PDA

View Full Version : The New World

AronK68
12-03-2009, 07:09 AM
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. Also it fits perfectly with all the stuff about 2012, with the ancient Maya's and all (they also lived in Central America, relatively close to the Aztecs.) So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!!

caswallawn_2k7
12-03-2009, 07:16 AM
because somehow i dont know why my posts always end up all the way on the last page of the thread
maybe because this is a forum and as such orders all post's in order of posting. if it let people post at any point in the thread it would be annoying as hell to read and 99% of people would never read the new posts earlier in the thread as they would assume it is older and they had already read it.

this is they way all real forums work and this is the way people expect it to work, if it worked the way you want you would have even less chance of your posts getting read as most people always read the end as that is were the newest posts generally are.

AronK68
12-03-2009, 07:18 AM
okay thanks, i didnt get your message earlier.

AronK68
12-03-2009, 08:20 AM
plz anyone comment?

G0dsHolyMember
12-03-2009, 01:14 PM
New world would be cool. I like the idea of a South American trek through areas like ancient Machu Pichu (sp?), Teo Tijuacan, Chichen Itza, etc.

I think it would be especially fascinating if this were to take place during the timeframe of the Spanish conquest of the Americas, perhaps with the Aztecs specifically. However, I don't necessarily want someone raised directly by Ezio's 1st or 2nd generation lineage, that would be too limiting in storyline in my opinion since his family history would still be pretty fresh (remember, generations had passed since Altair, why not again?). I personally like the disconnect that was felt transitioning from Altair to Ezio, you could feel the family kinship given all of the careful attention to protecting and hiding the assassin tombs, as well as the shrine at Monteriggioni, but Altair wasn't actually in-game bossing you around.

Additionally, the game never said that the DNA-memory had to follow on the Y chromosome only. Why not have the other side of our main character's lineage actually be born of a native Aztec assassin, trained by his own people (also sharing the common ancestry back to the founding of the assassin order) and is the progeny of Ezio's great gand-daughter instead.

But like you, I agree that jumping to WWII is a big leap past a lot of eras that could be just as interesting such as the French and or American Revolutions (Benjamin Franklin could even be what Leonardo is in ACII...and there's TONS of Free-Mason conspiracies already abound IRL to play off of), any of the Napoleonic era including the French & Indian war and or Battle of Waterloo (or both), Prussian and Ottoman Empires; Maybe even go as far as the assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand and the outbreak of WWI (could be an interesting mission...cough cough).

Additionally, I'm concerned about how the introduction of advanced firarms (repeaters) will alter the gameplay mechanics of an otherwise largely melee-oriented game...UBI would need to decide if they go "Last Samurai"-style and have the Assassin Order reject guns, or risk turning the game into a WWII-based Mirror's Edge with a better but somewhat similar "Big-Brother" conspiracy-story.

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the ACII game and love all of the new improvements made to give it greater replayability and repitition is GONE!!!, so I trust that an ACIII will be just as, if not better than ACII. They'll have my money for sure.

AronK68
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Hmmm i like your idea about the Aztec Assassin. However it feels slightly strange doesnt it? And you cant get to much generations in between because then the spanish conquest would already have past. And why not make a close Grandpa Ezio relationship? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif Who has grown old and wise,and has tought you everything you know. You leave the western world and start to see the horror the Spanish Templars inflict. And then you join the aztecs who will tell you the location of the fountain..

AronK68
12-05-2009, 07:49 AM
This is sad.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif 200 views and only 1 real comment. plz comment even if you hate my idea!!

JudgeQwerty
12-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by AronK68:
I've been hearing all this about WW2 for AC3. About this i say definetly yes, however not yet. IMO from renaissance Italy to WW2 is a to big step. Now here's wat i've been thinking:

The early 1500's
The Fountain of Youth, located at the lake of the moon. A secret place in the New World(America) known only by the Aztecs. Spanish Templars hear about this and know it must be the work of some piece of eden. Together with the Conquistadore, the Templars travel to America to find this piece of eden. Ezio's son (or grandson) fully trained as an assassin by dad and/or grandad ezio. Hears about the new Templar movement and decides to go after them. The Aztecs know it all. These are their lands, their gods, their secrets.

Now this is just and idea for a next game to make the timejumps a little shorter. So how about it. A bit of Aztec magic, mixed with early spanish colonisation in a nice Caribbean Jungle scene! please comment!!

Actually, I believe this idea is partially used in Discovery already. Of course, since noone here has actually played it, I can't really say...

You know, you would have a hard time writing sympathetic characters between theocratic cannibals and culture-raping conquerors.

AronK68
12-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I dont agree. You can make templars out of Spanish, and although the Aztecs had this freaky cutting hearts out so they could burn them so that their gods could eat em kind of religion which involved a lot of sacrifices, they also where very very spiritual. Religion is always a messed up thing, and although the Aztecs freaky ways of following it are different from the way we know it in the west it still is the belief of these people. In the Dark Ages catholisism was a terrible, terrible thing. Plus you would have a group of Assassins sailing over, possibly to find friendship with aztec assassins!

caswallawn_2k7
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
AronK68 when you talk about the Aztec religion I wouldn't read too much into the information you find a lot of it is untrue, look at Voodoo, people believe Voodoo doll's are used to control, curse and injure people but in truth that was eastern European witches, Voodoo was generally done as a form of healing or for beneficial effects but as with all other religions when Christianity got to it they daemonised it so they could then in god's name destroy the heretics.

any religion that is long dead, or was pretty much abolished that long ago by Christianity has very little truth in main stories used about it.

templar-killer4
12-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Very good idea i can already imagine the assassin with dreadlocks and a nice small beard. NICE!!

Aztec assassins would be cool! Overall nice theori /idea, i had it myself.

I would eather want this time period, or the egptian time period, that would be awesome, and when you consider all the faraohs that got assassinated it could be a very possible canditate!!. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

i think ubisoft said that the 3rd installement would take us back before altairs time and show us how it all started with desmonds timeline, but dont know where i read it, so cant really confirm it.

Anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AronK68
12-07-2009, 04:39 PM
Caswallawn_2k7 its actually realy true that the aztecs did human sacrifice and cutting harts out. A specific god (dunno which one) would feed on the harts. They even had images in their temples about this, and i didnt even say a single word about voodoo? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif. Anyway were not talking about religion here. Altough i agree very much with you templar-killer4, about the cool egyptian era and stuff. The templar movement didnt really exist before Assassins Creed 1. too bad though.