PDA

View Full Version : F4F landing gear control

tsail
12-29-2004, 01:36 PM
Anyone having problems with the retract\extend gear feature on the F4F ? Only works when in
" autopilot ".
"G" doesn't work and the keys I put into the control section for manual retract and extend don't have any effect. Is this my problem or a system glitch.

WildeSau
12-29-2004, 01:48 PM
the gears need to be deployed by hand.

Means first you have to assign a key to it in the control options and then not just press it once but several times - perhaps more than 30 time to retract it. You can see via outside view when it's totally retracted since I don't think that there is an instrument telling you when it's done.

WildeSau

Latico
12-29-2004, 07:44 PM
You have to map 2 keys for the manual gear controls. One for retracting and another for lowering. Watch the display text on the right hand side of screen. when it says Gear up (or down) the gear is locked in place. I think the Dash board has indicator lights but they don't work. The I-16 has a green light that glows when gear is down and a red light for up.

LEXX_Luthor
12-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Map keys like this...

For F4F and I~16...

"G" for manual gear up
"D" for manual gear down

For normal landing gear...

"Alt+G" for powered gear up
"Alt+D" for powered gear down

This way, when you fly WildCat or I~16 you don't have to hold down the ALT key when you pump the gear "G" or "D" key 40 times. For normal gear planes, you only use the gear twice in a mission--at the beginning and end--so the extra work of pressing ALT one time is easily acceptable.

Too bad Oleg didn't give us a Shear command, cos pilots carried a pair of hand shears to cut the cable if the landing gear wouldn't come down...well at least for I~16 don't know about F4F.

Wellcome to Forgotten Board

heywooood
12-29-2004, 08:22 PM
or...you could map a joystick key...or the 'any' key....I love Homer Simpson...

horseback
12-30-2004, 02:43 AM
Just a reminder-for a manual gear up or gear down command, hitting the assigned key once won't work. In a fit of perversity, 1c has decreed that you must hit the manual gear keys once for each of however many turns on the crank it took to get the real gear down.

You are not alone. I'm in an I-16 career right now, and I think I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome in my gear finger.

cheers

horseback

airdale1960
12-30-2004, 02:44 AM
Look in the Controls Tab in the game, I set up the up arrow and down arrow for the lower and raise manual gear. You will notice in the cockpit the handle on the right spins as you lower/raise the gear. Use what ever key is natural for you. The toggle gear key is for hydrolic gear only. C.U.L.