PDA

View Full Version : Any Tips for Double Stealth Assassinations?

vanbuskirks
11-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey all,

I'm on my second play through and really enjoy the game. I especially enjoy the double stealth assassinations (when you walk up in low-profile and stab two guards with your hidden blades). I have had a bit of trouble getting it consistently and end up just killing one guard to my dismay. I have practiced and noticed a few specific game mechanics:

1) You cannot press assassinate if you are parallel with the guards, as the animation include Ezio walking a step or two forward as he kills the guards.

2) It is often better to not be moving at all, meaning that range is important.

3) It is easier (easy defined as consistency in this case) when you try it on a group of guards walking away.

Still, having noticed all of these things I do not get it more than 50% of the time and when I do it correctly, I usually kill two guards I was not aiming for, which tends to leave me being spotted.

I was wondering if any AC2 pros out there had any more tips for consistent double stealth assassinations. Thanks

IB_O_IR_ID_O
11-29-2009, 12:02 AM
Basically, I just try to position my body "in-between" the two targets. If the are too close together, then I try my best to align myself facing the space in between them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

TooLazy4Name
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry mate, but im one of those AC pros that just picks it up. i don't have any tips. however, if you wanna take out a group of patrolling guards, approach from behind. take the one farthest in the back first, so as not to alert them. then take them out in order from back to front, it WILL NOT alert any of the guards if you double assassinate as long as they dont see it.

PS - however, if you have COMBAT questions, i can help ya there.