broken and if they are repairable or not.

TheRealWulfmann
10-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Compartments can be red inferring serious damage that can be fixed but often, as said above, they can not. When that is the case it will say "destroyed" for that object, like Stern diving planes, destroyed etc.

Sometimes I get a "compartment destroyed" when I try and move a torpedo officer into the stern torpedo room. So he can not enter. But, the chiefs and rating can. Have no clue as to why.

Wulfmann

Oulton
10-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Looks like you were correct in saying that I
forgot to secure from silent running.
I haven't had a problem since, so thanks
to all that replied.
Also, thanks for the other tips.

Regards - Oulton