PDA

View Full Version : Petition: We want the next AC pc game release on the same day as console version

adittza89
04-03-2011, 12:52 AM
You want the next version of Assassins Creed released on pc on the same day with the console version? Then now is the time to do something.
Every one who believes that we should not wait four more months to play the game should vote "yes".
Every time you contact support they tell you how important your feedback is. Let's show them how important this aspect is for us.

ace3001
04-03-2011, 01:05 AM
I'd love it to happen, but it's never gonna happen.

jelf22
04-03-2011, 01:55 AM
I'll definitely buy the collectors edition of the game if it's released on the same day as consoles.

Crumplecorn
04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
If the PC version weren't just a port I might care, but since it is, concerns regarding piracy take precedence.

ace3001
04-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
If the PC version weren't just a port I might care, but since it is, concerns regarding piracy take precedence. Could you explain that a bit? What's it being a port gotta do with piracy? Not that there will ever be a PC exclusive AC (and I don't want such a thing, either), but port or exclusive, no matter what, games will be pirated.

EDIT: Oh, and talking about piracy, don't forget stuff like "Assassins.Creed.Brotherhood.XBOX360-GLoBAL". Pirated even before release date.

mmdore
04-03-2011, 07:08 PM
well Ubi has had a hard time trying to fight piracy, they failed at first but now they added the mp, so if you want to enjoy that apart from sp you need to buy the game. So it is safe to say that pc piracy wont mess up their sales, sadly i dont see titles being released at same time.

Blackdawn451
04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Honestly, I would prefer it if Ubi took their time to make a polished and optimized game. Ac2 on the PC was an unoptimized mess despite the six month delay, but Brotherhood is absolutley fantastic. I'm glad they spent the extra time improving textures and optimization instead of their cumbersome DRM system. If the next AC comes six months late again, but with advanced features and maybe even DX11, then I will be perfectly content.

lIkameleonIl
04-03-2011, 10:05 PM
If it means spending more time on optimising the PC version, fine, delay it.

However, it does show how the developers alocate their staff - prioritise the console versions, which shows that they have less desire to release the PC version.

Surely they have three groups focusing on each platform? If they have two on PS3/360, why not another group on PC? Or, we can assume the console groups also create the PC version after finishing on the console version - they are porting the console version to PC once they complete the priority console versions.

Either way it shows the PC version gets the least priority.

I vote delay it, as then we can at least get a better quality port.

ace3001
04-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Blackdawn451:
Honestly, I would prefer it if Ubi took their time to make a polished and optimized game. Ac2 on the PC was an unoptimized mess despite the six month delay, but Brotherhood is absolutley fantastic. I'm glad they spent the extra time improving textures and optimization instead of their cumbersome DRM system. If the next AC comes six months late again, but with advanced features and maybe even DX11, then I will be perfectly content. Do you by any chance play the console versions as well?

jag272
04-04-2011, 01:17 AM
well i'd like it to happen but i voted no. i know that since they develop it for the consoles first and port it over to pc after it does take time to get it to run properly and even then there is unforessen problems such as the current state of the matchmaking on multiplayer.if you want a good game you have to be patient and wait for it. for example take a look at call of duty black ops or mw2. they rushed the release and so the game was nowhere near what the pc gamers expected. if you want a good game you have to give it the extra time to develop.

adittza89
04-04-2011, 01:27 AM
I do not think the delay is about optimizaton. The delay is aboout marketing. When the console version was released they had midnight sales, and a lot of stuff...well maybe they could not make this for all the versions. And maybe they sell more console versions this way

Lord_Ethcaz
04-04-2011, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by adittza89:
I do not think the delay is about optimizaton. The delay is aboout marketing. When the console version was released they had midnight sales, and a lot of stuff...well maybe they could not make this for all the versions. And maybe they sell more console versions this way

Indeed.
I don't know exactly how it works, but basically, they have to buy the rights to create a PS3 or Xbox360 version.
As I understood, that's why games are created for console first and later ported to the PC. They have to earn that investment back, and releasing to all 3 platforms at the same time might jeopardize that.

AntiChrist7
04-04-2011, 07:30 AM
as long as they deliver a good product that doesn't need 5 major patches after release (like most PC-games), i can wait the few extra months

Nboaram1
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Blackdawn451:
Honestly, I would prefer it if Ubi took their time to make a polished and optimized game. Ac2 on the PC was an unoptimized mess despite the six month delay, but Brotherhood is absolutley fantastic. I'm glad they spent the extra time improving textures and optimization instead of their cumbersome DRM system. If the next AC comes six months late again, but with advanced features and maybe even DX11, then I will be perfectly content.

