PDA

View Full Version : my aim sucks



x__CRASH__x
01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
I just thought I would share that. I can't seem to hit anything lately. Put the spit under my nose, pull the trigger, bring him back up into view and he's fine. Try again farther, nothing. Try again even farther, nothing. Try to ram him. I miss. Fire only MG's and I hit him! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

By this time the P-51 that I didn't know saw the fight and came to the rescue is currently peppering me with .50 cal.

My aim sucks.

steve_v
01-27-2005, 02:58 PM
you're old. give up.
try to catch the chicken http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/117.gif

edit: saw the hotdog line. dam funny

madsarmy
01-27-2005, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I just thought I would share that. I can't seem to hit anything lately. Put the spit under my nose, pull the trigger, bring him back up into view and he's fine. Try again farther, nothing. Try again even farther, nothing. Try to ram him. I miss. Fire only MG's and I hit him! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

By this time the P-51 that I didn't know saw the fight and came to the rescue is currently peppering me with .50 cal.

My aim sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


I pity your toilet seat http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/tommybomb/2874533.gif

LStarosta
01-27-2005, 03:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by madsarmy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I just thought I would share that. I can't seem to hit anything lately. Put the spit under my nose, pull the trigger, bring him back up into view and he's fine. Try again farther, nothing. Try again even farther, nothing. Try to ram him. I miss. Fire only MG's and I hit him! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

By this time the P-51 that I didn't know saw the fight and came to the rescue is currently peppering me with .50 cal.

My aim sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


I pity your toilet seat http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/tommybomb/2874533.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


LOL

faustnik
01-27-2005, 03:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
I just thought I would share that. I can't seem to hit anything lately. Put the spit under my nose, pull the trigger, bring him back up into view and he's fine.

My aim sucks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fly the 190 and roll around when you fire all guns. You're bound to hit something.

MEGILE
01-27-2005, 03:25 PM
I have nothing useful to add to this thread.

Airmail109
01-27-2005, 04:11 PM
PRACTICE.............CHANGE YOUR JOYSTICK SETTINGS......CHANGE YOUR JOYSTICk! IE X-45s suck for aiming big time........piece of plastic creaky junk that doesnt feel smooth!

WUAF_Black-Rose
01-27-2005, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Megile:
I have nothing useful to add to this thread. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, me too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

haha

ImpStarDuece
01-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Crash: Maybe you should switch to the Hurricane MkIIb?? Just a though. I mean, with 12 baby Brownings in the wings you dont even need to aim. Or maybe we should get you in a Jug with the 2.02 .50 cals "Oleg's Cone of Death" feature enabled. Used to work for me.

P.S. I couldnt hit air with the way i shoot so i usually need as many gns as possible http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ColoradoBBQ
01-27-2005, 07:51 PM
You probably squashed a big fly and the goo made a spitfire pattern on the bottom of your beer stein. Suggest you go wash it.

VF-29_Sandman
01-27-2005, 07:55 PM
my aim suxs also...but p-38's were the most difficult plane to shoot deflections in rl. corsair or hellcat, diff story.

J_Weaver
01-27-2005, 08:29 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif



http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

p1ngu666
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
become a bomber pilot like i did http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Badsight.
01-27-2005, 09:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by faustnik:
Fly the 190 and roll around when you fire all guns. You're bound to hit something. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
because it works for Faust !

Badsight.
01-27-2005, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VF-29_Sandman:
my aim suxs also...but p-38's were the most difficult plane to shoot deflections in rl. corsair or hellcat, diff story. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh man ! i find the P-38 to be just like the Hurricane . . . . .

. . . . fantastic for deflection shooting

the foward view is excellent & like the Hurri , it has the reticle dot high up in the air giving you reaction time as your guy flys thru it

quasimodo_3
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
GK's movie is a lesson in deflection shooting. Search and download it. It's a tip.

http://www.vfs-22.net/SIX-FIFTIES.zip

VF-29_Sandman
01-28-2005, 06:34 AM
badsight if u could, would u send me a few tracks of ur technique with some info it would really help out. true, the forward view of the lightning is fantastic, but getting the rounds on target....god do i suck.

Aztek_Eagle
01-28-2005, 09:13 AM
my aim sucks too... but thats a small part of been a sucefull online fly pilot......, the trick is not to fear to pull the trigger, just pull it,,sooner or later something will blow up...

Extreme_One
01-28-2005, 10:18 AM
Sure you're not confusing yourself with one of the other CRASHs? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Amon26
01-28-2005, 10:42 AM
I found that setting my convergence out to 1000 for my machinegun and 800 for my cannon helps me a bit.

Sir.Robin-1337
01-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Crash, I'm sure we can come to an agreement over deflection shooting lessons.
Lets say, $200 per half an hour lesson?

I will show you the secrets to pilot killing, using a single .303 round.

I may make a 1337 pilot out of you yet.

Airmail109
01-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I know who you are SIr.Robin http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif your crazyivan in disguise!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

x__CRASH__x
01-28-2005, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quasimodo_3:
GK's movie is a lesson in deflection shooting. Search and download it. It's a tip.

http://www.vfs-22.net/SIX-FIFTIES.zip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
GoodKnight, how many aliases do you have? No one gives a flying rat's azz about your self-congratulatory movie but you.

notgoodknight
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Honestly, I have not yet posted in this thread. That was probably someone from my fanbase trying to help you. I'm sorry you did not like my film but many people found it very helpful and entertaining. So your statement that "no gives a flying rat's azz" is incorrect. I was not going to post in here until I saw that you insulted my movie. I am constantly giving. And sometimes people like you make it hard to give.

x__CRASH__x
01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

quasimodo_3
01-28-2005, 06:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x__CRASH__x:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by quasimodo_3:
GK's movie is a lesson in deflection shooting. Search and download it. It's a tip.

http://www.vfs-22.net/SIX-FIFTIES.zip <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
GoodKnight, how many aliases do you have? No one gives a flying rat's azz about your self-congratulatory movie but you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



lol nope, wrong on all counts. not about me, not about you. I watched this out of pure
reluctance to read up on d.s. I just look at the pictures.

PBNA-Boosher
01-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Everything's at 225 meters for me!

civildog
01-29-2005, 12:16 AM
Take a shotgun with you in the cockpit.

I set my convergences for 100-200m...at that range I can't mis...either I blow him in half or run into him. Either way he goes down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

civildog
01-29-2005, 12:21 AM
More constructively: try some panes with all the guns in the nose like the Gustavs, P-39, P-38...the fire is better concentrated and the convergence is tighter for much farther than the wing mounts. i have a heck of a time hitting things in Spitfires and P-47's if my target is inside or outside my convergence. In the above planes it's much easier, especially the deflection shots.

WTE_Ibis
01-29-2005, 01:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aimail101:
PRACTICE.............CHANGE YOUR JOYSTICK SETTINGS......CHANGE YOUR JOYSTICk! IE X-45s suck for aiming big time........piece of plastic creaky junk that doesnt feel smooth! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Airmail 101,I agree about X45.
May I ask what stick do you use that is smooth???

x__CRASH__x
01-29-2005, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CivilDog:
More constructively: try some panes with all the guns in the nose like the Gustavs... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what I fly the majority of the time. My problem lies in having to put my target under my nose to fire. I usually don't guess correctly. Or the other guy moves.