PDA

View Full Version : Re-buy AC for PS3? Need to decide today.

Igarber
12-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Hey All,

I returned AC 2 days after I bought it due to freezing and bad framerate.

I've been monitoring these forums since, hoping a patch would come out that would fix most of it. Well, I've heard reports that patch fixed the freezing and the 2.10 update of PS3 made things a bit smoother. The reason I'm pondering doing this today is that BestBuy has it for 37.99 - today only.

What do you guys think?

zgubilici
12-26-2007, 10:11 AM
In as few words as possible: definitely buy it.

Igarber
12-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Actually, a few more words will be VERY helpful http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd like to know how much the rate of problems have decreased since the patch and 2.10 update...

zgubilici
12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
There are two surveys done in the AC Community technical help forum - those can help you with the users opinions about the patch. I haven't downloaded the patch myself, because the freezing problems I have experienced were very rare, so I cannot give you a first hand opinion.
As far as I've heard, the patch has fixed a lot of the freezing problems - not sure about the screen tearing that was reported by some users - I never had those.
There are also a few threads around the forums talking about alternative ways to make AC run smoother on the PS3.You should look into those as well.
But you shouldn't miss on the AC experience, that's my opinion.

Zain0
12-26-2007, 10:42 AM
AC used to freeze atleast 2 or 3 times for me on my PS3, since the update I've had no problems whatsoever, but I've also heard that other people are still experiencing some problems so... Its really upto you, I would say buy it :P

maddog111
12-26-2007, 10:59 AM
dude if u want to see better for ps3 ther was a video that makes it better instead of putting it limited put it FULL then ull see bettter

ifiwerearichman
12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
If it helps, I too own the PS3 version of AC and initially I had a few freezes (not many, bout 4 before the patch) and the framerate did get bad at times, especially in Block 7 when you have to navigate through the massive crowd infront of the fortress. Now the freezes are non-existant and the framerate is all around solid. The texture tearing is still pretty bad though but its not likely Ubisoft is gonna fix that...

spazzoo1025
12-26-2007, 08:20 PM
hey Z, I can beat ur 3-word summary

My answer: YES!

the_assassin_07
12-27-2007, 06:04 AM
I haven't even encountered a problem with AC since purchase...

Igarber
12-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Allright,

I went out and bought it. So far played for about an hour. Downloaded the patch and the framerate does seem better then the first time I played this game. I haven't gotten to the point where I used to experience the freeze with my first copy (enetering the first city), but should have more time to play this weekend and will know soon enough.

maddog111
12-27-2007, 09:00 AM
when i get the ps3 and ac tomorrow i play Cd then download patch or what?

Igarber
12-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Posted Thu December 27 2007 08:00 Hide Post
when i get the ps3 and ac tomorrow i play Cd th
It'll tell you there's an update available as soon as you start the game for the first time.