I hate to point out the obious But the PC Ac2 Was late aswell. And Brotherhood Isn;t amazing They can't even get their servers to work consistantly

mrxclusiv.au
08-29-2011, 06:10 AM
so you guys are fine with them delaying it ? well I suppose thats not too bad but the things I am not "fine" with are

1. console gamers blabbing the ending 4 days after console release on the forums/facebook fanpage and everywhere else

2. PC version being on the shelf at full new release price whilst console variants are in the discount bin sometimes at half the cost

3. the blatant LYING to PC gamers if its going to be LATE tell us that, don't tell us same date then exclude PC logos from game trailers and such and create the angst and frustration around the release

you want to shut PC gamers up go on the record hell get Gabe to do it in one of his youtube q&as and tell us its ON TARGET (the PC VERSION) for November 15th - it will take him what 10 seconds to say it, instead of this dancing you are doing holding the door ajar by not flatout saying "PC VERSION WILL BE RELEASED AT THE SAME TIME AS CONSOLE" - PC gamers aren't children and we can see what you are doing and that is being very shadowy in regard to the fact as to if it will or will not be released on November 15th this allows you to pull a last minute Brotherhood esque delay. And at the same time you can save face and say "we never said it would be released November 15th on PC we planned to but because of <<insert bs reason or no reason at all>> its been delayed to some date in the future"

please stop screwing with us if its going to be delayed tell us, if it isn't TELL US. many are very cagey given that no cross platform game this year has come out same day accross PC and console, all your releases have had PC delay you NEED to address this and soon.

TheLeoCrow
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
I too am OK with delaying the game, but I'm not OK with lying about delaying. As it stands now, the release date is the same as consoles. I hope that doesn't change the last possible moment as with the previous games.

theCrazy_Foxy_
08-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Definitely yes, i think all the pc community is tired of this delay, fortunately no delay has been announced so hope the things stay this way.

D.I.D.
08-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I've preordered but I'm prepared for a delay. It's very good, but it's a game so that's hardly a cause for rage.

Ideally, if there are problems only with the multiplayer, I'd happily take the single player side in November/December and the multiplayer later (especially since I probably won't play the multiplayer).

AnthonyA85
08-30-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree with what mrexclusiv said on the first page.

I too would like a november release, but sadly, Ubi's track record for the pc versions speaks for itself clearly.

ALL pc versions of the AC games were delayed, starting with AC1. I'm hoping ACR won't be, but, i won't be suprised if it is.

mrxclusiv.au
08-30-2011, 08:52 AM
guys just thought I would update you guys - after some issues on the Facebook fanpage that required the intervention of Gabe he was asked the question about the PC release date :

I can't help it Gabe if you are still here can you please address the PC release date and give us some clue as to if it is on schedule for November 15th - I am sorry but I cannot help not asking, do a youtube q&a I dont care how you do it but please do it

several hours later (about 10 there was a reply and here it is :

Assassin's Creed ?As far as we know, PC version of ACR is on-schedule. And every piece of communication we've had thus far has stated clearly that the release date should be the same.

Of course, we'll update if something changes!

now guys make of this what you will, I am just posting it here in case some hadn't seen this on facebook http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

imho I will be interested to see what happens once the Beta is out for a little while that either just has or is about to come out

POPersiaT2T
08-30-2011, 06:51 PM
i wonder which type of DRM will be used on ACR? is there any official statememnt on this?

Vey03
08-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mrxclusiv.au:

2. PC version being on the shelf at full new release price whilst console variants are in the discount bin sometimes at half the cost

This!!!

In the end, it's all about money. They'll release it in such a way that will make the most profit for them.
In AC's case, for Ubi and Sony.

Plus they know that PC gamers will only be too happy to part with their money paying full price, because they've already had to wait 4-6 months, and won't be waiting another 4-6 for the game to go on sale.

So yeah, it makes perfect profit sense to delay.

Also, the 160gig PS3's are also on sale here (in Australia) at the moment, because of the release of the new 320gig ones.
Now who isn't going to run out and get that, and maybe later get the PC version as well?
You see what i mean?

Ranxerox_01
08-31-2011, 02:36 AM
I prefer the delay and no rush to get the PC version. In my case I asked ACB Codex Edition. I came with all the DLC but as they made a mistake in the code number of the bonus issue, I could not activate the Trojan market and aqueducts ... of course to buy the store Ubishop not charged me.
I hope that I have charged animus version does not come with the same activation error bonus content.

ivan0519
08-31-2011, 03:50 AM
i think (and hope) that the PC version will be released at time because of the collaboration of Massive Entertainment, which developed only PC games in the past (although they are all RTS).
If it gets delayed i hope it will only be delayed for about a week or two.

