PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still play on HyperLobby?

The_Gorey
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
I havent played in quite a few years. I'm thinking of installing it. Is hyperlobby still the place to go?

Also, i see 4.09m is the latest... is that all i need?

What is this ultra pack i heard about? Is it MP compatible?

thx

WTE_Galway
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Have not been to HL in about 5 years though it apparently is still the place to go.

Current servers seem to be split between vanilla 4.09 official and those servers requiring one or the other of the various unofficial "mod packs" based on cracked game code.

Depending who you talk to the mod packs are either:

a) totally evil, enabled cheating and fragmented the online community destroying the game - boo hiss
or
b) are amazing, awesome, wonderful and without them IL2 would not even be on the market anymore - yay go mods

Either-way no point asking here you will start a flame war http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif So just log in to Hyper-lobby and ask what is required for the various servers.

FlixFlix
12-02-2010, 10:13 PM
No need to ask. Just click the infobox. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

VW-IceFire
12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Still log in to HyperLobby every weekend and start flying from there. It's still VERY active. Case in point... right now it's a Thursday night and there are 170 people in-game and 16 in chat. It's a lot more when people are supposed to be awake and enjoying their weekends!

4.09m is the current official patch. There is a 4.10m due any time now by Team Daidalos which has been officially approved by Oleg. There are also various MOD efforts and many people use UltraPack (no idea which version is the latest). Some people love the mods... some hate them... I find them frustrating to work with compatibility wise because they really mess up some maps (Ardennes and Okinawa for example) for online play. As long as you stick with whatever the server is using then it's ok.

I'm just using stock 4.09m... makes me happy. Do what you want to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

pupo162
12-03-2010, 04:01 AM
gutted is back??

cant wait to be shoot down by him and be made famous by showing up as a another trashed plane.

you probably made my all time favorite video ever.

cheers

Bearcat99
12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Right now there are 31 in the chat and 217 in game.. While it isn't like in the old days.. it is still here and busy.

AS for the mods .. All the mod packs are multiplayer.. and they all have their pluses and minuses.. Some say Ultrapack is more blue biased.. some say it isnt.. I use Ultrapack right now.. but I use HSFX. HSFX.. (History FX..) was I believe a mod that was originated by the 242 squad.. and it's benefit was that the files were compressed.. like in the original sim.. so load times were far more reasonable.. For a while there the mods were all over the place and at one time I had load times of 2+ minutes..

Anyway the mods add a lot to the sim.. There is also an "official" mod team.. called Team Diadalos (I call them the "official" mod team.. but that is just my opinion of them.. they do goopd work, and are made up of some of the best former modders.. so .. ) that are now working on patches.. The next official patch is 4.10.. which should be out sometime before the next ice age.. (seriously.. it should be out soon .. but I have no idea exactly when.. it is in testing now from what I hear..) for more info on that go to the official 1C site (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=98).. There is a mod called Zuti.. which allows you to have a DF server with AI.. or a Coop that you can respawn in... but it is actually pretty nice. None of the widespread cheating that so many expected happened.. and IL2 is still as of this date the best WWII Combat Flight Sim on the market.. Some do some things better(like the graphics in Wings of Prey) .. but none of them do all the things that IL2 does.. and where it counts... IL2 is still THE sim.

ytareh
12-04-2010, 02:59 AM
Anyone!?Surely EVERYONE is there !Like where else is there ?

Choctaw111
12-04-2010, 07:29 AM
HyperLobby was great.
I haven't been in there for a few years but sometimes I really miss it.

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-09-2010, 07:39 AM
I haven't used HL in over 5 years myself, though it's still used strongly by many players I fly with. I simply have 3 or 4 servers I fly on and connect to them direct IP. If I'm not in one of those, I'm flying Rise of Flight.

I use the Ultapack 2.01 and the included JSGME mod enabler allows me to setup different profiles for servers that are flying different mod sets (it's really not as difficult or convoluted as it sounds once you dig into it a bit). One of the settings in the UP is default 4.09m so I can simply load that profile and fly stock 4.09m servers too.

Hey Gutted, shake the bushes and yank Goodkn1ght out from under his rock too...this place could use some excitement in these final hours before SoW is released...lol

FA_310thDiablo
12-09-2010, 09:15 AM
There is a blast from the past...names like Goodknight and jimmy Giro