PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mario and the Knight in Armor.

Six_Gun
05-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I just wanted to comment on a couple parts of the game I found confusing. First, when you meet Mario, he appears out of nowhere as if invisible, yet he says it's just skill, but there's not even any smoke from a smoke bomb present. Why the Merlin tricks, and what's the meaning behind it?

Second, there are many times in the game where enemies you're fighting say something to the effect of, "Just like that knight in armor!" I don't recall anywhere in the game where there was a knight in armor mentioned in the story as a family member or friend.

When you add the two together, combined with rumors of a possible sequel location (not episodes) being King Arthur's medieval England, you have to wonder if Mario is a descendant of Merlin himself or some strange thing, or even an artifact giving some of them the capability of time travel.

Azugo
05-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Very, very interesting indeed... Though I doubt it.

By the way, I don't recall any enemies saying ''Just like that knight in armour!''.

Meleth1977
05-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
I just wanted to comment on a couple parts of the game I found confusing. First, when you meet Mario, he appears out of nowhere as if invisible, yet he says it's just skill, but there's not even any smoke from a smoke bomb present. Why the Merlin tricks, and what's the meaning behind it?'

I always took it just to mean that Mario was good at stealth and that Ezio wasn't very good at noticing what was going on around him. In a "this is what Ezio will become with training, th is is how a proper Assassin moves, no one will notice him sneaking up on them."

M-dahaka
05-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I just wanted to comment on a couple parts of the game I found confusing. First, when you meet Mario, he appears out of nowhere as if invisible, yet he says it's just skill, but there's not even any smoke from a smoke bomb present. Why the Merlin tricks, and what's the meaning behind it?

Second, there are many times in the game where enemies you're fighting say something to the effect of, "Just like that knight in armor!" I don't recall anywhere in the game where there was a knight in armor mentioned in the story as a family member or friend.

When you add the two together, combined with rumors of a possible sequel location (not episodes) being King Arthur's medieval England, you have to wonder if Mario is a descendant of Merlin himself or some strange thing, or even an artifact giving some of them the capability of time travel.

they don't say "knight in armor", they say something with "night in ..." Not sure what it is, but it's deff a referance to a battle, somewhere, not a knight.

Rafiq_2.0
05-07-2010, 10:01 AM

I didn't play the game in english but in the italian version (my language) but I think I could identify that phrase. In italian it says "Just like that night in Alba". Alba is a town in the north west of Italy, so I assume the enemy refers to a battle or something like that, happened in that town.

Six_Gun
05-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm surprised at some of the responses really. Even the cutscene shows swords being knocked down but no person visible in that Magic Mario moment. So if they did intend it to mean Mario moves quickly, it's certainly odd to go to such extremes. Even in the movie Ninja Assassin, you still see them move in a quick blur when the light is on them.

As for that phrase I spoke of, I guess I'll have to record it, because I thought for sure they said Knight in armor. I know there's a river called Arno in the game, but it would have to be the name of a town as mentioned to make sense. By the way, as far as I recall, they say it mainly when you're wearing the Auditore Cape.

itsamea-mario
05-09-2010, 12:29 PM
well i doubt hes invisible just out of shot, the mercenaries, are on the hills beside the roads, so is mario after shooting the guards they run down, and mario throws a kife at vieri knocking his weapon away, if mario was descended from maerlin, then so would ezio, and i doubt it.

caswallawn_2k7
05-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm surprised at some of the responses really. Even the cutscene shows swords being knocked down but no person visible
there is always bows, x-bows, throwing knives and other ranged weapons that could be used to disarm some1 at range, as for seemingly coming out of nowhere there are cliffs and trees on either side of the path they could of been hiding in waiting to ambush any invaders.

JohnConnor2012
05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
I heard it as "night in Alba" too, without benefit of the Auditore cape. Presumably they're reminding each other of previous street brawling tactics, same sort of dialogue as "Careful with this one - he knows what he's doing", "Remember your training" (no hopers!), etc.

M-dahaka
05-10-2010, 04:14 AM
you need to review that scene, you can clearly see their hands being hit by trowing knives, so that's the skill he's referring too. The guy who's sword was knocked out of his hand was just too dumb to realise it was a knive and calls it magic.

Cjail
05-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Uncle Mario, and all other Assassins, probably have super powers...after all in the game mankind was "made" by super humans! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

P.S.
I am joking...just a bit at least!