Why can't Assassins creed be released on the same date as console versions?
Release it on the same date!

D.I.D.
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by RegiStrato:
Why can't Assassins creed be released on the same date as console versions?
Release it on the same date!

Because development is much more problematic. Despite the peculiarities of the consoles, especially the PS3, at least the developer can be reasonably sure that the same code will run the same way on every console of that type (barring small differences in HD size, operation with peripherals such as PS Move/Kinect).

By comparison PCs are a minefield, with thousands of different combinations of hardware components, drivers, operating systems and system speeds. Developing for Macs would be comparatively easier, even though they have a range of machines too, since at least they have standardisation.

Lots of cross-platform games have this problem, even the biggest titles. PC GTAIV players had to wait months for each package of the main game and its DLCs.

Vey03
09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
If it was that hard, no company wuold be able to release PC versions at the same time. Yet, lo and behold, they still manage to!

D.I.D.
09-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
If it was that hard, no company wuold be able to release PC versions at the same time. Yet, lo and behold, they still manage to!

A few do. Often they get screamed at for releasing a buggy game, or worse never supplying patches.

The bottom line is, anybody who gets seriously upset about PC delays either needs to get a console or some perspective. It's just a game, there are plenty of other things to do while you wait, and you've chosen the platform with the worst sales figures and biggest coding headaches. So have I.

mrxclusiv.au
09-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:

A few do. Often they get screamed at for releasing a buggy game, or worse never supplying patches.

The bottom line is, anybody who gets seriously upset about PC delays either needs to get a console or some perspective. It's just a game, there are plenty of other things to do while you wait, and you've chosen the platform with the worst sales figures and biggest coding headaches. So have I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea the sales figures may be "poor" but did you ever think that maybe the sales figures are poor is due to the fact that you can get games day of console release for 90 bux or you can wait will PC release and get the PC version for 90 bux or the console version for 45 bux....... yeap this pricing disparity drives PC gamers away from games purchases and drives down sales, why don't you get some perspective??

would you pay full RRP for a car that is ex demo and 6 months old - no you wouldn't but this is the situation faced by PC gamers on a daily basis - release it the same time that way everybody gets platform equality and you don't have one platform ruining the game by blowing the ending for any other platform, again perhaps you need to consider the complete set of ramifications a delay causes TO RECAP

PC games sales are lower because due to the delay the shelf price for what is a 6 month old game that everybody else has used is at max new release price, this drives sales away from the platform to either console or piracy in disgust of the price gouging that you recieve

D.I.D.
09-02-2011, 05:55 AM

yea the sales figures may be "poor" but did you ever think that maybe the sales figures are poor is due to the fact that you can get games day of console release for 90 bux or you can wait will PC release and get the PC version for 90 bux or the console version for 45 bux....... yeap this pricing disparity drives PC gamers away from games purchases and drives down sales, why don't you get some perspective??

would you pay full RRP for a car that is ex demo and 6 months old - no you wouldn't but this is the situation faced by PC gamers on a daily basis - release it the same time that way everybody gets platform equality and you don't have one platform ruining the game by blowing the ending for any other platform, again perhaps you need to consider the complete set of ramifications a delay causes TO RECAP

PC games sales are lower because due to the delay the shelf price for what is a 6 month old game that everybody else has used is at max new release price, this drives sales away from the platform to either console or piracy in disgust of the price gouging that you recieve

Firstly, thanks for proving my point with your anger, caps and multiple question marks.

Prices: blatantly not true. PC games are much cheaper than console games on release, and they go to a rock bottom price much sooner. I've preordered AC:R Collector's Edition for 34.90 on PC, while the same shop sells the XBox360 Collector's Edition for 49.70 and the UbiShop does that same XBox edition for 60: basic edition is 24.90 on PC. AC:B, Dead Space 2, and Portal 2 went down to 15, 12 and 17 within 4 months of their original release dates on Amazon UK.

All PC games are like this whether they come late or on time. We get a cheaper product, and often a higher quality one because of better graphics effects/resolution and so on.

Nobody was able to ruin anything in AC:B until I finally got to play it on PC. It's really easy to avoid that stuff.

rain89c
09-02-2011, 11:46 AM
It's more like 6 months, heh, I wish it was 4 months man...

But yeah, I hope they release it as the same time as the console versions this time.

