PDA

View Full Version : maybe costume changing

GuStick93
09-08-2007, 11:16 AM
before you start flaming me about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDRBdzlZJ5A&mode=related&search=
stop it right at 1.52
that looks awfuly alot like altair's costume but is a bit different,could this mean that you can exchange costumes

bobbylucifer
09-08-2007, 11:24 AM
they're all npc's. the similar looking costumes are probably some of the other assassins

ScytheOfGrim
09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
sorry, but i highly doubt that that is Altair... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

you do know that there are other assassins, right? well, i dont think it would be very surprising at all to find out that they wore similar clothing...

but on the subject of clothing, well, everyone knows that there are no two NPCs that look alike, but the guards that wear helmets and stuff, the ones that you are expected to see ALOT in the game, well, their faces are covere up to make the devs jobs easier, right?
instead of having them make individual guards and all. even Talal's henchmen have covered faces to hide the copied looks and all. well, that guy has a covered face. could this be an inclination that you are going to meet loads of fellow assassins? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
could this mean, as im sure many have guessed, that we will indeed be betrayed by the hashashin, and therefore have t fight against these "copies".

this trick is just a way to make an infinite amount of guards that the player can't say, "HEY! he look like the guy i just killed!"... you know what im saying?

anyway... i think there already is a costume topic... maybe even more than one.
about changing clothes, i'm not sure... :indff:

GuStick93
09-08-2007, 11:33 AM
actually i dint know that,i knew that there are other assassins,but dint know that u could see them urself
then maybe if u kill one of em,the hashashin will try to kill you,or youl be expelled from the guild
lol a guy can dream right ?

Kaxen6
09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Hmm... that does look a little like Altair in a turban/head wrapping whachamacallit-doohickey-mabob

It could be just a different assassin though. Altair has assassin buddies out and about.

I think if Altair was trying to hid his identity via changing clothes, he'd do something a little more drastic, maybe... >_> Then again, how attentive is an NPC guard? If their intelligence with recognition is anything like kiddie cartoons where no one notices the villain is in a disguise except the viewer... I suppose just slapping on a turban would fool them...

Wolfgare
09-08-2007, 01:55 PM
but on the subject of clothing, well, everyone knows that there are no two NPCs that look alike,

well if you look at the X06 Onstage Demonstration video [link (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/13511.html)] closely, you kind of see the opposite. pausing when altair was in the crowd, every couple of seconds, i noticed that many characters repeated, even after Altair passed them. the most noticable repeating character was the fat lady(one in greenish-grey dress, that gets pushed on the ground). you see her like 10 times during the vid, at one point you even see her twice in the same screen. Could just have been for the demo, and they have created more characters by then, but who knows..?

spazzoo1025
09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
just another thing to prove the sci-fi twist, pause it at 1:56. its a scientist of some sort in a lab coat. If you notice, they speed up the concept arts near the end so its hard to see him.

EDIT: btw, yes the people will have the same clothing sometimes. Remember, this isn't based in 2007, its wayyy back whenever, so they couldn't go down to the local Ye Olde Navy-eth or The Gap-eth to update their outfits

webswinger93
09-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Jade says in a vid that the assassins in 1190 were wearing white robes like Altair. So the guy in a turban is probably another assassin. And btw in the dev diary at 02:00 you see 1322 npc:s and that should be more than enough to make sure you won't see two identical people at the same time... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Recon_Reap
09-08-2007, 05:45 PM
There seems to be a Teutonic knight at 1:50, Interesting.

psycopath2003
09-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
just another thing to prove the sci-fi twist, pause it at 1:56. its a scientist of some sort in a lab coat. If you notice, they speed up the concept arts near the end so its hard to see him.

haha thats awesome I just noticed that too.

K_Falcon
09-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:

Yes thanks for the info I wasnt really paying attention at that I was just listening to Jade speak. But I saw the in the lab coat kind of looks like a HITMAN SCIENTIST he kind of looks like him probably is.