PDA

View Full Version : any chance of tese in the patch?

fordfan25
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
N1K1 and/or J2M2? i was woundering if anything has been said.

SaQSoN
04-06-2005, 03:38 PM
N1K1-J is in the game from the initial release. If you mean N1K or *flyable* N1K1-J, then - definitely not in the nearest patch. May be - never. Same for the J2M2.

shinden1974
04-06-2005, 05:06 PM
I wonder what killed the flyable N1K1-J? Always kind of hoping for it, I figured it would be brought along eventually already being in the game and all. Oh well, I'll live. maybe we'll see it on 2010!

SaQSoN
04-06-2005, 11:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I wonder what killed the flyable N1K1-J? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Try thinking about obviuos things. Like lack of skill, will and dedication in it's modeller, may be?

shinden1974
04-07-2005, 12:06 AM
well, that sux, sounds like you're probably even more dissappointed than a lot of us are, I would guess that the crew really wanted the plane flyable in the game but put their eggs in the wrong basket...such is life. thanks for all your great work by the way! I'm optimistic that we'll see the shiden in oleg's new engine anyhow though it's probably years away to get to the pacific.

fordfan25
04-07-2005, 07:40 PM
wow thats a bumer. so what the heck is any one who is into PF looking forward to? i was heart broke after hearing no more US planes but i atleast thought there would be more J late wars?

Eraser_tr
04-07-2005, 08:29 PM
There are pics of the J2m cockpit in the dev updates, so chances are yes. N1k1, not sure but hopefully.

VW-IceFire
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Well thats a shame SaQSon but I guess thats the way things will be. I was hoping for a flyable N1K of some type...but I guess it was not meant to be.

Lets hope that is not the truth for other types.

Feathered_IV
04-08-2005, 02:54 AM
Yes, lets hope. with essentially only two Imperial Navy aircraft flyable at the moment (I count all A6M's as one aircraft and rightly so) it is truly tragic state of events for a game that calls itself Pacific Fighters.

SaQSoN
04-08-2005, 05:07 AM
J2M3 cockpit is complete. There is a chance, that it will be included into 4.0. In either case, it will be in the game at some point.
N1K2-Ja cockpit is in final stages of development, and also, hopefully, will be included. But, definitely not in the 4.0.
N1K1-J cockpit seems dead, however.
There were also plans for J2M2 and J2M5, and the external for one or both of them was made some time ago. But the cockpits weren't started and it's not known, if ever will be.

harryklein66
04-08-2005, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>J2M3 cockpit is complete. N1K2-Ja cockpit is in final stages of development. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great new thanx !http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/multi.gif

Feathered_IV
04-08-2005, 06:16 AM
SaQSoN, In the second post of this thread you said, "If you mean N1K or *flyable* N1K1-J, then - definitely not in the nearest patch. May be - never. Same for the J2M2."

Then later..."J2M3 cockpit is complete. There is a chance, that it will be included into 4.0. In either case, it will be in the game at some point.
N1K2-Ja cockpit is in final stages of development, and also, hopefully, will be included."

I am a little confused about which is correct. If you have time, could you clarify?

Respectfully,

SaQSoN
04-08-2005, 06:48 AM
If and I say, IF you will read CAREFULLY what I posted, you will find NO controversy in my posts.
Heck, you could just read carefully, what you have posted to see this.

And, finally, if you imply yourself as being knowlegeable in Pacific war and Japanese aircraft, you surely must know the difference between J2M2 and J2M3 and between N1K, N1K1-J and N1K2-Ja.

VW-IceFire
04-08-2005, 06:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
SaQSoN, In the second post of this thread you said, "If you mean N1K or *flyable* N1K1-J, then - definitely not in the nearest patch. May be - never. Same for the J2M2."

Then later..."J2M3 cockpit is complete. There is a chance, that it will be included into 4.0. In either case, it will be in the game at some point.
N1K2-Ja cockpit is in final stages of development, and also, hopefully, will be included."

I am a little confused about which is correct. If you have time, could you clarify?

Respectfully, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it all makes perfect sense.

N1K is the floatplane version
N1K1 is the mid-wing fighter land based version
N1K2 is the low ling fighter land based version

SaQSoN
04-08-2005, 07:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it all makes perfect sense.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little correction. There is no such thing, as N1K1, or N1K2. They are N1K1-J and N1K2-J. "J" stands in IJN classification for a "Land based single engine naval fighter aircraft".
Without this suffix, N1K1 would read into "1st naval floatplane fighter aircraft, built by Kawanishi, 1st modification".

MiamiEagle
04-08-2005, 07:40 AM
I just hope Oleg takes his time.The more we wait the better the chance they will included.

Lets just hope he takes his time and include a the things that are needed for a good quality Pacific Flight Simulator and not do a half finish patch.

I do not care waiting until July if it will include most of the INJ and JAAF planes plus few more ally planes.

Lets not forgget the Dgen campaigns also need lots of corrections as well.

Beleive me guys it will worth it.I hope he does not make us wait until July and still not give us what we want. A Finished Pacific Fighter program.

Thank you

Miamieagle

fordfan25
04-08-2005, 11:43 AM
well thats good news about the J2M3. if it does make it in any way. i googled it and read a little about it on a few deffernt web sites. sounds like it will match up to the hellcat very well. both have almost the same top speed ect. 371mph for the J2M3

DIRTY-MAC
04-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I think it will be faster
Oleg said something about that a long time ago,
I cant remember what plane he compared it to handle like,
anyone?
but it will probably be faster than most of the numbers you will se on the net about its top speed.

shinden1974
04-08-2005, 03:23 PM
SaQSon,

I'm kind of a newbie to these forums (though not to Il-2 which I've owned since it came out), So I looked back in the past threads and saw your pics of the N1K2-J I would guess you are working on. All this time I never dared hope...I assumed since there's no N1K1-J there wouldn't be a N1K2-J. Obviously there's no guarentee it will make it into the sim but I applaud the effort, thanks.

PlaneEater
04-21-2005, 10:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
I wonder what killed the flyable N1K1-J?

Try thinking about obviuos things. Like lack of skill, will and dedication in it's modeller, may be?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Saqson, that's not only patently inaccurate, it's also the largest display of a lack of professional courtesy I have ever seen.

We are not going to get into the details on this forum, but I'm going to ask you to retract that and apologize.

VW-IceFire
04-21-2005, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SaQSoN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it all makes perfect sense.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little correction. There is no such thing, as N1K1, or N1K2. They are N1K1-J and N1K2-J. "J" stands in IJN classification for a "Land based single engine naval fighter aircraft".
Without this suffix, N1K1 would read into "1st naval floatplane fighter aircraft, built by Kawanishi, 1st modification". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahh yes of course...my bad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a big fan of the N1K2-J actually...it was a neat plane to fly back in Aces of the Pacific. Sort of fun to tangle with Hellcats, Corsairs, and Mustangs over Japan in the last months of the war.