Ieroglif
09-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Again ubiguy "forget" adout PC version at 8:45 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_vi7a1zegOI)

rain89c
09-02-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ieroglif:
Again ubiguy "forget" adout PC version at 8:45 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_vi7a1zegOI)
.....WTF happened to PC AGAIN?!
SIGH

Black_Widow9
09-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Let me just say again that as of now the PC version is still slated to be released at the same time as the console games.

mrxclusiv.au
09-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Firstly, thanks for proving my point with your anger, caps and multiple question marks.

Prices: blatantly not true. PC games are much cheaper than console games on release, and they go to a rock bottom price much sooner. I've preordered AC:R Collector's Edition for 34.90 on PC, while the same shop sells the XBox360 Collector's Edition for 49.70 and the UbiShop does that same XBox edition for 60: basic edition is 24.90 on PC. AC:B, Dead Space 2, and Portal 2 went down to 15, 12 and 17 within 4 months of their original release dates on Amazon UK.

All PC games are like this whether they come late or on time. We get a cheaper product, and often a higher quality one because of better graphics effects/resolution and so on.

Nobody was able to ruin anything in AC:B until I finally got to play it on PC. It's really easy to avoid that stuff.

1. I didn't "prove your point" I made valid arguments as to why a PC version delay is such a disadvantage financially and otherwise which you completely overlooked

2. No it isn't "really easy to avoid that stuff" for me to avoid it I have to be incredibly careful what websites I visit (FB fanpage massive nono) which one would presume would have "updates" on it in regard to the upcoming PC release, but instead you find massive plot spoilers posted in comment to the main posts, I have friends that are also gamers and who also play AC, I have to stress to them not to tell me anything about it to avoid spoiling it

and
3. its fantastic that you get your games at a lower price when they first come out than what the console gamers do, ever stop to think that perhaps not EVERYWHERE in the world is the same? and my argument still holds that if I go into the shop to purchase a game day of PC release if its 6 months behind console the game is $90 AUD for PC or around $40 AUD for same game on console out of the discount bin, maybe where you live things are different but where I live I pay a premium "new release" price for a game that is 6 months old, this is a fact and no amount of wordsmithing can mask it.

and in response to black widow :

firstly thankyou for showing an admin presence in this thread, I for one appreciate your contribution. I also hope that the beta doesn't develop the way Brotherhoods did with an announcement to PC delay not long after its release, I sincerely hope that the game makes the same release date and I will be there to collect my fully paid for animus edition of Revelations along with all the console gamers. All I ask is don't overlook us, we are here and we really dislike that.

NetWalkerBR
09-04-2011, 07:11 AM
C'mon UBI guys. Just let Steam start the Pre-order of AC: Revelations and you see your PC fans will support buying the game. I myself will buy two copies, one to be gifted to me brother.

Thanks !

JokerSte1972
09-07-2011, 10:51 AM
I waut pc version......i want the game in november......zio dog http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

sassinscreed
09-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by adittza89:
You want the next version of Assassins Creed released on pc on the same day with the console version? Then now is the time to do something.
Every one who believes that we should not wait four more months to play the game should vote "yes".
Every time you contact support they tell you how important your feedback is. Let's show them how important this aspect is for us.

why put "it's not possible in poll"? there are many games which are released on same day on pc and consoles so i'm sure it is possible, it is just that ubisoft doesn't want that for some unknown reason and i'm sure if ubisoft really wants to release pc version same day as console it would be possible (well i would understand delay if they improve it with directx 11 stuff and similar things but assassins creed 1 had directx 10 support and newer games are directx 9 only thats fail)

mrxclusiv.au
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
at time of writing a whopping 88% say release it same day in the poll, if thats not a strong message to Ubisoft I am buggered if I know what is, the people who have visited this thread and are voting to a ratio of about 8.8:1 for same day release, thats almost nine out of every ten people. if thats an accurate representation then by delaying Ubisoft are clearly ignoring the majority

restomaniac
09-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
as long as they deliver a good product that doesn't need 5 major patches after release (like most PC-games), i can wait the few extra months And have the storyline wrecked and spoiled to within an inch of its life.
Thanks but no thanks.

restomaniac
09-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Because development is much more problematic. Despite the peculiarities of the consoles, especially the PS3, at least the developer can be reasonably sure that the same code will run the same way on every console of that type (barring small differences in HD size, operation with peripherals such as PS Move/Kinect).

By comparison PCs are a minefield, with thousands of different combinations of hardware components, drivers, operating systems and system speeds. Developing for Macs would be comparatively easier, even though they have a range of machines too, since at least they have standardisation.

Lots of cross-platform games have this problem, even the biggest titles. PC GTAIV players had to wait months for each package of the main game and its DLCs. Rubbish.
Others manage it why can't Ubisoft?
Nobody was able to ruin anything in AC:B until I finally got to play it on PC. It's really easy to avoid that stuff. Apart from when someone in the Trade channel on World Of Warcraft announced the ending obviously.

