PDA

View Full Version : Source Code

SolidSage
08-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Not trying to promote the movie or anything but I think AC fans might find it interesting.
Nice take on Desmond and the exploitation associated with his relationship with the Animus.

worsecuve
08-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Not trying to promote the movie or anything but I think AC fans might find it interesting.
Nice take on Desmond and the exploitation associated with his relationship with the Animus.
Actually it has nothing to do with the animus or assassins creed. *SPOILERS*he is dead and they have his mind hooked up to another body that is dead but the culter stevens is part alive so he can see the images that the other guy remembers before he died. *END SPOLIERS

Poodle_of_Doom
08-08-2011, 12:27 PM
In no way was that movie even related to this franchise....

zerocooll21
08-08-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought the movie was meh. Good idea, just could have been executed better.

As for it being related to AC, to be honest know really has a answer. No one knows whats going to happen so any theory is always worth exploring.

Abeonis
08-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

He didn't say it did, he merely commented on the similarities between the two.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-08-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

He didn't say it did, he merely commented on the similarities between the two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah,... I don't care a whole lot for the comparison to be honest. It doesn't fit to terribly well for me....

LightRey
08-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Never even heard of it. How is it similar to AC?

SolidSage
08-09-2011, 01:07 AM
Yes, it's not attached to the franchise in any way. I was suggesting that there are a lot of obvious parrallels and similarities between the protagonists, and their relationship with the machine that allows them to physically interact with another point in time, and how they are both, in some way, it's captive.

You may well be right Poodle, that it "doesn't fit terribly well", or your wrong.
Nice job trying to usher a dark cloud into the thread though.
How original http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

LightRey
08-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by SolidSage:
Yes, it's not attached to the franchise in any way. I was suggesting that there are a lot of obvious parrallels and similarities between the protagonists, and their relationship with the machine that allows them to physically interact with another point in time, and how they are both, in some way, it's captive.

You may well be right Poodle, that it "doesn't fit terribly well", or your wrong.
Nice job trying to usher a dark cloud into the thread though.
How original http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
Ah, it deals with a time paradox. Not sure if I'd like that. I might still check it out though.

SolidSage
08-09-2011, 01:28 AM
There's a point at the beginning where something similar to the bleeding effect occurs. In that the dude starts to forget who he is.
I enjoyed the method it used to pull him back to his self.

It's not a place holder in my favorite movie category or anything but I do feel that Creed has been noticed, and other media has been influenced.

thornebrook
08-09-2011, 02:15 AM
I liked the movie more than I thought I would. It struck me as Himitsu meets the Animus, in a way. The similarities of that movie to Himitsu are pretty large:

SPOILER WARNING:

Himitsu - Top Secret tells of a government forensics branch created to use technology specializing in sifting through memories of the recently deceased, used primarily in solving murder cases. The brain has to be freshly removed from the body and delivered within 30 minutes of time of death.

What I like about Source Code, is that the guy wasn't even in the scene they were investigating and that he was only used because he synchronized perfectly with one of the victims and their machine. It added a great deal to the feeling of displacement throughout the film.

Also, the guy heading the whole operation was VERY Vidic-like. <3

/SPOILER WARNING

SolidSage
08-09-2011, 11:31 AM
@Thornebrook
I haven't seen Himitsu, I'll look for it.
Creed didn't invent the concept of 'temporal displacement of course, but I really think it did a great job of realizing it in a more plausible way, than say a time machine. Much like how the Matrix presented an alternate reality in a plausible manner...until the subsequent movies where they really jumped on the Sci Fi band wagon.
There was a movie in the early eighties called Dreamscape, where the protagonist could enter the dreams of others through meditation, and then assassinate them in the dream, resulting in their death in the real world. I think it just got remade. I've been interested in the concept of 'cerebral migration' ever since.

I'm expecting Desmond to at some point, be able to 'jump' to his ancestors without the Animus, as a side effect of the bleeding. With his story coming to a close though, maybe not. And perhaps it's better to keep the Amimus involved as the activator anyway. It really is a character of it's own in the series.