PDA

View Full Version : Parachutes in BoB

darkhorizon11
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Mr. Maddox, I respectfully request that remove parachuting pilots from BoB as an object from not only the camera view, but also as a target for AAA gunners.

I know this did happen on occasion, but its really overdone in FB. Unless you have coded it to happen occasionally, or can turn this option on/off for each AAA gun I think most will agree it isn't necessary.

If anything it would probably be more realistic for enemy aircraft to do this on occasion over AAA, but that still isn't that necessary either.

This should improve the framerate a bit for us guys who can't afford to splurge on a new computer the day this game comes out!

I think most of my fellow simmers will agree with me on this one.

darkhorizon11
01-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Mr. Maddox, I respectfully request that remove parachuting pilots from BoB as an object from not only the camera view, but also as a target for AAA gunners.

I know this did happen on occasion, but its really overdone in FB. Unless you have coded it to happen occasionally, or can turn this option on/off for each AAA gun I think most will agree it isn't necessary.

If anything it would probably be more realistic for enemy aircraft to do this on occasion over AAA, but that still isn't that necessary either.

This should improve the framerate a bit for us guys who can't afford to splurge on a new computer the day this game comes out!

I think most of my fellow simmers will agree with me on this one.

Deadmeat313
01-24-2006, 12:33 PM
I'd rather that AAA didn't shoot bailed crews, but I assume they are not differentiated in game from paratroopers, who should most certainly be shot at (though perhaps not in priority to targetting nearby enemy aircraft).

T.

LEXX_Luthor
01-24-2006, 06:21 PM
*bump*

Yes, remove parachute aircrew as Objects.

Parachutes from massive bomber formations will kill any performance gained by using AI Bubbles (another topic that needs discussion on the boards).

One of the *best* feature about Pacific Fighters was the new ability to disable Parachutes. Supposedly for Japanese aircrew, but the *real life* use is to allow large bomber formations over Europe. This shows the difference between flight sim Developers' thinking, and how their sims are best used in the real world.