So not as easy as you thought then.

AdsarthaM
09-09-2011, 01:02 PM
If delaying the PC version means optimizing for PC and taking advantage of more advanced PC hardware, then delay it by all means.

I also thought that AC2 did not use possibilities of PCs very well, although as a game I loved it. For example very blurry textures in distance and shadow quality were "console quality" and that is not a good thing. But Brotherhood was a lot better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

sassinscreed
09-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by AdsarthaM:
If delaying the PC version means optimizing for PC and taking advantage of more advanced PC hardware, then delay it by all means.

I also thought that AC2 did not use possibilities of PCs very well, although as a game I loved it. For example very blurry textures in distance and shadow quality were "console quality" and that is not a good thing. But Brotherhood was a lot better http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

i'm sure that ubisoft won't improve graphics for pc version because than it would have better graphics than console version but need months anyway to make pc version, and many other games are released same day for pc and consoles so i don't get why can't assassins creed too and what makes it all worse is that it is always announced same day as console but gets delayed later instead of announcing real release dates first

vavyne
09-14-2011, 02:14 PM
assassin's creed 1 release date:
Pc ~ 8 Aprial 2009
console ~ 13 November 2007

assassin's creed 2
pc ~ 9 march 2010
console ~ 17 November 2009

assassin's creed brotherhood
pc ~ 22 March 2011
console ~ 16 November 2010

So from what I've gathered, AC:A will get delayed as well.

dex3108
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM
No PC logo

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2011/09/p1080471.jpg

PC logo is there i just didn't saw it XD

Mr_Shade
09-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by woodexx:
PC logo is there i just didn't saw it XD Maybe check a little more carefully before panic posting - since many people would just see your comment and run with it..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The PC format logo is the small square one infront of the PS3 logo - for those interested.

At present the PC version is still slated for a November release.

mrxclusiv.au
09-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
At present the PC version is still slated for a November release.

thank you for this snippet of info Mr_Shade please do continue posting PC specific release date information, this isn't much to go on but its better than nothing. *any* PC release information will be greatly appreciated by me at least, please continue updating us. and would a mention of the PC version release date on the facebook page be asking too much? just put a sentence on the end of another post.

Moron1000
09-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I've preordered but I'm prepared for a delay. It's very good, but it's a game so that's hardly a cause for rage.

Ideally, if there are problems only with the multiplayer, I'd happily take the single player side in November/December and the multiplayer later (especially since I probably won't play the multiplayer). lol, why not cause some rage? Like hhe said, if its gonna get delayed, say it now, dont get our hopes up and [edit: do not bypass the swear filter] us up in the last moment. That would be cruel and rude from the UBISOFT side to the huge community

NetWalkerBR
09-19-2011, 12:50 PM
UBI, please let pre-order start on STEAM !!

I want to buy PC Version and will get two copies. The second one, will give to my brother http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dex3108
09-20-2011, 02:41 PM
And here we go again it seams that PC version is delayed for December http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It is not official still but be prepared for it.

CasualMancer
09-20-2011, 04:46 PM
And here we go again it seams that PC version is delayed for December http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It is not official still but be prepared for it.

Based on what?

mrxclusiv.au
09-20-2011, 08:19 PM

WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE - SPILL

dex3108
09-21-2011, 01:19 AM
I found it here http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...-delay-on-the-cards/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/20/possible-assassins-creed-revelations-pc-delay-on-the-cards/)

mrxclusiv.au
09-21-2011, 01:57 AM
I found it here http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...-delay-on-the-cards/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/20/possible-assassins-creed-revelations-pc-delay-on-the-cards/)

wow thats low doing that, very low <sigh> time to respond is now admins/Ubisoft

dex3108
09-21-2011, 02:52 AM
There is no delay PC version is coming on 15. November too

http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/...ons-says-ubisoft-uk/ (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/)

Mr_Shade
09-21-2011, 08:12 AM
That's why retailers who post dates, which are different from the official ones, should always be questioned.

Locopells
09-21-2011, 05:27 PM
That's why retailers who post dates, which are different from the official ones, should always be questioned.

That said, the fact that the recent Gamestop ACR Multiplayer trailer fails to mention PC at all has made me panic - please tell me I'm over-reacting!

dex3108
09-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Different trailers have different end distributors. Here is UK trailer that have PC version at the end http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...S11LRXvFWmg&index=20 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Jo5CyUIBg&list=UU0KU8F9jJqSLS11LRXvFWmg&index=20)

D.I.D.
09-22-2011, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by restomaniac:
Rubbish.
Others manage it why can't Ubisoft?

