PDA

View Full Version : using x52 throttle with ch stick

deskpilot
10-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Is it poossible to use the x52 throttle with a ch fighterstick or similar? Or does the x52 throttle plug into the x52 joystick and not its own , separate the usb port of the pc?
Thanks

deskpilot
10-18-2008, 05:31 AM
Is it poossible to use the x52 throttle with a ch fighterstick or similar? Or does the x52 throttle plug into the x52 joystick and not its own , separate the usb port of the pc?
Thanks

Chris0382
10-18-2008, 06:46 AM
I use the same setup and tossed the X-52 JS in the closet. A great combo you have there that will work nicely.

R_Target
10-18-2008, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris0382:
I use the same setup and tossed the X-52 JS in the closet. A great combo you have there that will work nicely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto. No probs.

Hoenire
10-18-2008, 08:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deskpilot:
Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes and yes

1. Plug the X52 joystick into a usb socket
2. Plug the X52 throttle into the X52 joystick
3. Tuck the X52 joystick out of the way
4. Plug the CH joystick into a different usb socket
5. Configure the controls bearing in mind that the X52 joystick, CH joystock and X52 throttle will show as different controles eg ID1, ID2 and ID3 or something like that.

Personally I use the X52 joystick for the less commonly used controls like tailhook, wing folding and so on.

steiner562
10-18-2008, 12:42 PM
Its my current setup and I use the x52 Stick as a button bay like Hoenire,my X52 throttle is starting to show its age now though.

Chris0382
10-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Using the X-52 Joystick is just an option and is not needed as the JS is dependent on the throttle being plugged and the throttle is not dependent on the JS to be plugged in.

Using the X52-JS as an optional button bay is great for some going full difficulty and needs more buttons or commands for engine-prop commands.

I play on low difficulty so I dont have full engine management so I play just with the trottle and CH combatstick connected.

If you don't have TIR, the X52 Throttles mini-stick is great for analog viewing if set to the right sensitivity.

capt_frank
10-19-2008, 01:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris0382:
I use the same setup and tossed the X-52 JS in the closet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the X-52 throttle with my old MS Sidewinder JS.

I tossed my X-52 JS in the trash after hurling it on the floor about four times.