I don't know what you want. Look, the new Batman, also delayed on PC. Driver:SF, delayed. It's common. Some devs manage to get their PC version out on schedule but many don't, and they don't because of the problems of non-standardised hardware and operating systems. That is absolutely true.

Apart from when someone in the Trade channel on World Of Warcraft announced the ending obviously.

So not as easy as you thought then.

I don't know about that specific case. They spoiled an AC plot in a WOW announcement? If that's not what happened, and it was a WOW plot point they spoiled, then it is easily avoided. I avoid spoilers by not reading articles/forum threads etc on the topic unless I'm prepared for some things getting spoiled.

D.I.D.
09-22-2011, 04:59 AM

3. its fantastic that you get your games at a lower price when they first come out than what the console gamers do, ever stop to think that perhaps not EVERYWHERE in the world is the same? and my argument still holds that if I go into the shop to purchase a game day of PC release if its 6 months behind console the game is $90 AUD for PC or around $40 AUD for same game on console out of the discount bin, maybe where you live things are different but where I live I pay a premium "new release" price for a game that is 6 months old, this is a fact and no amount of wordsmithing can mask it.

Oh, fair enough. I've lived in the UK, USA and Canada and it's been the same in all of those places - didn't know Australia rips you off permanently, sorry about that.

ace3001
09-23-2011, 08:22 AM

I don't know what you want. Look, the new Batman, also delayed on PC. Driver:SF, delayed. It's common. Some devs manage to get their PC version out on schedule but many don't, and they don't because of the problems of non-standardised hardware and operating systems. That is absolutely true. Only Batman counts. Driver:SF is Ubisoft. And so are a load of delayed PC games like Splinter Cell: Conviction, From Dust and Call of Juarez: The Cartel.
Anyway, let's hope for the best yet expect the worst, if that's possible.

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2011, 09:37 AM

I don't know what you want. Look, the new Batman, also delayed on PC. Driver:SF, delayed. It's common. Some devs manage to get their PC version out on schedule but many don't, and they don't because of the problems of non-standardised hardware and operating systems. That is absolutely true.

there's A LOT of difference between an one month delay (Batman's case) and a six month delay (ACB)...

they can blame the piracy on PC to justify the delay/priority for consoles, but it's not making their (PC) costumers wait for 6 months to get the game where by that time, half of the (PC) players would already know how it ends and lose the interest in buying it that they'll solve this situation..

D.I.D.
09-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:

I don't know what you want. Look, the new Batman, also delayed on PC. Driver:SF, delayed. It's common. Some devs manage to get their PC version out on schedule but many don't, and they don't because of the problems of non-standardised hardware and operating systems. That is absolutely true. Only Batman counts. Driver:SF is Ubisoft. And so are a load of delayed PC games like Splinter Cell: Conviction, From Dust and Call of Juarez: The Cartel.
Anyway, let's hope for the best yet expect the worst, if that's possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, fair point: I realised as soon as I posted it that people would take issue with Driver SF as another Ubi game (it was just the newest example in my head). But any PC games customer knows that delays beyond the console release are a fact of life (and in fact so are delays, generally: PC exclusives are often delayed, console dates too, CDs and movies and so on). It doesn't mean a company is bad, or "hates the PC", or needs to be punished in some way and that's what I'm taking issue with.

Like you, I hope the game is on time and I've preordered for that reason, but I think it does more harm than good when people get ragey about inconveniences. Games companies have to please investors, and bad news can disrupt that. So many companies don't bother with us at all anymore, so I think it's safe to assume that the ones who do make PC versions are trying their best.

mrxclusiv.au
09-23-2011, 06:51 PM
EA games and Codemasters don't have a problem getting games to PC same day as console, not EVERY game is on the PC but the ones that are are mostly same day I mean the NFS series the DiRt series never seem to be delayed to PC, clearly its doable and isn't as difficult as you make out because if it was as hard to do as you are implying the majority of games would be delayed release to PC regardless of gamedev. Fact is for whatever reason Ubisoft (proven by recent track record) is unable to release same day to PC as console why this is only they know and I would wager that there would be no way they would tell us why it is.

Another interesting fact I discovered - XBOX 360 games are coded in a near identical way to the PC and the difference is the code is compiled by a different compiler, and apparently in 75% of cases a properly working xbox 360 title will compile and run the same way on the PC, yes there are potentially some hardware issues but its not like they have to parallel develop the game for all three platforms - dev for the two and tweak the xbox360 code to run on the PC

D.I.D.
09-23-2011, 08:48 PM
EA games and Codemasters don't have a problem getting games to PC same day as console, not EVERY game is on the PC but the ones that are are mostly same day I mean the NFS series the DiRt series never seem to be delayed to PC, clearly its doable and isn't as difficult as you make out because if it was as hard to do as you are implying the majority of games would be delayed release to PC regardless of gamedev. Fact is for whatever reason Ubisoft (proven by recent track record) is unable to release same day to PC as console why this is only they know and I would wager that there would be no way they would tell us why it is.

Another interesting fact I discovered - XBOX 360 games are coded in a near identical way to the PC and the difference is the code is compiled by a different compiler, and apparently in 75% of cases a properly working xbox 360 title will compile and run the same way on the PC, yes there are potentially some hardware issues but its not like they have to parallel develop the game for all three platforms - dev for the two and tweak the xbox360 code to run on the PC

It depends very much on a game's schedule. Some, by their genre, have natural rivals and the release dates are timed to either clash or not clash with the competition. In many cases that can lead to a game being complete with lots of time to spare, and synchronisation is easier. To take your example of EA, BF3 appears to have been complete for quite some time, having been demoed in impressively good form for ages. I suspect that game could be on the shelves right now were it not for the decision to go head-to-head with MW3, and this time is no doubt going to mean that BF3 is going to be a phenomenally well-tested PC title.

In other cases, such as AC's, it's a matter of the time of year. AC is a market-leader, and as such goes for the same point in Q4 when other huge titles are coming out. Now it's also a plot point of the games. They're giving us a new game every year because they have to, in order to meet the 2012 plot.

On your other point, yes XBox development has more similarities to PC development than it does to development on the PS3, but that doesn't mean it's easy. I don't think it's ever been surveyed, so 75% will have been someone's approximation. Let's assume it's correct for the sake of argument; that would mean 75% of 360/PC cross-platform titles still need more work, and obviously it's not as simple as running it with the other compiler and just tweaking a bit and God knows we all complain if we spot a too-obvious port. That would leave 25% which are significantly harder, and that's a lot of games. Open-world games are notoriously hard to code, and AC's are among the most intricate city-based OWs.

Developers have also been upset about the special difficulties of development for PS3 since it launched, and it's easy for us to forget as desktop game players that PS3 owners have these setbacks too; PS3 release delays do happen. Sometimes we won't even know it happened because the PS3 version causes a cross-platform delay, but mentally we put those editions in a box marked "console". When the 360/PS3 etc versions arrive on the same day, we feel like the console versions arrived without a hitch when that's not necessarily the case.

Sometimes the PS3 edition gets cancelled completely (or "delayed indefinitely" or whatever PR term will cause the least ripples). Again, most of us don't notice because our confirmation bias tells us a different story, based on a certain band of titles which hold our attention.

It would be really good for us if there was a range of standardised Microsoft machines, like there are Apple systems. I quite enjoy putting together systems from parts and being able to balance cooling and overclocking, but people who are into that could probably help each other to solve their own problems, and that's pretty much what they do now. There's always the claim that competition between component companies is what's driving technology forwards, and that's partly true but it's also hamstringing the technology we have now. There is a serious lack of efficiency, both in the hours wasted by developers and in the potential of the kit we spend so much money on.

mrxclusiv.au
09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
DoubleclickTF :

yes there are alot of factors and differing hardware that increase complexity, but as far as I was aware windows itself since windows 2000 (maybe earlier) has been designed in such a way to overcome some of the hardware specific variances in the way things perform due to the operating system itself and to directx I am not one to praise Microsoft but I would have to admit that they have gone to great lengths with WHQL complying drivers for things like video cards, part of the WHQL process is that things are rendered a specific way by the video hardware this means that in theory if it works (and appears) one way on a particular video card then if you change to another card that is also running WHQL compliant drivers it should operate in the exact same fashion hopefully the only differing factor is framerate, this also holds true for sound devices I have found that irrespective of video/audio hardware you get WHQL certified drivers it runs the way the gamedev intended. This effectively removes two stumbling blocks for development, the same holds true for peripherals like mice and game controllers (gamepads wheels etc..) this also is an initiative of Microsoft to get everything using WHQL compliant drivers. This leaves the single hurdle which as far as I am aware Microsoft is having trouble pinning down and that is the CPU this is the last bastion of game development pain for the devs. This said though the instruction set is the instruction set and is the same across all cpus, if it wasn't there would be a new windows build for every new generation of CPU.

Also I contest that holding a finished product from market is somewhat of an accounting error, if your product is ready before a rivals release it and then people will buy it then when your rivals' product comes along later the consumers will buy that too. Releasing both on the same day essentially halves sales of both games, why would you risk half your sales (or more)just to limit the earnings of your competitor? I don't understand the logic of holding completed product back from market - unless that it is not finished in which case you don't market it you finish it first.

catkiller97
09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Read (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/) this no delay.

adittza89
09-26-2011, 07:45 AM
That`s excellent news. We finally get AC on time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

restomaniac
09-29-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't know what you want. Look, the new Batman, also delayed on PC. Driver:SF, delayed. It's common. Some devs manage to get their PC version out on schedule but many don't, and they don't because of the problems of non-standardised hardware and operating systems. That is absolutely true. It happens but to say it is common is stretching the point.
Ubisoft have previous on making a hash of the PC release date.
Other Dev's dont have this problem, Ubisoft do EVERYTIME.
Now if you think that is ok then fine I myself dont want the storyline spoiled which is what happened last time which I wil go into below

Originally posted by DoubleclickTF:I don't know about that specific case. They spoiled an AC plot in a WOW announcement? If that's not what happened, and it was a WOW plot point they spoiled, then it is easily avoided. I avoid spoilers by not reading articles/forum threads etc on the topic unless I'm prepared for some things getting spoiled. It was a player of WoW who blurted out that Lucy got killed at the end of ACB in trade whilst I was stood in Ogg.
That disproves that it is as easy to avoid spoilers as you have stated previously.

So in conclusion PC players should just suck it and accept that the storyline may get spoiled cause Ubi can't handle cross platform release dates.

k177sh0t
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Too late, its not even funny nor surprising

AC: Revelations Delayed

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...-revelations-delayed (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-pc-assassins-creed-revelations-delayed)

sassinscreed
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by catkiller97:
Read (http://www.xboxgamezone.co.uk/2011/09/21/no-pc-delay-for-assassins-creed-revelations-says-ubisoft-uk/) this no delay.

read this it is delayed http://www.eurogamer.net/artic...-revelations-delayed (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-29-pc-assassins-creed-revelations-delayed)

Ieroglif
09-29-2011, 10:56 AM
That's why retailers who post dates, which are different from the official ones, should always be questioned. Oh really? Eurogamer thinks different.

kleaneasy
09-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Ieroglif:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
That's why retailers who post dates, which are different from the official ones, should always be questioned. Oh really? Eurogamer thinks different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't take someones post out of context to bolster your own point.

Mr Shade said the date should be questioned, in other words don't take something as 100% accurate until you have confirmation of such. Thats a good logic to work why.

Dizlol
09-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by catkiller97:

Ubisoft confirmed with Kotaku that the PC version has been delayed to December, no specific date or reason has been given.

Source (http://kotaku.com/5845232/assassins-creed-revelations-delayed-to-december-for-pc)

rain89c
09-29-2011, 06:12 PM
So one source points to being on track with release date, and 2 other sources says delayed...
how about an official word from ubi?

mrxclusiv.au
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM
A delay until December delay was refuted what three weeks ago there was a post in this thread linking to an xbox 360 webpage made by escoblades saying there was a delay until December and ubi responded saying that there is no delay and its ontrack for November 15th, now the same December buzzword gets thrown up and there has been no denial as yet, this up and down release date rollercoaster is extremely nauseating, if you don't get it in cheack somebodys gonna wind up covered in vomit

mrxclusiv.au
09-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Kotaku:Ubisoft confirmed to Kotaku that the PC version of Assassin's Creed: Revelations has been delayed until December.

so it gets "confirmed" to them and we get what - "don't believe dates from sources other than us"

I did check ebgames au and they still have it down for Nov 15th so who knows? Kotaku claims they confirmed the delay with them but no source was cited

ecma4
09-29-2011, 07:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kotaku:Ubisoft confirmed to Kotaku that the PC version of Assassin's Creed: Revelations has been delayed until December.

so it gets "confirmed" to them and we get what - "don't believe dates from sources other than us"

I did check ebgames au and they still have it down for Nov 15th so who knows? Kotaku claims they confirmed the delay with them but no source was cited </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They seem to have confirmed it to everyone, but still have not bothered to post anything here.

Dizlol
09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
It's a shame Ubisoft never has a good connection with they're fans...

Why do they only confirm story's but not make a post on here or make an announcement on the AC main page.

And now i honestly don't trust this game releasing in December either, they just want to lure Pre-orders, people now will be like: Oh just till December better then with AC and AC2 And AC:B let's pre order!

Talk with you're wallet, i was planning on pre-ordering the animus edition yesterday, but now i will get it once it's out with the biggest discount...

I really lost it after 3 games Ubisoft.

Delaying ok, but you're communication could be a lot better, i'm not a walking wallet.